Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

In honor of the BDL Lucky Bags coming back around, I pulled a bunch of my unused polishes from them. I've got one set of five today in the pink/purple family, and then another set of five for my next mani that's a little more of a mix, more purple plus some green, blue, and grey 💖 Most of these are mystery polishes, and I think all the named ones were limited, but I still wanted to show off some of their range if anyone is curious what might be in a mystery bag. 

Mystery PPU (pinky): they do sell overpours from PPU and HHC, though they slap a mystery label on it (or at least they did on this one...it's the only mystery PPU I've ever ordered, so I can't be sure they do it to all of them). I could probably try and figure out the actual name by scrolling their IG or something, but I haven't yet. In any case, it's a very pretty strawberry red, slightly pink leaning, that I think is supposed to be a linear holo, but the holo isn't super strong. There's also some gold reflective glitter, but the base is so opaque that it doesn't show through much either. Gorgeous color nonetheless, and a super duper easy one coater. 

Rose Friday (ring): this was their LE doorbuster for BF IIRC, and it's a gorgeous rich berry jelly with flakies that shift blue/purple/pink/red. I'm sad the sun isn't bright today, as I think a little better lighting would show this one off a little more clearly, but it's a lovely squishy jelly with really nice depth and dimension. Three coats for opacity, easy though, not fussy.

Mystery 1 (middle, and numbers are mine just for differentiating them in my collection): looks to be exactly the same as Rose Friday, just in a deeper purple base. Same notes as well, really lovely in person, easy three coater.

Mystery 16 (index): bright orchid purple base with contrasting blue shimmer and red reflective glitter. Maybe a little holo too? I see some other colors under flash, so maybe so. Easy two coater, pure summer fun.

Mystery 15 (thumb): soft dusty pink jelly, slightly blue leaning, loaded with aqua/blue/purple/pink shifting flakies and silver reflective glitter. Three coats for opacity, but this was another easy one.

BDL tends to run their polishes on the thick side, so I was mildly surprised none of these needed thinner to make them easier to work with. 💖

IMG_20230406_130551865.jpg

Overcast day

IMG_20230406_132525949_HDR.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20230406_130826422.jpg

Flash

So beautiful @RGbrown! I love them all but your index is specially beautiful! 💜

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! That was my fave of this bunch too, such a happy color 💜

Those are gorgeous @RGbrown ❤️ 🩷

Ahh you pick such good mixes for your skittles. These colours and sparkles are just prefect together 🙂

I was very tempted to try out a mystery bag but maybe I'll bite BF... 🤗

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Their mystery bags are great; whether you get one now or wait, they are totally worth it!

@RGbrown Ooh I love that thumb color!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💖

That's a super-pretty skittle, @RGbrown, and a good way to get through some untrieds. 

@CookieGirl1 

Thank you, and I definitely need to get back on the skittle train instead of just using 2 or 3 at a time. I have way too many backed up over here!

@RGbrown So beautiful! ❤️🩷❤️🩷💖

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! 💖

I love all these colors, @RGbrown ! 💖💖💖  I ordered my bag yesterday.  I listed a couple of product types that I did not want, but anything else was fine--a true mystery! 🔎

@Titian06 

Oh yay, I hope you love it! Their bags are always so much fun, and the ability to customize them a bit really makes a huge difference! I shy away from most mystery offerings, but BDL really goes above and beyond with theirs 💖

I love all these colors @RGbrown. Right up my alley! 💗💜💗💜 

I like that you can indicate color or finish preferences with your Lucky Bag order. They don’t guarantee anything but I’ve found they do a nice job of trying to accommodate those preferences. I’m torn whether to ask for a certain color family or finish or to go for a complete surprise. 

@itsfi 

They do a fantastic job at going along with notes, and I love that about them! My very first one, I wrote a dang novel about what I liked and didn't like lol, and everything was awesome, perfectly matched. After that one though, I was much more laid back, basically "no creams, no browns/nudes/neutrals/gold, I love all things sparkly" and they've also been mostly perfectly matched...I've got one polish I'm sitting on for a bit longer because it's not quite my style, but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised and love it. 

I've got way too many polishes to work through right this second to even consider ordering one right now, but I'll probably do the BF mystery bags again when November rolls around 💖

Ohhh November @RGbrown!!! That’s when it gets crazy with all the sales everywhere!! I’ll be extra good in the summer, to save up for the damage to come! 💸💸💸 😂

Hey there! I've been working through a cold (I've not been sick for over 3 years!) and a loss, and haven't been online much, or doing anything with my nails until this past weekend. My Easter nails didn't pan out the way I hoped 😥 so I ended up going with a simpler look with this spring mani. 💜

4.4.2023 Hello spring!.jpg

LynBDesigns Capicorn, described as "a pale green base with purple shimmer, purple flakies, and green to teal to pink to purple UCC flakes," photographs as more of a pearlescent sheer white base. The pale green hue is visible in real life, but it is pretty faint and shows up more of a tint / undertone to the base. 

Since the green base wasn't as noticeable to my eye, I opted to top off Capricorn with Habit Belladonna, a vibrant royal purple, on the tips, with the help of some stickers. 

I am so sorry for your loss @itsfi 😓. You created a gorgeous mani! 💜

Thank you @Saradestin. 🙂

@itsfi Those are cute! I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Thank you @Samtian. 🤗 

30,816 Replies
testing