Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.

*Age - 40

Skin type - oily/combination

Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*

01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used

1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love)

2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love)

3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample)

4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing)

5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like)

6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)

I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.

General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.

Re: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I discovered my favorite cleanser when the K-Beauty revolution introduced me to #Erborian ,  a French and Korean collaboration. I have really dry and sensitive skin and their #solid cleansing oil is amazing. It smells amazing, and softens when exposed to the warmth of your skin. I love this company and this product line

#Erborian , #Influenster

s1702299-main-thumb-50.jpg

Seriously I am in looovvee!! If you're interested in the...

Seriously I am in looovvee!! If you're interested in the double cleanse, try out the Belif Cleansing Herb Water. It is wonderful, and in combination with the Erborian Oil Cleanser, it's amazing.

I'm a fan of #Fresh product line #creme ancienne. I love their moisturizer, eye creme and toner. My skin is really dry and sensitive, and this product line saved my skin. It's a bit pricey, and you have to order it from the #Sephora website, because they don't carry it in store, but over time it is really worth the cost!

#Influenster #Fresh #CremeAncienneMy favorite day and night moisturizerMy favorite day and night moisturizermy favorite tonermy favorite toner

I'm in my early thirties and have mostly dry skin, a touch oil on my T zone, and also a bit of rosacea which gives my T zone and cheeks some redness and sensitivity and also some tiny red bump-like pimples, aside from the occasional break-out.

Night:

remove make-up with sephora's magic eraser cloth (the thing really is magic)

wash: clearasil redness solutions cleanser w/ salicylic acid (to deep clean & treat breakouts)

moisturize: clarins santal face treatment oil (face oils are the best thing ever, just ask me why!  this one particularly focuses on redness and it's a miracle worker, just one night and redness is gone by morning)

under eyes: trying mizon snail repair eye cream, unsure about results so far (I have hereditary dark circles though, still haven't found anything that works particularly well)

Morning:

wash: I don't like to wash my face too often bc it's sensitive and if I wash it in the morning it will be red all day, so I just gently exfoliate with a dry washcloth to slough off dead skin cells and redistribute any oils that accumulated during sleep

moisturize: I dab a bit of my usual face oil if any spots feel really dry

Midday: 

blot with Dinoplatz "Too Cool for School" blotting paper (comes with a compact mirror AND a little sponge that the papers stick to so you don't have to use your fingers, which are oily on their own and make regular blotting papers not work as well)

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

I've been using sea breeze lately, and LOVING IT! It's drying so I make sure to moisturize immediately after but in my opinion the amount it's shrank my pores and cleared breakouts I'll deal with a little extra dryness. And it's only 2.50 at Walmart!!

Late 30's, Combo oily, redness/texture on cheeks

PM:  Clinique Take the Day off Balm
        Purity face wash
        Sunday Riley Good Genes
        PTR 3% Retinoid Plus
        Vintner's Daughter Active Botanicals
       First Aid Beauty Sleeping Cream

You should try Clarins Santal face oil, helps with my redness a whole lot!  Also Clearasil Redness Solutions face wash is good and pretty inexpensive.

40 this year. Good Genes & Luna most nights. Cleansing Oi...

40 this year. Good Genes & Luna most nights. Cleansing Oil lover to remove makeup followed by a gentle cleanser. UFO in the AM if my cystic acne is acting up. Love skincare!

9/13/17 current routine

Late 20s, combo oily or dry  (depending on Michigan season) hyperpigmentation and occasional cystic acne as concerns

AM:

-clinique liquid mild face soap cleanser

-drunk elephant vitamin c serum

-tacha water cream

PM:

-clinique makeup removing cleansing balm (amazing)

-dermalogica age smart resurfacing cleanser (amazing)

- drunk elephant tlc framboos night serum

- drunk elephant virgin Marula oil

-shiseido benefience eye cream (works well, but it is too heavy for me for daytime, I only use at night)

RE: Daily Skincare - what are you using?

Morning: Fresh Soy Cleanser Fresh Rose Hydrating Toner Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum Farmacy Honey Drop Moisturizer Night: Fresh Soy Cleanser Fresh Rose Hydrating Toner Drunk Elephant Glycolic Acid (Flamboos) serum Belief Moisture Bomb

First Aid Beauty!!! And Origins ginseng eye cream :)

First Aid Beauty!!! And Origins ginseng eye cream 🙂

I use acne stress control neutrogena as a face wash, an non oil neutrogena moisture  and an acne oitment for the hard to beat zits!

