cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

OCT18_TEASER_COMMUNITY[1].jpg#

Still trying to decide what to dress up as for Halloween? Your October box might be able to help with that, but we don’t want to give too much away right now. Let’s just say it’s filled with some spellbinding beauty.

Your box will arrive the third week of October, but here’s a little spoiler to help you make it through until then:

In your October box you may receive one of these products: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum or Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.

What product do you hope you’ll get this month?

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Radiance SerumUrban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL

Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Screenshot_2018-10-18-15-35-54.png

this was my exact box and I hated it, theres like 2 thing...

this was my exact box and I hated it, theres like 2 things I'll use

It's a $10 box, so I don't complain unless the makeup isn't compatible with my skin tone (ex: all of the bronzers). But this month takes the cake. My email excitedly lets me know that I get the ABH stick - in Banana. My profile definitely says "Deep" skin tone. I can't even contour with banana, that's so light. And the landing page brags that it was chosen for my skin tone! Come on...please try a little harder for your non-white subscribers. 

I completely agree with you. I received two foundations i...

I completely agree with you. I received two foundations in my box. and as a WOC, these colors were not meant for me. I got Banana from ABH and Y415 from Makeup Forever.

Just got my box, and yeah, the banana color? It just feels like these play boxes are definitely not made for black women or more darker skin tone people. I take it its too hard to make three tone boxes, light, medium, dark. That would be better than what Ive been getting and a lot better than to pay $10 and give my samples to my white friends, when I got this for myself.

I feel the same way you do, I also have a deep skin tone and will be receiving Banana. I hate complaining because I have gotten some nice samples, but it feels like blatant disrespect and a little like "gaslighting" when you include a sample that is completely wrong for me then claim it's because I filled out my profile in a way that would make it reasonable for Sephora to send it. I have been disheartened in the past and almost cancelled my subscription, but this is really bad and may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. 

Same here! I got my shade in Bananas as well!

I feel the same way. I checked my shade for that particular Anastasia foundation with the shade finder and it says I should be Almond. A little disappointed to have a shad so far off.

Hi @jasz1lla,

I am sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

I didn’t get either of the products that the hint said I would. Two primers and two foundations one of which is way to light to even use as highlight. All of the products I got this month I’ve gotten in the past. You guys really dropped the ball this month. 

Highly disappointed with this bag . Not because of what was in it , but because of the fact Sephora guaranteed we would have at least one of the two items in my bag and i opened my bag to find neither . I was looking forward . You shouldnt lie to your loyal customers . 

14DC3F10-2443-4D01-ABFF-9A6A031F3F96.png

Box 934

RE: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

I did not like this month, my box play sephora, I got a product repeated from previous months, I would have loved to receive the product of urban decay, lately I feel very disappointed and bored of play sephora, there is not much variety in what they send! !! No me gusto este mes, mi caja play sephora , me llego un producto repetido de meses anteriores, me hubiera encantando recibir el producto de urban decay, ultimamente me siento muy decepcionada y aburrida de play sephora, no hay mucha variedad en lo que envian!!! En cambio estoy muy contenta con mi suscripcion a Boxycharm

OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Alright Sephora. I have yet to receive my box (it seems to be stuck in UPS limbo), but I woke up to an email telling me what I'm getting. Despite the image of the anticipated sneak peeks shown at the beginning of the email, it seems you all decided to crush my spirits with two foundations (one just so happens to be one of the sneak peeks I've read about elsewhere), two primers, a cleanser, and a perfume sample. Now I still hope that it is not really what I received as it supposedly has yet to reach my mailbox, and my actual play page has yet to be updatedwith the sample information. If I actually did get what the message told me, the foundations better match my skin tone.

No to foundation! Who would think that was a good idea! The last few boxes have been a disappointment. I signed up for Macy’s Beauty and what a difference, much better products and bags and customer service is great. 

RE: Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

good morning, I ask you, does Macy's have a program equal to play Sephora? How is the subscription made?

Ugh I'm so disappointed I didn't get the either of the sneak peeks! Two primers and two foundations that are too dark 😒

RE: Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

I got the same. I never complain about repeats but getting two repeats in the SAME bag feels like they are not trying especially when It does not contain a single sneak peak item. Ive been with play for over a year and this box is the first one I was genuinely disappointed with. I’ve received the MUF foundation now three times!!!
Anonymous Insider

I was surprised to find both of the two items in my bag after reading all of the reviews. It sucks that some people weren’t able to get either of the two when it was promised. 04E5A540-3DED-478D-817E-0BD40BB1FF0A.jpeg

Is that 7 items?!  That is a really good box!

I got the same box as you, and I thought it was odd, too,...

I got the same box as you, and I thought it was odd, too, to get both items they sneak peeked, especially seeing as some got neother.
5 Replies
testing