cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Origins Mask Image.jpg

UPDATE: we have a winner! Dragon Fruit got the most votes of the two masks. Thank you to those of you who voted and helped Origins make this decision!

Sephora and Origins have partnered to give the Beauty Insider Community an exciting sneak peek at brand new, unreleased products from Origins.  Origins has created two masks, Dragon Fruit and Ginger Kombucha, and we want to get your feedback on both. Here are details about each mask:

1. Working name: Dragon Fruit

• Texture: gel cream
  • Key benefits: brightens and hydrates
  • Key ingredients: dragon fruit, vitamin C, walnut shell exfoliators
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Massage into skin while still creamy. Rinse Off.

2.  Working name: Ginger Kombucha

• Texture: creamy clay
  • Key benefits: detoxifies & conditions
  • Key ingredients: fermented kombucha black tea, ginger root
  • Usage: Apply to clean skin. Wait 10 minutes. Rise off while mask is still creamy. 

Once you learn more about each mask we want to hear your opinions. Origins will be asking you to vote on their Instagram (@Origins) during their 3-day voting period from April 8 - April 10. 

Re: Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Hi there Sephora Community!

The Dragon Fruit mask is AVAILABLE starting June 1st...so tomorrow is the big day! Please feel free to continue to share your experience with the product. And once again, we thank you all so much for testing the mask and being a part of the community.

Cheers,

Origins 

Thank you so much for the fun opportunity to try out both of these masks @Originsbeauty! I loved them both, I hope that you will release Ginger Kombucha in the future as well 😉 

Thank you again @Originsbeauty for letting us test these masks out! It was really fun!

@Originsbeauty WAIT!! What about ginger kombucha?! I’m almost out of my second tube! (

Yeah... it seems like everyone around here perfered that one! I think I actually said Dragonfruit but I’ve changed my mind about that! Also... how were y’all able to get additional tubes!?!?

I'm not sure @alexasteph, I just remember receiving two boxes containing the same exact products but with different labels. 

@mermadelove Agreed! This one was my favorite!

@PrettyPaint I’m totally hoarding mine now!

@mermadelove I squeezed out my last tiny bit yesterday! 

i 2nd this question! will the ginger kombucha be available soon @Originsbeauty?

@sparklekai @PrettyPaint maybe they will see us jonesing and release it soon!!!! *crosses fingers*

i'm very excited for these to be available for purchase and thankful for the opportunity to test them @Originsbeauty!

i feel like both of these masks were exactly what i needed for my skin and having both of them has made a world of difference to my skin.  i love that the ginger kombucha mask doesn't dry down completely and doesn't strip my skin.  my skin felt clean but wasn't sensitive or dry. the dragon fruit mask made my skin feel hydrated & i feel like this is going to b a fall/winter staple for me!

@Originsbeauty thanks for this fun opportunity! I think I can speak on the behalf of the Community in saying we loved testing these masks and would love to test some newness again! 😄 

Definitely @KatieBT @Originsbeauty! If you ever decide on another round of test product duels I volunteer! 😄 

Thanks @SephoraBIC and @Originsbeauty for sending me these samples to try out!  Apologies for the late review.  I initially did try them by using half on one side and the other on the other half.  I really liked the smell of the dragon fruit one but didn't care much for the walnut shells (was a bit surprised at the size of them, larger than I imagined they'd be).  I didn't rub it in as I have sensitive skin and didn't want to risk getting POD.  The Kombucha Ginger also smelled nice.  This one had a bit of a cooling sensation/minor tingle when on.  Washing them off felt a bit slimy and they both felt like they left some kind of protective layer (dimethicone?).  I had no adverse reactions which was good, my skin did feel soft and slightly brighter afterwards.   This try out was a few weeks ago and I was going to try them again individually but unfortunately hadn't had a chance until tonight.

Since I'm not a fan of the walnut shells I decided to try out the Kombucha Ginger one.  It was easy to layer on, felt very smooth (not like clay at all) and hydrating.  While it was on, it felt cooling/midly tingly and then it was time to wash off.  Again, it felt very slimy washing it off and it did leave some kind of film on my face (it felt as if I'd put some kind of primer).  I wasn't a fan of that, so I decided to do an oil cleanse and wash my face again with soap.  Unfortunately for me, the fact that after I rinse it off it feels like I have some kind of film on my face and I feel the need to wash my face again with an oil to remove that film is a no go for me.  

For me, I prefer a clay mask that feels like it's extracting all the impurities even if it's a little drying and I'm OK following that up with a hydrating mask.  That's what I currently do with the ones I have.

This seems like a great gentle clay mask for someone who may have dry/dehydrated skin. 

Thanks for letting me try these!  I'll keep updating if my views change and/or if there are any other updates.

