Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Is The Ordinary any good?

Hi! I've seen a lot of good reviews about The Ordinary on tiktok and whatnot, but I have absolutely no idea what to order. I got a kidney transplant recently and anesthesia causes hairline/scalp acne, along with some strong forehead acne that doesn't want to go away lol. Other than that, my skin is pretty normal. It's dull, but neither oily or dry. I do use Pix! glow tonic, along with Lush Celestial moisturizer. Any recommendations? Just something to add in, add some life to my skin and maybe help with acne? What are your favs and why?? Thank you!!

Re: Is The Ordinary any good?

I love this brand - great price for quality products!  Check out their site for more detailed info and what you can and can't mix together!  It's part of my daily routine. 

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

For acne, definitely use Salicylic acid: The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

For dullness, I'd use one of their Vitamin C serums. There are many options to choose from but I'd probably choose The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% 1 oz/ 30 mL since it's a serum that can be easily absorbed into the skin and is in the middle in terms of Vitamin C concentration. You can head to DECIEM's website and go on their FAQ to see a side by side comparison on all the Vitamin C products to see what's best for you!

One of my holy grail products is The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's really good for lowering oil, making your pores look smaller, and smooths out my skin. It's also really good at preventing and getting rid of acne. 

Hope this helps!

@juwah @I love The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLat night because I wake up to hydrated skin The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLhelps with my darkness and puffiness around my eyes 

thank you both so much!!!! I will definitely be spending some money on these lol

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing