Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Everything about Scrubs

Let's talk about everything scrubs!  There are so many different kinds of exfoliators out there; body, face, lip, feet & hair. Once I started using scrubs all over, I noticed a big improvement in my skin from head to toe. Regular exfoliation is important to slough off the dead skin cells as they come to the surface. Our skin has a life cycle of approximately 28 days, by the time skin gets to the surface, it needs to be exfoliated. I try to use my scrubs once a week. It's important to note - *do not use body scrubs on your face*. There are different scrubs for different parts of your body for a reason 😉.

Comment below with your favorite scrubs 😍

What is your favorite facial exfoliator?

What is your favorite body scrub?

What is your favorite lip scrub?

Scrub.jpg

Re: Everything about Scrubs

Has anyone tried Dr. Barbara Sturm Enzyme Cleanser 2.6 oz/ 75 g  Curious about this product. I see it's in the rewards bazaar and might give it go.

Good idea, @AMK721! I love a good scrub so it's great to see some of the recommendations being shared. 

For me, I love both the Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract 4.3 oz/ 127 mL and Volition Beauty Turmeric Brightening Polish 4 oz/ 120 ml for my face maybe once every couple of weeks. For my lips, honestly I prefer the plain old Elf lip scrub sticks, cheap and effective. For body, I love Philosophy's body scrubs as well as Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Body Scrub. It can be tough to find good ones that don't make the shower too slippery, but those have worked well for me. As far as scalp, my favorite scrub was discontinued (Kenra Professional) ugh, so I'll definitely be checking out some the recommendations in here. 

@quspork  I bet that Clarins scrub smells incredible - I love citrus scents 😍.  The Christophe Robin hair scrubs are absolutely amazing, highly recommend any of them.

@AMK721 A good face scrub is hard to find.  My fave is philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash ...but one that was made years ago.  They've changed the formula since then and I get bumps on my face when I use the "newer" ones.  I haven't been able to find any others that I like.  (I used to like Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub, but it was discontinued years ago).  I either find scrubs to be too wimpy, or too harsh -- or, too loaded with fragrance/irritants that really do irritate my skin.

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree 100% with you; it is hard to find a decent facial scrub. I have been using chemical exfoliators for quite a while now, but sometimes I just want a good scrub LOL.

@AMK721 Yes - mechanical exfoliation has its place!  I remember when I first started posting regularly on BIC, and some BICers used to really badmouth scrubs of any sorts.  I really felt in the minority.

@AMK721 love this thread!! AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g love Sara Happ has excellent lip scrubs and purlisse has my favorite coffee body scrub, but I also really love Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Body Scrub 7.8 oz/ 220 g 

@AMK721 - I can 3rd the AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g .  I used to use it every morning until I came across the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g .

2nd that @lmaster! Great thread @AMK721! Also 2nd that AmorePacific enzyme powder - my favorite powder form of scrub. 💖

@itsfi @AMK721 I feel it's very gentle and does an excellent job

100% agree @lmaster! It’s my go to morning cleanser in the summer months when I’m really oily and in need of a morning cleanser. 
Will think about my other faves and come back later to post here @AMK721

@lmaster  That AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g  looks amazing - thanks!

Has anyone tried the StriVectin Crepe Control ™ Exfoliating Body Scrub 5 oz/ 147 mL  ? I've heard of the brand although I have not used anything by them before. I kinda like the idea of the scrub being in a tube, but does it get clogged up?

StriVectin Body Scrub.JPG

@AMK721 - I have not tried this scrub, but I have used scrubs from tubes before.  I never had any problems with the tubes getting clogged.  Make sure to close the top completely and not just flip it down.  That will help keep it from clogging (what do you mean "how do you know?" 😉).

What is your favorite facial exfoliator?  Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

What is your favorite body scrub?  I haven't found one I like yet.

What is your favorite lip scrub?  I'm using Bite Beauty Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub 0.7 oz/ 20 g that came in the National Lipstick Day package from Sephora.  It's the only scrub I've used so far.

My favorite scalp exfoliator is Christophe Robin Volume Shampoo Paste with Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts 8.4 oz/ 250 mL although I haven't tried the reformulated version.  I also like Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL .

@AMK721  

What is your favorite facial exfoliator?

Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2.... 

What is your favorite body scrub?

First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g 

What is your favorite lip scrub? 

Bite Beauty Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub 0.7 oz/ 20 g 

Favorite scalp scrub 

Christophe Robin Limited Edition Cleansing Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.33 oz/ 250 mL 

I am a creature of habit; when I find something I like, I stop looking and use that forever lol! My favourite facial scrub is the Dr. Brandt Skincare PoreDermabrasion™ Pore Perfecting Exfoliator 2 oz   I’ve been using it for years. The salicylic acid in it really helps with those pesky sebaceous filiments, and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. The texture of the scrub is very fine, and makes my face feel super smooth after using it. My favourite body scrubber is the Scrubee from Lush. I’m a sucker for that honey toffee scent, and the combo of scrubby almond grounds and smoothing butters soften up even the toughest skin. I love that I don’t even need to use body lotion afterward. As for lips, I just use my Sonicare toothbrush to exfoliate my lips then follow up with a LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Gingersnap 

@Beadshopgirl  Laneige is my favorite lip sleeping mask too. I just bought another one in my last order. I'll have to check out Lush for that body scrub - I'm using up the last bit of the one in my shower.

For my face, I stick to chemical exfoliants, different acids from The Ordinary depending on how strong I want to go.  A combination of age and weather has introduced flakes some mornings, so I splurged on the Amore Pacific enzyme cleanser powder and it really helps.

For body, I used loofahs from my teens on, and now use loofah gloves (the net ones, not actual loofahs, I find the net works better and last forever) with every shower.  I find jarred scrubs very messy, overpriced, and slippery in the shower.

Lip scrubs have never quite worked for me, my lips shed a pretty thick layer of skin every day.  It's easiest for me to just let them be wet for a bit until the dead skin loosens, then rub it off with my finger.

I recently got the Christophe Robin Limited Edition Cleansing Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt 8.33 oz/ 250 mL and I like it, though I haven't yet mastered getting it all the way to my scalp.  It tends to come off on my hair before I can apply it to my scalp.

I am tempted to try dry brushing my body, but I can't quite commit as it sounds pretty painful.  I had a peppermint chocolate foot scrub from Deep Steep that I loved (smelled SO good!), but I lost it in a move.

@AMK721 

REN Clean Skincare Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub 11.2 oz/ 330 mL 

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 114 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • Scrub.jpg
  • StriVectin Body Scrub.JPG
testing