Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Yes @eshoe! Some things need to be in writing. I remember our IT guy saying you can use OneNote for work and I'm like no, I need the satisfaction of crossing things off a list.

Me too, @ShortErica. Although the checkboxes are ok, there is something about paper and pen that just completes it.โค๏ธ that!

@eshoe  The Hydro Gel mask sounds great! If I remember correctly, it was @sonnydee's mini that compared it to a, "jellyfish butt." ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also remember you saying, "it's like trying to handle a wet fish" ..... haha! ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ 

I liked all 4 of the Icing Sweet Bar masks, but I'd have to say this Hanrabong one was my least favorite and that has a lot to do with the scent. I didn't think the scent was horrible, I was just hoping for more of a refreshing citrusy/orange kind of smell. ๐ŸŠ

Ah the jellyfish โ€˜buttโ€™ I missed that part, @Shosh85 @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Yeah the scent, itโ€™s a little polarizing, like ginseng. If I remember correctly, the pineapple was pretty deliciously scented, which is more universally loved ๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe  Yup, and the melon and watermelon are deliciously scented as well! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿˆ

tenor (4).gif

โ€ƒ@Shosh85 

For the week's Glam & Glow theme

Tuesday AMTuesday AM

Spoiler

Packed with several ingredients renowned for its brightening properties, including apple fruit extract, niacinamide, vitamin C, licorice extract, and lemon and orange peel extract, it's hard to imagine Timeless Beauty Bar Glam and Glow Mask Sheet wouldn't live up to its name. I experienced some minor tingling upon application, likely due to the Vitamin C and citrus peel extracts. It doesn't last long, but folks sensitive to those ingredients should probably pass on this mask. Unlike many other sheet masks, this cotton one is full of essence without being drenched or saturated in it. I left the mask on for the recommended 20 minutes and after removing the mask and pressing in the essence that remains, my skin feels soft and smooth and looks fresh and bright. The inclusion of glycerin, sugarcane extract and aloe leaf juice helps to combat any dryness the skin may experience with the inclusion of all the citrus peel extracts and AHA's in the mask. Overall, the mask is a nice one and would make a good mask in the morning before applying makeup or as a prep before a night out.

Ingredients: (from ipsy (dot) com)

Spoiler
Water, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ethylhexylglycerin, Mica, Citric Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Titanium Dioxide, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Glycyrrhiza, Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice

L is for Lychee

Wednesday PMWednesday PM

Spoiler

I love lychees - so delicious and refreshing. This Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask Lychee is a vegan, eucalyptus-derived fiber sheet mask with a light, but detectable scent that I'd describe as fresh and subtly floral. The scent was pleasant but I was hoping it would smell a little of lychees. I ran out of my lychee black tea so I settled on pairing my lychee masking sesh with the Voluspa Panjore Lychee Candle, a generous gift from the fabulous @ather - thank you, hon! This has a very light, but fresh, slightly fruity, slightly citrusy scent. I pick up the subtlest hint sweetness to it if I really take it in, which I attribute to the lychee or Asian pear notes (or both) in this candle. 

Fit & Adherence:

Fit and adherence were what my face has come to expect from most sheet masks - adherence is good and fit can be made to work with a couple of snips here and there to the length and the corners of the eyes, nose and mouth. Some things to note with this mask is that the eye holes seem wider than most sheet masks, a plus in my mind. Also, the hole for the mouth is actually a slit that can be adjusted for the mouth area as opposed to the traditional oval cut out.

Performance & Results:

Instructions call for 5-minutes of wear, but that seemed far too short of time to fully derive the benefits of (and my money's worth for) a mask that is fairly saturated (but not dripping) in a clear, semi-viscous essence, marketed as being "made of 95 percent natural-origin ingredients" and geared at providing hydration, moisture and glow to the skin. To be fair, my dehydrated-combo skin was really looking forward to the hydration and moisture claimed by the mask and I felt like I would be cheated out of a good experience if I just left it on for 5 minutes. A quick review of the ingredients lists did not suggest that I would experience any irritation and since I did not experience any tingling or other negative feelings during the first 5 minutes I had on the mask, I decided to leave it on for an additional 10 for a total wear time of 15 minutes and I was very pleased with the results. There was a lot of essence remaining on my skin and once fully absorbed, my complexion looked brightened and dewy and my skin looked and felt hydrated and plump. This lychee mask is a definite repurchase in my book; one of the best from the new collection. A definite repurchase and next time, I'm going with my standard 30-minute wear time.

Ingredients (from sephora (dot) com)

Spoiler

Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Glycosyl Trehalose, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Caprylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract

Gotta say that I'm disappointed that added fragrance is in the top 10 ingredients while lychee extract is the second to last ingredient listed.๐Ÿ™ 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Lychee 

VOLUSPA Mini Panjore Lychee Decorative Tin Candle 4.0 oz/ 113 g 

@itsfi I keep seeing the Sephora masks, I just ordered a few to try!  The glam and glow mask seems interesting!

@tjffc, which โ€œflavorsโ€ of the Sephora mask did you order? Thereโ€™s a good variety in the collection, both the original line and the new clean line. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. 

This was one of my top favs from the SC line @itsfi glad you enjoyed it as well

This is a good one @lmaster! Have you tried all the others? What other flavor did you like?

@itsfi the matcha and lychee were by far my favorites, I still have to try the hemp version

@lmaster, twinsies!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธ Those are my two top choices from the new clean masks; ๐Ÿฅฐ  at least so far. I havenโ€™t tried all of them ... yet. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi I wasn't super fond of the watermelon, and pomegranate, I did like the Spirulina and coconut too forgot about those two

@lmaster, very helpful to know. Thank you, hon! ๐Ÿค— I have the spirulina mask and am interested in trying it out. I also picked up both the new versions of the watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ masks - the one from this line and the clean after sun one, to compare with the original version, which I really like. My recollection is that @sonnydee has tried the new clean version of the after sun, but preferred the original. We shall see. ๐Ÿค” 

Yeah I think it's the actual sheet that I prefer better in the old versions @itsfi 

Is that just with the watermelon version or generally for all the Sephora sheet masks @lmaster?

I feel like the ones I didn't like we're mainly the feel and texture of the sheet, I didn't notice such a huge problem with the matcha, lychee and Spirulina sheets

@itsfi  Love the vintage look of the Glam and Glow mask! Sounds like it turned out great! 
Sorry if I missed it, but what did this one smell like? Seeing Apple so high in the ingredients would make me hope for an Apple scent ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค”

Me too @Shosh85! I think the look and style of the packaging dovetails nicely with the "Timeless Beauty" brand name. ๐Ÿ˜ Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot to say something about the scent, especially as I wanted to specifically mention that it did not smell great at all to me. It dissipates quickly which is a blessing, but it has the scent of vitamin C serum. I've heard the smell of a vitamin C serum described as hot dog water and yeah, I think that's not too far off. Eek! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฏโ˜น๏ธ If only it smelled like apples, Shosh! Again, it does fade away, thankful for that.

@itsfi   The thought of hot dog water makes me gag.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคญ

1 Reply
testing