Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@caitbird  Wow!! So inspiring!!’ I need to start letting mine grow!! I don’t know what is going on. But this gives me hope! 

@ather  thank you! 🥰 good luck with growing your nails - I hope you are able to grow them as long as you want!

@caitbird 

Wow, such amazing progress! 🤩🤩🤩 Congrats!!!!

@RGbrown  thank you so much! 😊

That is an impressive turnaround, @caitbird ! 🤩

@Titian06  thank you! 💜

Ahhh @caitbird, you're amazing! Look at your nails! Your then and now photos are so impressive. #inspired, right @ather?!  catibird, if this what you can do in 3 months without knowing what you are doing, wow, wow, WOW! 😍 Your right hand will get there. Very happy for you! 

@itsfi  Wow! Very inspiring!! We’ve got this!! 

@itsfi  thank you so much! 🥰 seeing yours and everyone's cute mani posts in this thread definitely helped motivate me to keep taking care of my nails so I could join the fun in the future!

Super excited to have you join us @caitbird! The more, the merrier! 😊 

@itsfi  Thanks for the tag! My left hand is better than my right hand boy not exactly where I want them to be. Looking at the last year of my manicures I was seeing how long my nail had gotten and crazy they are so short now. I need to figure out what I had done back then! I have been good at using cuticle oil every night. 

Hmmm, same with me about the hands @ather. My right hand is my dominant hand so that may have something to do with it. My left hand has seen (knock on wood) marked improvement, even over just this past couple of weeks. 

@itsfi  I was thinking the same. Maybe I am more rough on my right hand and because I am polishing it with my left it might not be as good as when I am polishing with my right hand. I will say I notice my polish lasts longer on my left hand for sure! 

@ather, that makes sense. Nail art on my left hand always turns out better than my right both because my nails look better on that hand and the nail art is done with my right hand which is usually the more steady and strong one when I’m using a nail art tool. 

@itsfi  Do you find when you are using stickers or when you use dried flowers they turn out better on your left hand too?

Both those I have a rough time with on either hand but the left hand is better @ather, both in terms of application and appearance. I use tweezers to place both stickers and dried flowers on my nails and I have more control with placement when I’m holding the tweezers in my right (dominant) hand and placing them onto the nails on my left hand. 

These press ons are so cute, @itsfi !  You did a lovely job and I appreciate your tips.  I have a set that I haven't worked up the courage to try yet! 😄

@Titian06, I completely understand that. I kept going back and forth with "should I or shouldn't I"? Thought about giving this to one of the neighbors or a coworker but decided to just go for it. Actually, what I did was apply it to my pinky nail and just my pinky nail for the weekend and since that worked out well, I decided to go all in. Yes, it's a little strange just having the pinky nail with a press-on but it made me a little more comfortable with it - I painted my other nails black so it looked like the pinky was just an accent nail.

Oooo, I like that idea, @itsfi !  I still have blue nail polish I could coordinate with one as an accent nail (they're white with blue).  I even have a porcelain stamping plate that would add to the whole look. 😁  You're so creative!  Thanks! 😘

Ohhhh @Titian06, how gorgeous does that mani set sound?!!! 😍 I want you to be comfortable with using the press-ons so I don't want to pressure you, but wow, I am just imagining that mani - it would be marvelous! 💅 And, it would incorporate different nail looks all in one mani! The blue & white color palette would be so pretty! 

Those are cute, @itsfi!  I've never tried pressons; I've always been worried that they'd make my natural nails weaker but I think that they look like a lot of fun 😊.

30,816 Replies
testing