Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Make lesson in person.

Hi everyone I would like to know the differences between the in person beautify makeovers. St the Yorkdale location. They have the make up tutorial and a glam luxury elegant makeover is there a huge difference between. The two in person lessons ?  

I am looking for a beauty technician that can tell me and help me choose the correct colours for my face and steps for make up.  I would assume these in person lessons are strictly makeup only ? 

Re: Make lesson in person.

@maccal2023 I’ve done the 60 minute makeup service (at Yorkdale too) and it’s enough time for a full face but nothing beyond a simple, soft glam look. If you want a full glam look for a special dinner or event, the 90 minute appointment is the one to get. The MUA will take the time to properly shade match you and you can ask for the names and shades of all the products they use. They are great at asking you what you’re into, what colours or shades you prefer, and any photos you want to use as inspiration. You can ask questions along the way and they’ll leave you with tips on how to recreate the look at home. It’s generally a hards off experience though. They do all the makeup application while you sit and enjoy the pampering experience. 

The 75 minute lesson is a recent addition. I don’t know all the details but I assume it’s like the 60 minute makeup service but more hands on with the extra time devoted to letting you try out the techniques as you go along. Best thing to do is give them a call. 

Also, if you’re just after shade matching and tips, you can ask any beauty advisor for help. You can get shade matched without booking a service. If they can’t help you directly, they’ll call someone over who can. You can even request samples to try out at home. I would definitely recommend this so you can get a feel for the formula and make sure you’re happy with the shade matching under your own lighting conditions. 

Re: Make lesson in person.

Thank you 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing