Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a 💰mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

GLAM AND GLOW MASKS (L&O)

20200917_232634~2.jpg

Thought a gold foil mask was pretty on theme for GLAM.

Fit:

Spoiler
20200917_232826~2.jpg

Pooooooor. Surprisingly short forehead. Waaay to long in the chin. Didn't adhere well and kept shifting as I laid down. Blah. Was a bit itchy.

Serum:

Spoiler
Not really present. Watery and thin, not a ton on the mask or in packet.

Claims:

Spoiler
Hydrating. Which is mild at best. I put on my Kate Somerville Retinol Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL before, and my skin felt extra smooth after, so I feel like the foil but worked well to really seal in that serum.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Nothing standout. A lot of perfume mid way through which was definitely obvious, unfortunately.
20200917_232654~3.jpg

Sorry for the terrible photo, taking a picture of this packaging was hard.

Wear Time:

Spoiler
15 minutes, I left on closer to 20-25. It was drying a bit toward the edges, but I wrung some serum onto my neck and arms.

Overall Grade:

Spoiler
C-/D. It wasn't a good mask at all.

Bonus mask: Oh, isn't that cute, it's a polar bear (Ours!! 🐻🧸🐻🧸, en français)

20200915_233622.jpg

Spoiler
Thats it. Its a cute mask that doesn't irritate. I've used a few varieties of these Masque Bar masks, and aside from wanting to try a few for cuteness, I think these are great for like a slumber party for the like my nerves *neices* or something (f-ing autocorrect).
20200915_233757~2.jpg

@haleyvvvv  I wasn't a big fan of the Sephora mask either, but I haven't really liked any of the masks from this line. Glad the cute bear could make up for it! I agree, these masks are definitely perfect for parties or party favors! 😃

Yeah, @Shosh85, both of these were a bit disappointing, but thats okay, they didn't outright cause any negative side effects. I tried the silver SC mask too and it also wasn't good.

Seems like no gold stars for the Golden mask. Sorry it was so bad @haleyvvvv. You make a cute bear and I'm sure your nieces would be too!

Thank you, @ShortErica!! 

@haleyvvvv Awe cuteness!

Thank you, @Samtian!! 

Yeah, those SC foils just aren't great, unfortunately, @haleyvvvv. My experience with them was very similar to yours. 

Seems like a pretty common reaction, unfortunately, @quspork. I hope they'll think about a reformulation going forward. I also tried the silver one and it wasn't good.

@haleyvvvv I have to agree with you on the SC foil masks, they are pretty, but pretty mediocre unfortunately,, super cute animal mask!!

Yeah, it was disappointing, @lmaster. I think id tried the silver one too and it was similarly bad. Maybe they'll reformat a "clean" version that works better. Thank you!!

Agree @haleyvvvv, the Masque Bar Animalz masks have a fun quotient to them based on their design. You make an adorable polar bear! 

Thank you, @itsfi!! Yes, they are just too darned cute., its honestly a bit of a shame that they don't work better.

Playing a bit of catch up

Rainbow Week

Spoiler
Although the The Creme Shop Rainbow mask was so tempting - thanks for sending it my way @sonnydee, I opted for some other colorful varieties that had sooner expiration dates

