cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Origins Mask Image.jpg

UPDATE: we have a winner! Dragon Fruit got the most votes of the two masks. Thank you to those of you who voted and helped Origins make this decision!

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give the Beauty Insider Community an exciting sneak peek at brand new, unreleased products from Origins.  Origins has created two masks, Dragon Fruit and Ginger Kombucha, and we want to get your feedback on both. Here are details about each mask:

1. Working name: Dragon Fruit

• Texture: gel cream
  • Key benefits: brightens and hydrates
  • Key ingredients: dragon fruit, vitamin C, walnut shell exfoliators
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Massage into skin while still creamy. Rinse Off.

2.  Working name: Ginger Kombucha

• Texture: creamy clay
  • Key benefits: detoxifies & conditions
  • Key ingredients: fermented kombucha black tea, ginger root
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Rise off while mask is still creamy. 

Once you learn more about each mask we want to hear your opinions. Origins will be asking you to vote on their Instagram (@Origins) during their 3-day voting period from April 8 - April 10. 

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

@scott1201 enjoy!

Aw, I love that you have a curious George (the cat), @scott1201!

How do you make Origins test masks even better?  Adorable kitties!  Too cute @scott1201

This was a wonderful surprise to come home to this evening! I can hardly wait to try one tonite!

@kalex thank you for testing these out for us! Let us know what you think 🙂

Thanks @SephoraBIC for this gratis. I am so excited to try this out. I couldn't figure out what I ordered that could be from "vivabox solutions" but had a strong feeling it was sephora related 🙂 I can't wait to test them out when they come tomorrow!!!

@misscg thank you for testing out the products for us at Origins! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on each mask.

I am really excited to get my mask set on Friday, I saw the tracking info in my UPS account this morning. What a nice surprise!! ❤️

Thank you @Originsbeauty and Sephora!! Looking forward to testing the masks. ❤️

@angel7594 did it arrive yet?! Hope you enjoy both masks!

@Originsbeauty, I am supposed to receive it from UPS today, cannot wait to try them! ❤️

Yayy!!! Congrats @angel7594 Heart !

OMG! I was so excited and surprised to receive this in the mail today! I can't wait to try them! And give my feedback! 😍 Thank you so much Sephora and Origins!

@Lazybeautybeast nice!! Can't wait for you to try them out and let us know alllll of your thoughts.

Congrats @Lazybeautybeast! Will be so much fun to compare notes 🙂

@Lazybeautybeast Oooh they're not even done with the packaging yet, that's cool! 👩‍🔬🕵️‍♀️🤫

Congrats to you, @Lazybeautybeast! I look forward to seeing how they work out for you! 

RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Thank you so much again to Sephora and Origins for including me in this gratis! I did have the opportunity to try out one of the masks last night and wanted to come on and share my first impressions.

I tried the Project Ginger Kombucha because my skin has been in need of a detox lately. Normally I’d be more drawn to the Project Dragon Fruit based on the description but I’m glad I started with the Ginger Kombucha! I put the tube next to my Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation just so you guys would have a better idea of how much product is included. I think I can probably get another 6 uses from this sample tube! Thank you Origins for that. It will really give us the opportunity to see benefits with multiple uses.

The mask itself has a very creamy lotion consistency. It feels so nice on the skin! It is cooling but not tingly. The scent is nice and understated, not overly fragrant at all. I did find it hard to put an even layer on the skin and employed the help of a brush which still didn’t do much to help. It is pretty streaky, but that doesn’t really bother me. It’s not like I’m wearing this out and about anyway 💁🏻 I left it on for about 12 minutes because I got distracted. The instructions say 10 minutes. This was a different clay mask for me because I am used to that tight feeling once the clay dries and that is not the case at all with this mask! It stayed so nice and comfortable on the skin, I don’t even think it fully dried down. It washed off very nice and easy as well.

Once the mask was washed off I was in total shock of how clean and smooth my skin felt! It was heavenly really. It felt so healthy and plump, not dried out like I experience with other clay masks. I am so impressed from just the first use! I have a lot of natural redness in my skin and when I woke up this morning my skin looked less red and still so smooth and balanced. If that’s what I got from my very first use I can not wait to see how I feel after I finish this tube!

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

@Mcakes what a great review, so descriptive! Let us know how it goes with more use 🙂

@Mcakes I totally agree agree about the surprise that this did not dry down and harden like most clay masks and I was pleasantly surprised to find the my skin still felt super smooth this morning! ❤️ 

Isn't that crazy @Tamara76?! I am so impressed by this mask. Mainly because I have preconceived notions of what clay masks are "supposed" to do and this one broke that mold in the most incredible way. I think I'm in love Heart

That was a very helpful review, @Mcakes!

testing