Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@missjeanie  Bahaha! I like your thinking! ๐Ÿ˜‚

this looks super interesting @itsfi !  And now I'm moving from berries to guac with my cravings... ahhhh the masking thread where all I want to do is eat lol

@missjeanie, we may be sharing the same brain today!! I literally just texted my SIL that chips and guacamole sound really good right now. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

64F7D38F-A83E-46CD-8FD0-BAC287F2227D.png

Hahaha! Yeah, sorry about that. Food and masking are two of my loves! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi I swear chips and guac could be a daily staple for me if I allowed it.  Might need to make another batch again today now that I saw that picture lol. It's been so sad the last months as my favourite Tex-Mex restaurant is on the US side of the border.  Total first world problems, but I've seen them online cutting back hours and now they're back to a curbside only for the time being... I have to think that part of it is that I'm not there twice a week anymore. 

Yes @missjeanie! I will join you in chips and guacamole as a daily staple!!! That's fantastic that you went twice per week! Years ago, I went to a Tex-Mex place with co-workers probably once per month and I would always just eat chips, salsa and guacamole and pretty much whatever I ordered for my meal would end up being my dinner that evening or lunch the next day. It got to the point where a couple of the servers would just bring me my own basket of chips and just automatically pack whatever I ordered in a "to go" box or bowl. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Priorities, missjeanie; priorities!!! 

Exactly @itsfi !  The little place here is right down the street from where my ex used to live so we'd be there all the time.  I swear chips and guac or queso were as much a staple for me as water. 

Ohhh!!! Queso!!! With fresh tortilla! Nom, nom, nom! Excellent choices @missjeanie!

@itsfi !! You FYI had me! My thought through readying your whole review centrรฉd around wondering what kind of berries I should get with my groceries! I love that both the berries and the mask were a hit.

Ahhh @missjeanie, thank you!!! I'm glad you get me. I couldn't help but include the FYI. I couldn't let the blackberries feel left out of the review. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ It worked out well that my face and tummy were happy with the blackberry theme! ๐Ÿ˜†  Did you end up getting blackberries or another type of berry at the grocery store? 

@itsfi I went for Raspberries and Strawberries! They were broken into right as soon as I got them home!

Solid choices @missjeanie. I love berries! ๐Ÿ’–

Ohhh those berries look plump and juicy!! @itsfi love your review,, sounds like a nice mask

@lmaster, I love blackberries and it was fun to be able to pair it with a good mask! ๐Ÿ˜

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

H is for hands and hooves - ha! (ooh, another H!)
S is for soft, smooth skin - 3 S's! Yesss!!!
All courtesy of the drugstore, Target in my case
Aveeno.jpeg
Last night, I went to "rest my eyes" for a short period of time and ended up falling asleep for a couple of hours. Ha! This happens all the time; I really should know better. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyhow, I thought it would be a good idea to do hand mask and foot mask while my eyes were resting - I mean, the Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand Mask and the Aveeno Repairing Cica Foot Mask call for 10 minutes, which I planned to wear for up to 30, because wouldn't that make for an optimal amount of time to rest one's eyes?! While my brain thought 30 minutes might be good, my body felt that a couple of hours would be better. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ When I woke up, I felt pretty refreshed and more to the point for this thread, my hands and feet felt so soft and nourished.  The soles of my feet looked softer and felt especially moisturized and smooth. Wow! These drugstore treats are a treasure and, at $2.99 per mask, they're a bargain, too (well, as far as masks of these kind go)! Both of these Aveeno masks are definite repurchases for me. Hands (and feet) down, winners!!  Psst..@ather, if you can find these in your neck of the woods, the foot mask is amazing!

Ingredients: from aveeno (dot) com
Spoiler
Hand Mask:
Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Ispropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Benzyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Steareth-20, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract

Foot Mask:
Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Benzyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Steareth-20, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract

@itsfi I did the same thing this morning.  My boss who had my keys texted to say he'd be a half hour late to work... I laid down just to rest my eyes after getting ready... I was later than him lol.  Glad to hear you got some rest and multi tasked with soft hands and feet!

@missjeanie, resting oneโ€™s eyes sure takes longer than I plan. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Or maybe weโ€™re not so good at knowing how much rest we need. Iโ€™m glad you were able to sleep in a little. ๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ› Iโ€™m always reminded how much I love foot masks after I use one. Need to get back to a routine with โ€˜em.

@itsfi You inspired a foot mask for me tonight.  I figured if I fell asleep in a moisturizing one it would be okay!  

Excited to hear about your foot mask @missjeanie! I would be on board with leaving on  a moisturizing foot mask overnight! 

I used a Dr. Jart Smoothing Foot Mask @itsfi , I tried to keep it on all night but after about three hours I peeled them off, I'm not used to sleeping with anything on my feet and I just couldn't do it lol

Makes sense @missjeanie! If I have socks on when I go to bed, they typically come off sometime in the middle of the night - some nights I actually wake up and take them off and others they end up coming off. Three hours is a good amount of time! 

After seeing this I went to my drugstore to buy, hah. I l...

After seeing this I went to my drugstore to buy, hah. I love foot masks and haven't tried the Aveeno ones yet. I plan to try this out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg