Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@RGbrown  Decals could work nicely. 👍 Can't wait to see your next attempts! 

@RGbrown Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I think the colour on your index finger is really pretty and pops!

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! Marcy is absolutely divine

Oh, dear, @RGbrown !  I'm sorry your experiment went so terribly awry!  I think your '#2 option sounds the way to go--painting the swirls on rather than creating the swirls out of the polish already applied.  I know you can do this!  Look at that great marbling technique you did! 🥰

Edit:  Love Zoya Mercy.

@Titian06 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a magnificent comment! New idea triggered...all I have to do is make swirly decals (like I would with marbling)! Bless you! 

@RGbrown - 👍💖

Wow! What an ordeal @RGbrown ! I am sorry that everything went wrong in your testing process ☹️. But at least you have learned some good lessons and I am sure that the next try will result in a mani as beautiful as you expected. Your disappointment really looks like what I am going to feel when I try that beautiful marble technique you used the other day 😅😅😅

@Saradestin 

Awww, thank you! I'm over it now, it's funny in retrospect, but last night was a hot mess all around 🤣

You can do decals! They're way easier than this, I promise! 😁

Hi, all!  Here's the third color I received from @RGbrown .  The absolutely gorgeous Morgan Taylor A Touch of Sass!

At my patio door.

20220901_124338.jpg

Indoor by a lamp.

20220901_130326.jpg

By the patio door is the truer color.  I've never used such a wide brush before.  There's a learning curve.  One hand started out kinda streaky and thin.  By the time I got to the next, it was looking good.  The only real problem is the brush just fits my pinky fingers if I'm careful. 

Thanks again, @RGbrown , I love this color! 💖💖💖

@Titian06  Wow this colour is gorgeous!!! 

Thanks, @ather !  I love it! ❤❤❤

What a sweet gift and a beautiful polish, the red suits you very well @Titian06 lovely nails!

Thanks, @CynthieLu !  I love red nail polish and red lipstick! 💄💋

@Titian06 So pretty and very generous of @RGbrown ❤️

Thanks, @Mellmars1185 !  Yes, it was!  I still can't believe how generous she was! 🙂

Gorgeous color @Titian06 ! I love any red mani and this one is specially beautiful! 😍

Thanks, @Saradestin !  This is a great red! ❤❤❤

@Titian06 

Squee!! It looks gorgeous on you! ❣️ I hear ya on the brush, I have to be extra careful on my pinkies too, but it definitely makes all of my other nails soooooo much easier. If you find yourself continuing to struggle with it, you can also try turning it sideways for a skinnier profile.

Thanks, @RGbrown !  I will definitely have to do that when I do my French mani with the SC.  I picked up the MT Arctic Freeze for the tips.

@Titian06 oh yay! I can't wait to see your results! 💖

Indoor LightingIndoor Lighting
Outdoor lightingOutdoor lighting
Tenoverten Liberty is a dusty green, between a deep mint and light sage in hue. The photo taken indoor more accurately depicts the color IRL; the one in my car is coming up much brighter than how it appears. Some Tenoverten polish can apply streaky for me, the first coat in particular, but this one did not, to my great surprise and joy. Two easy coats.

Less easy to apply was the Jinsoon Fab topper, a thick, clear base filled with multi-sized, multi-colored dots that look like the nail polish version of the fun-getting cupcake dots in the boxed cake mixes - bright, colorful and fun. I’m not sure if the bottle being in the car for far too long - I found it in one of the pockets in the back seat on a recent road trip 😬- but it took a little more effort than usual to get the dots to be evenly distributed on my nails. The thickness of the base also made for a goopy, glompy blob on some of my nails. Nothing that couldn’t be corrected but it wasn’t as quick and easy as I expected. I may try thinning it out the next time I use this topper.
Jinsoon Fab topper + tenoverten LibertyJinsoon Fab topper + tenoverten Liberty

30,836 Replies
testing