UPDATE: 

I used the ginger kombucha mask this morning because I needed a serious detox. I had slathered my face with Vaseline and really wanted to make sure my pores/skin were cleared after that. ( I was re mermaidifying my hair and I did not want my face to be teal blue—don’t laugh the first time I died my hair at home I looked like an alien for days!! So this tie ?I put that ‘protective barrier’. EVERYWHERE! The ginger kombucha was phenomenal. It cleared my skin, left a nice layer of protection on it when I rinsed it off, and did not blow out my pores when I used it in the AM, like it did when I used it for the first time at nigh. My skin HATES anything other than toner and face oil at night. Apparently it needs to breathe! I love the results of this mask and I will definitely have it on my loves list for restock when this sample runs out.  I’m looking to give away thedragonfruit if anybody loved it. PM me if you want it!!!!

Like a lot of others I received these masks to try out. It was fun experimenting with them! Thanks so much to @Originsbeauty and @SephoraBIC for sending these out!

I tried them both at the same, then each with a thin layer, then a thick layer. 

My thoughts:

- Both of the masks made my face feel dry, although the Dragonfruit mask was definitely less drying.

- The Ginger Kombucha directions say to “wait 10 minutes and rinse off while still creamy”- for me, a thin layer wouldn’t stay creamy for 10 minutes. A thick layer felt a lot better on my skin and wasn’t as drying as a thin layer. I loved that consistency.

- The Dragonfruit mask left behind a pink residue. After removing the pink film from my face, I did notice it felt soft. (The first time I applied it with my finger and my finger stayed pink for just a tiny bit 😬)

- I like the smell of the Dragonfruit one slightly more than the Ginger one. They are both pretty pleasant though.

- It surprised me that the exfoliating part of the Dragonfruit mask wasn’t too harsh and didn’t irritate my skin.

- The Ginger one was definitely a little too drying for my already dry skin. Just applied a moisturizer right after and my skin was perfect.

- The Ginger mask is great for spot treatments, it seems to help calm redness/blemishes and help them heal faster

-They both feel great when applying. A cool, refreshing and energizing feeling.

- They both made my face feel soft and smooth.

The Ginger Kombucha would probably win my vote. I like how it calms redness and the nice creamy texture. I really liked the Dragonfruit mask, but didn’t like that it left pink behind.

Thanks again for the products! It was a pleasant surprise during the stressful month. I previously posted the review for Dragonfruit Mask and finally tried the Kombucha mask this week and am loving it! Here's the review:

Skin type - combination, a bit dry due to weather

Product/first impression - Ginger Kombucha mask. It is a light yellow creamy mask with an AMAZING ginger scent. I am absolutely in love with the ginger body products from Origins and this have the same scent. There isn't any sensation when the mask was applied, it doesn't dry completely and was still a bit creamy 10 minutes later when I rinse it off. It rinses off cleanly and leaves my skin feeling comfortable and refreshed (much better than Dragonfruit scrub mask).

Final thoughts: It's a clay mask but is not drying at all, it contains a lot of good plant oil but doesn't feel greasy or heavy on the face and rinses off cleanly. My cheeks were slightly dry/irritated due to weather and my nose is usually a bit oily, but this mask made my whole face feel clean and comfortable. Black tea/kombucha is great for anti-aging and the ginger/citrus oil in the ingredients are great for giving the skin a nice glow, but those are long-term effects and I'll need to use the mask a few more times to make sure. So far I'm loving this Kombucha Ginger mask. It's so difficult to find a clay mask that detoxify/controls oil while hydrates/calms to use in the winter for my irritated/dry combination skin (they are usually either too drying/harsh or don't rinse off cleanly or don't do anything).

This.....might become my holy grail, lol. I look forward to purchasing the Ginger Kombucha when it comes out. I wasn't a fan of the dragonfruit mask tho, I much prefer the rose clay mask instead for exfoliating masks.

Feedback Wanted: Origins Masks

Thank you again for the samples. Sorry I'm a few days late; I had a bad reaction to another product and wanted to make sure it cleared first. Anyway I definitely prefer the Ginger Kombucha mask! I loved the smell! It left my skins feeling amazing and it looked great the next few days. The creamy texture didn't dry out my skin like some other masks and it left it soft and refreshed. I would definitely purchase this product up again. The Dragon Fruit Mask was just ok. It smelled great! I found it a little hard to take off. It also left my skin bright pink for at least an hour left use; not sure if it was a reaction or just rubbing the product off. I did notice some improved clarity the following day but it was as noticable as the Ginger Kombucha mask. I don't think I would buy this one in the future. Thank you again!

Thank you Sephora and Origins for this gratis. I tried Ginger Kombucha mask other night and here are my thoughts on it. 

The texture is creamy and scent is mild which I really like. It goes on very smoothly and feels really good onskin. It stayed creamy through the 10 minutes of application. Rinsed easily without leaving behind any residues. It didn’t dry out my skin which is good but I didn’t feel any visible difference either. It could be I have oily skin to start with ? For me it is more of a feel good mask instead of a treatment mask. 

I haven’t tried Dragon Fruit one yet but I’ll try it soon and will come back to share my thoughts on it.

Edit: Sorry for being late to the poll. My skin was healing from something so I could not risk using a new product earlier.

275 Replies
testing