Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Sephora FFS 2018

A lot of us got an email for the FFS.  What's everyone getting?

I wanted to get the UD back talk palette but it's already OOS.  The night owls always get the worm!

For my first round I got the things I thought would sell out first.  Interesting to note that if anyone was planning on buying the Living Proof shampoo/conditioner from Ulta on Saturday, this living proof set is a better deal.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.02.10 AM.png

PS if you didn't get a code I think you can walk in to a Sephora and ask a greeter if they will hook you up with the discount .they may not but it is worth a try!

UPDATE: A universal barcode has been released for in-store purchases only:

a6kmrt23x1r11.jpg

Re: Sephora FFS 2018

@Lazybeautybeast I have to agree with you that although I haven't tried many products from Korres I haven't really liked any of them very well and for some reason I really WANT to like them so maybe that's why I'm even considering this cleanser.  However, I'm going to take your advice and cross it off my list.  

@bakeamuffin I'm seriously considering the YTTP one, mostly because I recently tried a sample of the gel moisturizer from the brand and I fell in love with it!  It's right up there with the Belif Aqua Bomb for me--I may even like it better!--so I think that's why I'm interested in the cleanser from the line and I'm glad to know that you like it.

@RachFace2921 I think I may order the smaller size of the Ole Henriksen gel cleanser now and if I like it well enough I'll grab another small one (or the big one!) during the VIB sale.  I love the orange-y smell that most of his products have and I'm OK with it if it's a little drying--I'm one of those people that loves that "squeaky clean" feeling and I don't mind using a little extra moisturizer afterward :).

Thanks to all three of you for your awesome advice!  I love being able to count on all of you to give some awesome recommendations and I can't wait to see what fun things you pick up from the sale :).

I'm so excited and happy the Sephora and the BIC mods sent out emails to us. There've been some things, I've been holding in my cart. SHISEIDO - Kajal Ink Artist Shadow, Liner, Brow - Azuki Red and SHISEIDO - Essential Energy Day Cream SPF 20

Been wanting to get a concealer. I tried the NARS Radiant Concealer, loved the finish but the creasing was terrible. I watched Lisa Eldridge's video on undereye concealing, and she recommended the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Away Concealer and CLINIQUE - Airbrush Concealer Illuminates, Perfects   Anyone have any experience w/ either of these? Ideally I'd like something that doesn't need setting.

And just need the new Fenty holiday collection to drop, and I'm all set! 

@gymgirl2 I haven't tried the CT concealer but I have tried the nars .I just got the taste shape tape and I do like it so far . It can crease and crack so this may not be for you. My favorite natural concealer has been the cle de peau but Sephora doesn't carry that or shape tape. The mufe aqua hd concealer is very strong, water proof, and doesn't crack. I think full coverage concealers all have a tendency to crack or crease unless applied correctly. 

@itscarin Cle de Peau is my all time favorite concealer.  I love it so much.  It's so creamy and blends effortlessly.  The only drawback is the price.

@SportyGirly125 My first one lasted me 2-3 years.  I'm on my second tube now.  It lasts forever!

@itscarin Me too!!!  I am on my second tube after having it for 2-3 years.  I like that the new version of it has SPF.  I have to use 2 colors for the perfect shade.

@itscarin- Yeah I figured about the full-coverage, fortunately I'm not looking for a lot of coverage. Probably should've made that clear, woops! I just really liked the finish of the NARS, the coverage was irrelevant. I've heard good things about the BAREMINERALS - BARESKIN® Complete Coverage Serum Concealer and FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Bendy Avocado Concealer but neither of them come in my shade.

I was so excited to receive this! I´ve never participated in the FFS before. I´m most likely gonna pick up the PMG Bronze Ambition and the ND Gold. Maybe one of the new Huda palettes as well. I´m trying to refrain from buying a bunch of CT items since I don´t own anything from her brand and I´m dying to try stuff.

@makeitup305 I have tried a bunch of stuff from Charlotte Tilbury and everything I got so far I love from makeup to skincare.

Her blushers are pretty nice (which Net-a-porter has at awesome price $30 vs $40). I hit pan on her Filmstar palette (both bronzer and highlighter). They are easy every day products @makeitup305

@blackkitty2014 I wanted the Pillow Talk Blusher but I think it's not coming back til Spring, and even then it might be a CT site exclusive. I’m holding out for that one.

@makeitup305 if I could only buy one CT item I'd get the face palette because you get 3 shadows, two blushes, a highlight and a bronzer for $75 .It's a good mix of product .

@itscarin I got the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette Smokey Eye from Beautylish's Lucky Bag last year and it was a great item.

@itscarin I love a good face palette. I’m torn between so many things. I like the look of her Stars in your eyes palette, the Gold Bar palette, and I've heard great things about the Bronze and Glow. Too many products not enough money lol

I received my email about the sale yesterday.  Since it said it may take a few days to receive the code, I hope it will come before the time frame for use is up.😉  Thank you Sephora for your thoughtfulness - I was really surprised to receive this email.

I haven't given to much thought to what I'm going to purchase.  A couple of items that are lurking at the top are Living Proof Restore Dry Scalp Treatment and Verb Ghost Shampoo.  I also need more Cover FX PowerPlay foundation.  We'll see what happens when the time comes.

@itscarin Great idea to start this thread!  I am so grateful that Sephora did this for many BIC contributors.  It is a lovely gesture, and a wonderful surprise!  I can't thank them enough.  Very generous and thoughtful!!!  And the best is that we can share in this together!  So far, this is one my list:

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette

LAURA MERCIER - Eye Art Artist's Palette

and perhaps an ABH brow pencil, a lipstick if I manage to find anything that catches my eye if I go in-store soon, and stocking up on faves like LP Humidity Shield, Klorane Dry Shampoo, etc.

@greeneyedgirl107 did you end up buying the LM Artist Palette?

@makeitup305 No, actually.  I tried it on in-store and agreed with one of the BICers who said it was very subtle for everyday wear.  I still probably would've picked it up, but the purples made my cheeks look very pink (this happens to me sometimes) which I didn't like.  I'm on palette overload right now having bought so many recently, so I held off.  I wouldn't be surprised if I pick it up in the future, though!

I've been trying on so many palettes that my eye area is getting a little raw!  So, now I have to hold off until I heal.  Frustrating!

@greeneyedgirl107 I think you made the right call. If you're into more stand out shades, this one is very muted. I bought it over a year ago and have only used it a few times. I pulled it out after I saw your post and have tried a few looks and it's just not for me. It's too muted for my taste. The word "mature” comes to mind. If you do feel like trying it, send me a DM and I’ll mail it to you. If you feel like picking up something in that color scheme, the Viseart Amethyst palette is a good alternative.

@makeitup305 You are too generous!  I think I'm good for now, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness!  (Were you the one that originally told me it was subdued?  I couldn't for the life of me remember who posted that!) 

I have the Viseart Amethyst on my loves list - but thank for recommending it b/c that lets me know it's something that I might have to pull the trigger on.  I wish my Sephora had it in-store so I could swatch it, though.  Sometimes I feel like it's hard for me to find the right saturation of color b/c I find that things are either too light or too pigmented for my taste/skill level.  What do you think about the intensity of the Viseart?

Image result for hearts gif

@greeneyedgirl107 I think the Viseart is a good middle ground. Moderately pigmented but very buildable. I also like the look of the new Kevyn Aucoin Nude palette and it seems to be getting good reviews.

524 Replies
testing