Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@itsfi 

That's a gorgeous color, and a simple design with flawless execution is always in style ❤️

Awww, you're too kind @RGbrown💗 For the longest time, the only Deborah Lippmann polishes in my collection was this one and a light neutral color, Naked. That is definitely no longer the case but this red shade still remains one of my favorites from the brand. 

@itsfi That's a really pretty color!

@Samtian, reds like this one get me every time ❣️

@itsfi i wouldn't be able to resist either!

Simple, elegant and gorgeous!!! Really beautiful @itsfi!! That’s a very nice shade of red ❤️

Thank you @Saradestin! I love this shade of red. 😍

@itsfi Beautiful shade. The tips turned out really well with the strip and free hand. 

@Mellmars1185, thank you! This is one of my favorite shades from Deborah Lippmann. ❤️

I decided that valentine's was a good time to play with another set of these valentine's colors I put aside back in December 💕

Stripe-y tips, take two! While I liked that other set I did a while back, I felt like my final look wasn't exactly what I had been going for, so I altered the design a little, and I am loving the end result. This version is cleaner and neater, a little more refined.

The swatch hand first! From thumb to pinky:

Zoya Desi: super bright salmon, hot hot hot color but not Zoya's best performer. Three coater and I still have some thin streaks.

Zoya Sharon: gorgeous bright plum with a hint of pink, easy two coater.

Zoya Allison: deep raspberry pink, easy two coater.

Zoya Darla: bright pink-leaning orchid purple, easy two coater (three coats because I smudged it though, whomp whomp)

Morgan Taylor Tropical Punch: bright medium pink, easy two coater that looked great last night (but this nail has an old green stain on it that seems to be bleeding through now, dang it).

IMG_20230215_130926850.jpg

It's overcast and wet out, so indirect light is it for today

And the artsy hand!

I started with two coats of Londontown Illuminating Nail Concealer and was happy enough with the coverage to stop there. I immensely enjoy the lesson in differences I got on my variously stained nails: the middle one with the remnants of that dark blue stain looks just a tad darker and bluer than the rest, and my index has a faint hot pink stain which shines through pretty significantly. I actually love the pink look to that one, and next time I use this, I'm going to see how it turns out with a thin layer of a hot pink jelly underneath 💕

I topped that off with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some holo sparkle, topped with top coat and let it all dry for a couple of hours before laying down some french tip vinyls and adding the colored stripes. Pulled the vinyls up and carefully added a stripe of Revlon Molten Magic for the silver accent. They aren't *perfect*, but even I'm having a hard time critiquing them, and I am definitely my own worst critic lol. 😍

IMG_20230215_130917270.jpg

Indirect light

IMG_20230215_131220539.jpg

And flash to pop some of that holo goodness

@RGbrown ❤️ I love it all!!

@Samtian 

Thanks so much! 💖

Wow @RGbrown ! I was already amazed at your left hand and then BOOM!!! What an amazing piece or art! Absolutely spectacular!!! 😍😍😍😍 Once again: Perfection! 

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! I had originally planned to swap this out today, but I'm loving it too much to take it off now, so it gets a reprieve for another couple of days 💖

You cannot remove this masterpiece until it chips and you have no other choice, @RGbrown !! Too beautiful!

Oh wow @RGbrown, your artsy hand looks incredible! I love the combination of the Londontown and China Glaze. I've added both of those to my list and am moving them near the top as well - even though I've done and enjoy doing nail art, I do love me some neutral nails. The Londontown + China Glaze combo is that with a beautiful blast of sparkle! How can I not love that?!!! 💖 

I am also loving that swatch hand - the colors together make me think of a bouquet of flowers. Spring vibes all the way and I love it! 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! I have immensely enjoyed the Londontown; I don't use it often because I'm a color junkie, but it's so nice having a neutral option that actually works to help disguise some of my staining so I can do stuff like this when the mood strikes 💖 And Fairy Dust is just an excellent scattered holo topper for that perfect pinch of sparkle over everything

Oooh, I love how those tips turned out @RGbrown .

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! 💖

@RGbrown Both manis are so cool. I like the shades of pinks you chose. They go really well together. Zoya has great pinks 💕

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much! Zoya does some amazing colors 💖

30,836 Replies
testing