First up was the Hello Kitty Problem Solver mask - not as colorful as my next Hello Kitty choice but wow did this one win me over. A big thank you to @emaisgr8 for sharing with me!
20200831_114549.jpg20200831_114555.jpg
Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200831_114839.jpg
The mask had a good fit except eyes and nose - I prefer less gap by the nose and the philtrum area was thin. It had a nice material. To me it smelled like bath and body works products, somewhat fruity but clean. I wore it for 25 minutes. It had no tack. The results were quite nice especially since during the past few weeks I've had some blemish issues. My skin looked revitalized and the redness seemed lessened. I'd give this one an A. Not sure if I found the perfect "just what the doctor ordered" mask for my skin's current needs but I definitely will try it again when I'm off the no buy. Fingers crossed there will be some at TJ/Marshalls.
The next Hello Kitty for rainbow week was taken from a Masks on the Move box
20200902_140248.jpg20200902_140254.jpg
Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200902_141308.jpg
Although it had a similar fit as other Hello Kitty, the likeness stopped there. I guess I did wear it 25 minutes too. I didn't notice the red shimmer/glitter on mask at first but this wasn't a pleasant surprise. After removing the mask, the glitter remained on my skin. The philtrum area felt somewhat irritated when putting moisturizer on top - was I rubbing in glitter? In good news, it felt fine 5 minutes later. I can't deny my skin was bright. Above the lip area reminded me of how "beauty gurus" put highlighter there which was kinda funny. The smell was light, mostly clean with a touch of lemon. I'd give it a B. Glitter on the face is a no go for me.
My final rainbow pick was the BioBelle #Dreamskin mask which I also took out of a Masks on the Move box
20200903_124730.jpg20200903_124737.jpg
Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200903_125920.jpg
It had an enjoyable tencel material. The fit was good but a bit short on my forehead. I had it on for 30 minutes. There was no tack. I'm not sure how cleanses, tones, and moisturizes. My skin looked nice and felt moisturized. Again, not sure how it cleansed, and I washed my face before using the mask so who knows. Other than that claim, it was a good mask for me. I'd say A-.
And I can't forget my other enjoyable rainbow week experience thanks to @lmaster - a rainbow bath bomb! I love a good bath. 🙂
20200904_152225.jpg20200904_152238.jpg

I just couldn't get any Autumn feels with the heat in Florida, hopefully sometime soon. I was wanting to dive into the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL but wasn't in a pumpkin mood. I also have a can of pumpkin just waiting to be turned into bread. So I opted for K and P

Spoiler

@eshoe gifted me a Heimish ph5.5 mask and I've seen some love for it on here

20200908_104308.jpg20200908_104314.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200908_104612.jpg
The mask had a very thin material. It was a bit hard to manage applying even with the cover. It had a good fit but I missed having more material around the nose area. It had no smell on the mask to me, typical mask but in package there was a hint of floral. The instructions said 10-20 minutes; by 15 nose was dry and by 20 so was the chin. I couldn't use on neck but put a little of the extra serum there. The blemish on my nose still felt irritated but otherwise my skin was good. My forehead lines seemed diminished compared to normal (best part). There was a generous amount of extra serum for face and neck on a different day too. I think I have a 2nd one that I'm looking forward to use again. First impression I'll say A-.

The only other thing I used that week was the Patchology Flashpatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels - a treat from @faeriegirl 
20200910_095312.jpg20200910_095314.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200910_095442.jpg
These are medium-thin eye gels. They did not move around but also didn't "stick." The wear time said 5 minutes but I did 20 - I know, I'm such a rebel. 😂 During wear I didn't get a cooling sensation but when I touched them and removed it, the skin underneath was cooler. These helped with lines, still temporary but it's something! My heart still belongs to Skyn Iceland but these are a thumbs up and I'd use again.

@ShortErica  I love what you picked for rainbow week! That BB Dreamskin mask was one of my favorites, though, I'm a big fan of most their originals. 
I really enjoyed that Heimish mask too! Glad you saw some nice results from it! 

P.S - I have never liked the taste of anything pumpkin -- except your bread! That really was so delicious! 😋

Haha @Shosh85 maybe I'll have to get you to try some other pumpkin things

I’ve never made pumpkin bread, @ShortErica - I bet it’s delicious! Zucchini bread is my favorite, but now I’m curious. Time for something new!

@eshoe Pumpkin bread might be my favorite. I wouldn't pass on banana either but if I have to have a favorite. Growing up my mom would also make pumpkin pancakes in the fall.

@ShortErica Its pumpkin season.  I can feel it in the air😀

I'm so jealous @tjffc. My husband said our low will be 70 next week.

I’ve never had those either, @ShortErica! I don’t eat pancakes often, but make them for my daughter. I have always made them with wheat flour, and a couple of weeks ago accidentally grabbed the white flour. She calls them ‘mutant pancakes.’

2 Replies
testing