cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Origins Mask Image.jpg

UPDATE: we have a winner! Dragon Fruit got the most votes of the two masks. Thank you to those of you who voted and helped Origins make this decision!

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give the Beauty Insider Community an exciting sneak peek at brand new, unreleased products from Origins.  Origins has created two masks, Dragon Fruit and Ginger Kombucha, and we want to get your feedback on both. Here are details about each mask:

1. Working name: Dragon Fruit

• Texture: gel cream
  • Key benefits: brightens and hydrates
  • Key ingredients: dragon fruit, vitamin C, walnut shell exfoliators
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Massage into skin while still creamy. Rinse Off.

2.  Working name: Ginger Kombucha

• Texture: creamy clay
  • Key benefits: detoxifies & conditions
  • Key ingredients: fermented kombucha black tea, ginger root
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Rise off while mask is still creamy. 

Once you learn more about each mask we want to hear your opinions. Origins will be asking you to vote on their Instagram (@Origins) during their 3-day voting period from April 8 - April 10. 

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

@lmi82 glad you received them! Can't wait to see your review.

I tried both of these tonight, one mask on its own side of my face.  I have good and bad to report about both.

The Ginger Kobucha has a mild and nice, fresh scent that didn't bother me at all.  The Dragon Fruit's scent was strong enough to make my right eye water.

The sensation of the Ginger Kobucha when applied was okay; it felt a tiny bit tightening, but nothing painful.  The Dragon Fruit burned slightly; for me it was more intense than a cooling sensation, although that was there also.

The after-affects: Ginger Kobucha left my skin a little bit shiny, a little bit smoother, and only temporarily helped the redness on my left cheek.  In a couple of minutes it was back, and seemed to be even intensified, with the flat redness being more of a rash than before.  However, it did seem to make the milia I have near my nose smaller, so that's a really positive aspect.  I think it was just too drying for me.  Dragon Fruit will definitely gave me a pinkish glow; it will definitely brighten your skin.  Ten minutes later it is still there, but I can't say how long it will last.  The milia on this side turned flesh-colored or pink instead of white, so I'm really curious to see how long that lasts, and if it actually effected it.

Interestingly, I do agree with the others who say walnut shells are not an optimal ingredient for skincare, but I don't think the inclusion of this in the Dragon Fruit actually did anything, for good or evil. 🙂  

My teenager who has stubborn acne tried the Ginger Kombucha.  It seemed to calm his skin a teeny bit, but we have other masks that are far more effective.

My skin is dry, sensitive, and "of a certain age."  But I do use skin care products that keep me looking a good ten years younger (not bragging, this is what I've been told many times.)  Well, the skin care and the fake-colored hair. 😉

I'm sorry to say that I personally would be passing on purchasing these.  But I really appreciate being able to try them!

However, if they help milia, I'm all in, at least for "spot masking" purposes.

@Tamara76

Tahnks for the tag, @Ispend2much6!  Fabulous and thorough review!💗

Thank you for your review, @Ispend2much6! I'm excited to hear that Dragon Fruit appears to brighten skin. 

@Ispend2much6 thank you so much for taking the time to test and review these products. And even having your daughter give them a whirl. Appreciate all the honest feedback!

@Originsbeauty  I really do appreciate being able to try these.  Some of my skin issues are due to circumstances that most people don't have to deal with, so I may be one of the toughest cases to try products on.

@Ispend2much6 Thanks for the informative review!! This will help everyone who has sensitive skin!! 😯

@yankeefaithful  I hope it's helpful.  Everyone's skin is so different, it's nearly impossible to tell how something will react until you use it.  My skin is more sensitive than most, it seems.

@SephoraBIC I was so surprised to receive this today - you could've knocked me over!  THANKS so much!  What a pleasant thing to happen on an otherwise ordinary day.  I can't wait to play around with the masks, and to share about it!

Image result for dragon fruit gif

Image result for ginger plant cartoon

@greeneyedgirl107 we're so happy this package BRIGHTENED (ha!) your day. Let us know how your product experience goes!

@greeneyedgirl107  Congrats on the gratis and I look forward to see how you like the masks. It's always nice to try new things, especially when you can compare your experience with the others!! Enjoy masking!!

@greeneyedgirl107 I love your dancing dragon fruit and ginger!

Yay! Thank you @SephoraBIC and @Originsbeauty. I’ve been home sick today, and was pleasantly surprised to find this gift waiting for me on my doorstep when I ventured outside to the world of pollen. (Sidenote: dogs, like kids, don’t recognize sick days.) Really looking forward to relaxing with one of these later tonight - the ginger especially sounds like it will be super refreshing. 

Thanks again for including me in this fun trial!

@Susubee let us know how it goes! We're happy to help you through allergy season with a relaxing moment 🙂

@Susubee  Hope you feel better soon (a facial mask might help with that!) 🙂  It's true what you say about pets and kids.

Guys, I got it too. It is a nice surprise. Thx you so much BIC team ❤️😍😘 F3511B6D-2E24-40F7-9B6E-1D852EA3D848.jpeg

They both smell so good. I will try the dragon fruit tonight. So excited!!!

@blackkitty2014 can't wait to hear what you think!

Yay!  Can't wait to hear what you think, @blackkitty2014! 🙂

What a nice surprise!  Thank you!

Hmm...the Ginger Kombucha one sounds good enough to drink. 😉

I'm looking forward to using these as masks are the most neglected part of my skincare routine.

IMG_2289.JPG

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear your thoughts, @Ispend2much6! 🙂

@Tamara76  Are you suuure?  No one ever asks me that, for some reason. 😉

3 Replies
testing