Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

That is one scent I always hope for when it's in the ingredients - honey! Sounds wonderful @Shosh85!

@ShortErica  Me too! It's definitely one of my most favorite scents! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ohhhh honey!! @Shosh85 sounds absolutely perfect

@lmaster  If only it were biocellulose, then it'd be absolute perfection!

Bahahah @Shosh85 how did I miss Farmskin for F masks?? I think I still have a honey one, I'm gonna try to save it till the end of my Farmskins to enjoy it the most at the end. 

@missjeanie  Haha! It took me a second to remember why I put it in the pile for this weeks theme ๐Ÿ˜‚ Hope you end up liking it!

@Shosh85, loving your F themes on this one! โ™ฅ๏ธ The combo of honey and Farmskin are an excellent pairing! Soft, smooth, hydrated, glowy skin definitely make this a repurchase! ๐Ÿฏ 

@itsfi  I can't resist a combo of milky serum and a honey scent! I'd definitely like to buy a 10-pack of this one! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฏ

100% agree @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Says a lot if a mask is not only a repurchase but one youโ€™d pick up in a pack of 10. 

A milky, honey serum @Shosh85 ... this is going on my to do list right away! Thank you for the heads up, itโ€™s a set I need to try.

@eshoe  Yup, milky serum, honey scent and great results! Definitely something I need backups of! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This sounds like such a nice one, @Shosh85!

@quspork It really is nice! So perfect for dry skin ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Besame Cosmetics Skin Care - I'm outside the challenge but I wanted to share my sample trying! 

Spoiler
Besame has 4 new skin care products. I got 2 uses out of each so I tried everything twice. 

Scent wise, all 4 products has the same scent. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it except to say it's how I would expect vintage lotion products to smell. Like a lotion-y scent with a little something. It was a calming scent that dissipated either way. 

1. Cold Cream: This was a medium thick lotion texture that smoothed over my skin nicely and easily removed makeup including mascara. It was very gentle and did not cause stinging and after my skin felt very smooth. Full priced is $36. I think that's a fair price for what I would consider a more upscale ponds products. I have a few cleansing balms to finish but I can totally see using this instead when I am ready for a repurchase. 

2. Day Cream:  A+ for hydration, F for absorption. This was a medium thick lotion that easily applied. In terms of hydration and moisture this does an amazing job. My skin felt super hydrated and plumped, I was really impressed. However, it actually takes about 1 hour to absorb. My face was still tacky for almost a full hour after applying. I actually really like this, and I think it's fine for my life right now, but assuming we go back to normal eventually this wouldn't be a practical product for me to use on days where I was getting ready for work. 

3. Night Cream:  Nice but nothing special. Like the day cream, it's a medium thick consistency that applies easily. I actually found it absorbs faster than the day cream but I did not find it quite as hydrating. My skin still felt hydrated the next morning after use. If it had a lower price tag, I think i'd be easier on it. But at $83, when I compare it to DE prontini and lala retro, I just don't think it's as good. 

4. Vanishing Cream: this makes me think of that episode of Rugrats haha. This is a very interesting product. It is a lighter consistency that takes a bit of effort to rub. It really has a cream to powder texture leaving my face feeling soft and mattified. I totally think it lives up to it's claims. Like most priming moisturizers, this isn't enough hydration for someone like me with dry skin; I would need to layer a moisturizer or serum under, When I compare this to other moisturizing primers I've used, like the Glossier one, I would say this is clearly superior. 

Overall, I do think once I was wearing makeup again on a more regular basis I could see buying the Vanishing Cream and Cold Cream. I would  not buy the night cream as I just don't think it gave enough for the price tag. I'm torn on the day cream; it's un-useable for me as a day cream but I could actually see using it at night. I can't wait to hear other people's thoughts!

@Ispend2much6 @lmaster @missjeanie 

Kim888_1-1605539406004.jpeg

Nice you were able to get two uses from a sample @Kim888! It's always great to get more than one use to determine your feelings on them. Thanks for the details!

Thanks so much for the reviews @Kim888! I think youโ€™re on theme - if weโ€™re going with last week, then T for testers, which is what samples are, right?! ๐Ÿ˜‰ If weโ€™re looking at this weekโ€™s themes, F is for first impressions! 

Interesting @Kim888 thanks for including this! Maybe outside the challenge but so within our interests.

@Kim888 Thanks for the reviews! What is the vanishing cream supposed to do? Also how did you use the lotion to remove mascara?

@Samtian @The vanishing cream says itโ€™s a moisturizing primer thats supposed to give skins. Mattifying look and apparently help with fine lines over time. I feel like thatโ€™s a big ask haha

@Kim888 Yeah it is, but sounds nice!

@Kim888  Thanks for the tag and info!  My samples just came today so I'm especially glad to see this.  I'll take it easy with the day cream. ๐Ÿ™‚

testing