Currently as of 9/9/17

In the Morning:

Cleanse with Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel

Exfoliate with LUSH Ocean Salt

Toner with Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

Moisturizer with LUSH Imperials

Toner Spray with LUSH Eau Roma Water

At Night:

Cleansing Oil with Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

Exfoliate with LUSH Ocean Salt

Face Mask with GlamGlow YouthMud

Toner with Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

Moisturizer with LUSH Gorgeous 

Eye Cream with Tarte Maracuja Eye Treatment 

Night Oil with Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil

C.O. BIGELOW  ROSE SALVE (Moisturizing lip balm overnight)

I am working on refining my routine & finding all of those products that check the boxes for my personal needs: a 5 star rating on Beautypedia & cruelty free. Typically fragrance free as well. The only exception below is the Caudalie exfoliator - I was duped by a store employee & told they don't test on animals. I love the product but I won't be buying it again - I prefer to support brands with a conscience.

Skin Type: Dry-Normal
Current Condition: Normal (despite being in Arizona too boot!)
Biggest woe: BLACKHEADS! Grrrr

Weekly:
- Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator
- Various Sheet Masks
- Pore cleansing strips
- Currently seeking: a facial steamer! I am thinking of splurging on Dr. Dennis Gross 

Daily AM:
- The Ordinary Buffet
- Drunk Elephant C Firma
- Murad City Skin Age Defense SPF50 lotion

Daily PM:
- Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Cleanser
- Currently seeking: a retinoid!
- The Ordinary Buffet
- The Ordinary Azelic Acid Suspension 10%
- Drunk Elephant Lola Whipped Moisturizer

Try products form LUSH if you want natural and vegan products!

Good evening! One of my most hectic days of minefield dod...

Good evening! One of my most hectic days of minefield dodging. I have been exhausted and sleep deprived all week. So tonight's skincare was quick - but still proper and effective. PM skincare - 09/07/17

Re: Good evening! One of my most hectic days of minefield dod...

Sorry to hear about your tough week @greenchilli! This is a good little set of face things. I love those DDG peel pads, and I'm happy to see cooler weather so I can enjoy Aurelia again!

i had a very good stretch with very happy skin, but this week things went a bit sideways. a mix, i think, of bad sleep and not enough water, nor time to just sit down and give my skin some attention as i usually do. my problem area is my nose, and it was a bit clogged and a little flakey. my skin lacked a plumpness, and i got a proper zit for the first time in ages right above my lip. but as of today things are feeling back to normal. this is what i did today.

9/6/17 a.m.

• NUDE perfect cleanse clarifying cleansing oil (almost out, rip 😞 )
  • PTR rose stem cell bio repair gel mask (1 hr)
  • CLINIQUE moisture surge supercharged concentrate serum
  • PTR rose stem cell bio repair precious cream

p.m.

• PIXI x CH double cleanse -- just the balm side (i'm out of the cream side !)
  • NUDE omega jelly cleanser (still holding tight)
  • DR DENNIS GROSS alpha beta peel, regular strength (this is both exfoliator and serum for those unfamiliar)
  • CLARINS blue orchid oil
  • PTR rose stem cell bio repair precious cream

i haven't been wearing eye cream lately. i go through phases.

i notice an instant improvement with the DDG peel pads. i can't use them daily as recommended on the box but use them more like a treatment / as i would a peel mask (no more than once a week).

@jemly I was in a power struggle with my skin over the summer, and the DDG A/B pads really helped clear things up. I also feel they are strong for daily use, but I'm going to keep them in stock for bad skin times!

Your eye cream comment made me smile. I was just the same until this year (36) and now I feel the difference immediately. 

Hi everyone! Hope it has been a relaxing weekend for all....

Hi everyone! Hope it has been a relaxing weekend for all. 08/04/17 - AM skincare Age - 42 Skin - on the straight and narrow

I love Farmacy! i picked up a set with 5 products, loved...

I love Farmacy! i picked up a set with 5 products, loved them all!
2,407 Replies
testing