cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

skincare for oily skin

i have really oily skin and i need help with my acne any recommendations 

Re: skincare for oily skin

Here is the list of products that have revolutionized my oily skin and helped with breakouts:

1. Tatcha The Texture Tonic AHA Liquid Exfoliating Treatment 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 
  2. Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 
  3. Either the Tatcha The Silk Serum Wrinkle-Smoothing Retinol Alternative 1 oz / 30 mL or the Glow Recipe Pomegranate Peptide Firming Serum 1.01 oz / 30 mL 
  4. Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 
  5. Sunday Riley 5 Stars Retinol + Niacinamide Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

While Tatcha may be expensive, I have not had any other products work so successfully in calming both my skin and my acne because of my oily nature. That also doesn't mean there aren't dupes out there that you can totally swap in, but I have found this sequence to be a holy Grail. Below are some good substitutes that I would highly consider and also, I would get samples of anything that you're interested in and try it to see if your skin has a bad reaction or not.

Alternative considerations:

If you are just starting out, follow this sequence religiously and also know that improvement will take at LEAST 2 weeks to see.

1. Toner/cleanser
  2. Essence or minimal hydration serum 
  3. Core serum / powerful serum
  4. Moisturizer 
  5. Eye cream
  6. IF eye cream is intense, another moisturizer layer on eye zone. IF skin needs help (raw, barrier problems, or harsh reactions), do a layer of a minimal oil over everything to seal in all other products and help rejuvenate skin.
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing