Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

oooo may have to join this to work in tandem with my pan project!!

@cianni  Right! I was going to post this mini challenge in the pan it thread but I thought we might have more interest in it’s own! 

@ather i go through foils mostly when i travel, to avoid over-packing (which never works, but the intention is there!!). i am actually traveling more than normal this month so i'll put some aside and take a pic for this thread and see if i make it through them this month!!

my only problem with the foils is that i've accumulated so many for so long that sometimes when i find a product i like..... it's no longer available 😑

@cianni  Ahh yay. I’m with you. I use my foils when I travel which for me hasn’t been often. I know your pain I also find loved within my foils but never get to them till they are discontinued 😭

I challenged myself a few year old to use up my  foils, deluxe samples and GWP. My goal was to end up with less at the end of year then I started(knowing I would get more throughout the year). 

It was fun and I did end the year with less.  I also saw how many times products repeated.  I had a lot of fresh soy cleansers.

It also made me more aware of how much of this stuff I have.  .  I also discovered some great products.

Good luck

I enjoyed watching you tabulate through those samples, @CorgiMommy. It inspired me to start tracking my own, so thank you for that! Funny how you had an excess inventory of the soy cleansers. Those and the Truth Serum seemed to be in abundance for quite awhile 😂

I remember when you did that challenge @CorgiMommy - such a great idea! 😍 Foils and DS are great for travel and trying new products. I try to only pick up ones I know I will use for travel or for products I really want to try. Sometimes easier said than done. 

@CorgiMommy  That’s an awesome challenge!!! Good luck!! 

That's a great goal @CorgiMommy you can do it! 🥳

@ather I actually think that it's kinda fun using foils!  Doing one a day sounds ambitious 😉.

@CookieGirl1  I think @itsfi  and I originally thought about 40 in Feb. 

@ather, great timing! I was wondering on my drive into work whether it was 40 or 50 I was aiming for. 🤔 I know I will try to give daily sheet mask a go next month so that’ll take up a lot of it for me and be my 1 per day. 😊 It’s been a while since I’ve done daily sheet masking so yeah, maybe ambitious is a good word for it. But that’s part of what a challenge is about, yes? 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Yeah, that’s right!! I got this!!! Fist bump to myself 👊🏼 (Maybe my enthusiasm will change a smidge when I have to decide between an extra 20 minutes under the warm covers or getting up to put on a sheet mask on day 12… 😂 but I’m up for it in the meantime - if history repeats itself, my skin will thank me for it.)

@CookieGirl1, most of my foils are of products I like and work for my skin, hair, etc. that I’ve accumulated for travel so going through them shouldn’t be too hard if I adjust my routine just a little to accommodate. Will definitely be nice to work through some samples. 

@itsfi I'm looking forward to seeing your empties!

@CookieGirl1, me too! 😆 It’ll be nice to clear out some samples. I have a lot less than I used to but would not mind at all whittling down what I do have. 

@itsfi  oh I love this!! I might try a daily sheet mask also on top of my 28. I think we were thinking 40 at first but I was thinking I should aim low but shoot high. I didn’t want to make it to difficult that I would give up on day 5 lol. 

I bet your skin would feel amazing if you are able to do a sheet mask a day. Do you have a theme of what masks you’re thinking about or an ingredient that you might stick to? I don’t know if I have enough to do a theme. Mine might be more random. Do you do sheet masks in the morning or at night? I normally do mine at night while I’m in the bath. I normally take a bubble bath every night. 

@ather, that’s a good question. I thought of doing a mask pack but I know myself and having some variety helps, especially because my skin can have its ups and downs still. Yaaay me. 😆 Then I thought about an ingredient theme but again, the issue of what if my skin needs something different. I decided to do a mix - a 7-day multi-mask pack, 10 of another, a couple of one kind, several one offs, etc. It’s probably more reflective of how I currently mask now when it comes to sheet masks. I guess our themes are “what my skin needs” 😊 What better skin care / self care theme is that?! 

Ohhh, your nightly sheet mask routine sounds fabulous! Wonderful for self care!!! I usually use a sheet mask at night, as part of my down time / quiet time and *try* to hit pause on most electronic devices then as well - no work emails or work, leisure reading is fine, etc. Interestingly, if I am doing daily sheet masking in the morning, my default is the opposite of my evening routine - use the same type of sheet mask, usually from a daily mask pack, typically one centered on cica, honey or hyaluronic acid. 

I’m behind on photos and posting so I’ll try to get pics up of my foils and sheet masks soon.

@itsfi  I like that idea. The theme of what our skin needs!! It’s always ever changing. Tomorrow and today is a deep freeze. And Friday says 0. Pretty sure I change my skincare as often as the weather changes. I need to add some sheet masks to my challenge also!! I have some luxe ones I need to try out. 

Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg
  • 20230228_171043.jpg