Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

Yaay! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m so happy to hear this mask worked out for you @faeriegirl! Whenever I use or see a honey mask, you are definitely one of the folks I think of right away. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’› This is one of the A by Bom masks that are tops in my book! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@faeriegirl how adorable is that packaging!!!!

@faeriegirl in terms of aesthetics, A Bom has some of the most beautifully unique and artistic packaging! Honey ๐Ÿฏ is always a winner, too๐Ÿ˜‰

@faeriegirl  So happy to hear you enjoyed this one! It's a love for me as well - even the packaging is pretty great too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

mmmm love a good honey scent @faeriegirl !

Want to Unclutter some before the new year. And this lil ds (forgot to take a pic but it'll be in my empties)๐Ÿคฆ has been hanging around. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacialโ„ข AHA + BHA Mask Mini 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  I've tried it before & I woke up the next morning to even more texture. Will update tomorrow if any negative results pop up but I plan on using Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #lapis tonight to hopefully counteract anything. Still won't buy, I'm perfectly happy withHerbivore Prism 12% AHA + 3% BHA Exfoliating Glow Serum & plan on trying out the mask. Will say if you have any "open" blemishes ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐ŸŒ‹ you will know. It burns! I thought i was far enough in the healing stage but guess not. It didn't last to long & I was able to keep the mask on for 20 min, used a cloth to wipe it off. I have others I feel do a better job at exfoliating, still pretty meh....๐Ÿ–ค for ease of spread. Dont care for the smell or taste, ๐Ÿคข if you accidentally get it your mouth or lip. 

@sonnydee I do like the DE but I only use it once a month, mainly due to the price, and I have so many others I need to get through ๐Ÿ˜†

I see they got a mini now @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‰

@sonnydee I enjoy the DE Babyfacial, but I can completely agree with you that the taste is horrible!  I've got a sample of the herbivore that I'm curious to try to see if it can replace the DE for me as it's not available in Canada.  I'm glad to see you enjoy the line. 

I have enjoyed a lot of the line @missjeanie Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Oil Control Toner 4 oz/ 120 mL   not sure. It reminds me of the chloraseptic throat spray & I don't "see" or feel what it does. But i have a fs๐Ÿคท so plenty to see how i really feel about it.

@sonnydee  Sorry to hear about your experience with Babyfacial! I hope it turns out better this time! 
FYI: the Babyfacial doesn't taste good either ๐Ÿคฎ

I got it on my lip & didn't know it. Soooooo bitter @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคข but no issues this morning

Love your "U" @sonnydee! Yay for uncluttering. I need to get to that soon - your enabling powers have no limits, do they?! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Fingers crossed you don't experience any negative effects from DE Babyfacial! ๐Ÿคž

๐Ÿค— I try. @itsfi  I'm just glad to be done with it & more empties before the new year, the merrier.

Friday's F masking involved more Farm Skin and fruits, but this time, it was all about the hair!
Sorry, no photo with fruits - I set out a bowl of grapes to include with the apples, but it seems folks decided to eat all the grapes. Oh well.Sorry, no photo with fruits - I set out a bowl of grapes to include with the apples, but it seems folks decided to eat all the grapes. Oh well.

Spoiler
I hadn't planned on using this hair mask until Sunday night, but an unforeseen (there's my U) accident with my hair and my dinner ๐Ÿ˜ฉ meant that I needed to wash my hair again, so I decided to give this Farm Skin Fresh Food for Hair Care Hair Mask Deep Moisture Grape & Apple a try as well. I received this mask as a gift from Farm Skin. I purchased sheet masks and some clay masks from them a while back and a couple of the clay masks were crushed in transport. They quickly sent me replacements and included this hair mask for the inconvenience - very good of them. I wasn't expecting it at all. 

The design of the mask makes it very interesting - see for yourself. My takeaway from this mask session is that while my face leans slightly smaller than most sheet masks, my head is slightly larger than this third generation hair mask. My efforts to get the top of this hair mask to cover the entire top of my head was comical, but I got it all in . . . eventually. It was easier to get all my hair into the bottom portion of this hair mask. Thinking about it more clearly now, I see why the top part needs to be smaller, it helps to secure the mask, but because of the sizing and fit, this hair mask may not be for everyone.

The inside of the hair mask is coated with the serum and, per the directions, you are to massage it into your hair once the mask is on, which probably is another reason for the tighter fit at the top - again, to help the mask stay snug and secure. I left the mask on for the recommended 20 minutes and my hair felt light, silky and smooth as I was rinsing out the mask. This also makes a wonderful detangler. After letting my hair air dry, it looked soft, with no frizzies and a healthy shine to it. I also noticed that my hair also looked to have just a little lift to it as well - sometimes a hair mask can leave my hair looking flat, especially at the crown. Not so here. I struggle with lack of volume so that was a really nice and welcome result for me. 

While the fit of the top portion of the mask takes some work to get right, the results from this Farm Skin mask are good. I'm undecided on whether I would repurchase; certainly, from a results perspective, yes. This performed well for me. I'm just not sure I like the cap set up. On the other hand, if the actual mask essence/cream was available separately for purchase (apart from the cap), I would seriously consider picking it up, despite having plenty of hair masks. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Spoiler
Farm Skin hair mask 1.jpgfarm skin hair mask 2.jpg

That looks like a foot mask @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜† did it smell good?

It does look like a foot mask @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜† The smell was fine just very very faint and not long lasting. I had to put my nose right up to it to pick up what subtle scent I did, and then it was gone. 

well this is interesting @itsfi .  Did you use the mask post wash or pre wash?  I always think I like the idea of these masks, but find that I end up grabbing the tubs of thick conditioner like masks instead.  Maybe I need to pick a month to concentrate on the cap versions. Super cool of the company to send this along with the replacements. 

@missjeanie, the directions say to wash with shampoo and then use the hair mask which I find is a pain in the patoots from a practical standpoint. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I ended up jumping in the shower to shampoo my hair, what with having gotten sauce all in my hair and on me - yaaaay me! After towel drying my hair, I used the hair cap and then rinsed it out of my hair. 

It was super generous and thoughtful of them. Excellent customer service.

I'm with you on the pain in the patoots here @itsfi .  I always prefer to just leave the mask in while I'm finishing my shower.  

@itsfi  I was curious about these! The cap shape is quite interesting! The second photo looks like a foot mask bootie ๐Ÿค” My head is pretty big and bulbous so it probably wouldn't work for me either ๐Ÿ˜‚

What did it smell like? 

1 Reply
testing