Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

Great selection of foils @missjeanie You got this! 😄

Curious, what is that cute Aurora one? I can't see it, is it a space bear? 🐻  🌌 

@CynthieLu It is a space bear!  It's a sheet mask from Oozoo that's way past it's expiry date lol.  You fold the ear over and 'pop' some extra serum into the pack.  I have a few more hanging around if this one is still good that'll get used as well.  Hopefully!

That's a cute one! I hope is a good one to 😋 @missjeanie 

Here are my February Foils, or, at least, what I plan/hope to use up this month. 🤞🏼 

February Foils.jpeg

I pulled out 30 foils - some alternates in case my skin is feeling finicky. 😉 Placed them in this bin along with a few other things I’m wanting to get to this month.The plan is to go through 28 of the foils - there are some duplicate products; most are things I’ve used before and may have full sizes on hand, and there are a few new-to-me items. I’ll try to remember to update this post with a rundown of the category of products these foils fall into. 

February Foils 2.jpeg

My basket of sheet masks (and a few other random treats that snuck their way in while I was trying to tidy up). Like the foils bin, I set aside 30 sheet masks - just in case a quick change of plan is needed to address any unplanned skin condition or concerns that come up. There’s a pack of 10 masks as well as a 7-sheet mask daily masking pack. 

Thank you @ather for spearheading this challenge. I try to keep my foils to a small stash but that doesn’t always happen and it’s good to go through what I have. Never know when a new-to-me may become a love and eventually a tried-and-true product. Excited to hear about folks’ progress and how the month goes for everyone! 😊

This is quite a generous group of samples, @itsfi! I wish you well on your little journey this month to work your way through them. Cute set-up, too. 

Love the baskets @itsfi !  I've got everything set in my washroom in a BIC box to try and remind me to use them.  But I need to do a little hunt around the house for some cute baskets!

@missjeanie, I have to put them right in the line of sight or it seems to just slip my mind. 🤣 And, even when they are right in front of me, I can sometimes pass them over. Hahaha!

I love that you keep them in your BIC box - that's fun! 💗

@itsfi  I love your baskets! They look amazing. I like that you picked out 30 to give you some changes. I noticed my skin needed something extra today and I had what I needed on hand but I wish it was in my foil basket. So it’s smart to add extras. It’s nice to have them in your face too so you’re like yes I need to pick from this basket. I have been horrible so far only day 4 but not using masks other than my DDG mask. I need to improve. 

That's great that you're using your DDG so consistently @ather! It's impressive and inspiring. 😍 It's about listening to your skin (or hair or whatever the foils are for) and doing what is best for it. 

We're almost thru 2 weeks of the February Foils and it's been interesting to say the least. One week, I'm very good with the foils - I find when I use the hair foils, I can sometimes get 2 in one day - gotta love the shampoo & conditioner foil sets. But, then, the next week, I'll be better with the sheet masks. Ha! C'est la vie. Speaking of sheet masks, I probably should cull through my basket and see what is on the menu for tonight - a new-to-me mask or a tried-and-true one? Hmmm... decisions, decisions... 🤔

@itsfi  I am off and on with the DDG but mostly good. I do miss once in a while. So does the shampoo count as one and the conditioner another one? I counted them as one but I like this loophole!!! I am like you. I can be good one week and terrible the next but having a “challenge” helps me to be better. If I do it on my own I am not the best. I don’t mind disappointing myself lol. Even if I get through 15 in a month I’m happy!! More is better than none! 

I agree @ather; more is better than none. I count the shampoo packet as 1 foil and the conditioner packet as another foil. Because what if I just use the conditioner because the shampoo has something in it that doesn’t agree with my hair or scalp. I should still get credit for using the foil of the conditioner, yes? Maybe I’ve been counting these foils wrong all along? 😝 Since they can stand alone, I count it as one. If, say, they were the Dr Jart 2-piece sheet mask where the 2 pieces are in 2 separate packs, I’d count that as 1 because they need to go together. Whereas I see shampoo & conditioner as able to go together but they don’t necessarily have to be used in the same hair wash sessions. 

@itsfi  I love this!! I don’t think there’s a way to count wrong. But I think it makes sense. So I’ll count mine as 2 now!! It will make me feel way more accomplished!!! 

That's a great system @itsfi

Very organized and easy to reach 😄

Good look using your foils and masks this month!

Thank you @CynthieLu! I need whatever help I can give myself to stay focused!! 😆 So far, so good! 👍🏼 But we are still just at the beginning of the month. 😉 🤞🏼 

Good idea, @ather. In fact this post just inspired me to check my current stash and grab a foil at random - Fresh's Strawberry Exfoliating Wash. So it looks like I'll be giving that a try tonight! 

@quspork  Oooo I’m so happy I could inspire you!!! I haven’t tried that one yet!! Interested in your thoughts on it!!! 

Thank you for sharing this thread @itsfi 

I'm on to a bit of foils as part of next month's pan project 😋 it feels so good to start using them up instead of it growing out of control over here 😅

This is an excellent idea for a thread @ather I think alot of us might have a collection of these lying around 😘

These are the ones I'm hoping to use up this month, 

MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Lots of foils of past and current loves of my own here, @CynthieLu 💗 I hope you enjoy sampling your way through some fun new skincare!

Ohhhh, I see some samples pf excellent skincare items @CynthieLu! 😍 It’ll be fun to see which ones you end up loving! 

@CynthieLu  Great choices!!!! I agree. I have tried so many ways to use them up or to gift my foils to family and friends but mine have gotten massively out of control. I know @itsfi  only chooses foils she will use or wants to try which I love that idea but I need to get through the thick of mine before I can be more mindful of what I choose!!

I think once you see them starting to get used up, you'll feel more free with your choosing 🙂 😀 Good luck this month! @ather 

Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg
  • 20230228_171043.jpg