Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much!

These are so pretty, especially with the ILNP Wonderland! There's also a certain serenity about your sea glass mani @RGbrown. 💖 Jellies are hit and miss for me, but you are making a case for them, and a matte top coat, with these beauties! Love the tip about glossy before matte - making a mental note! 

@itsfi 

Thanks so much!

I ignored jellies for the longest time, but have gone crazy for them over the last year or so 💖 I've got a small stair step style polish rack on my work table holding a few so I can have them handy, but it's full and I am debating upgrading it to something like this so I can have them all together. Not really even sure why, as I mostly make myself use new polishes instead of revisiting older ones, but dang, I like seeing them out while I'm doing my nails 😂

amazon polish rack.png

That spinning stand looks like it would be fabulous to have on a work table @RGbrown. You can keep your mani essentials along with a collection of polishes to work with. I get what you mean about seeing your polishes when doing your nails. It is really nice to see them in front of you. 😍 Well…if you do get one of these spinning stands, it would be fun to see your mani work station set up with it. 

Hello fabulous! These are beautiful and you defintley caught the sea glass vibe 🍾🏝 @RGbrown 

🙏 Thank you for explaining your whole process. I'm always in to reading those details and they are super appreciated! 💚

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! And I'm always happy to help!

This mani is absolutely gorgeous, @RGbrown !  I love how it turned out.  The Orly colors fit in nicely the way you did them.  Thanks for including how you achieved this look.  I might give it a try at some point.  Do you have a particular matte top coat that you like?

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! It's super easy to do and a nice change of pace from the usual glossy finish

Matte topcoats...I use them so rarely that I'm not sure I can really say I have a fave. I've got a mini Butter I got in a set probably 5-6 years ago, and a full size OPI that I've had so long that I genuinely have no idea where I got it...did someone give it to me? Did it come in a set? Did I really buy it specifically? No one knows lol. In any case, I can't tell any difference between them, and generally just reach for the OPI because it's not in an obnoxiously tiny bottle 😂

The key with mattes that I didn't think to put in my post is to shake it good right before you use it (even if it doesn't look separated). Whatever it is in the formula that makes it not shiny can settle out, leaving you with a bit of a shiny finish.

Gorgeous mani @RGbrown! These definitely have a sea glass vibe! That topper was a nice touch. It really adds to the glass theme. 

@JoSometimes 

Thanks so much! I don't do matte very often, but it's such a fun look every now and again

That’s so much thought and work @RGbrown ! 😵 And the results pay off! Gorgeous!! Definitely, the ILNP topper was a great choice. How beautiful those flakes look!!!! 😍😍😍 And thank you for the explanation about the top coats (glossy and matte) 

BTW, talking about top coats, which is your favorite? I am sure you have said it a thousand times but my mind cannot keep up 😅

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much!

I am a die hard Glisten & Glow fan...I've been using it for years now and rarely feel the urge to stray; it dries super quick, super shiny, and has next to no shrink (I do notice a little at my tips with jelly polishes sometimes if I'm not super careful with how I wrap the tip, but it's usually minimal). 

Contrary to my "I rarely stray" comment, I'm currently using KBshimmer Clearly On Top, it's nearly identical to G&G (IIRC there's only one difference in ingredients), and it's good too, but G&G will always have my heart ❤️

Thank you so much @RGbrown !!! I really value your opinion because it is always tried and true.

@RGbrown always with the fun assortment of colors! Love it! ❤️ 

@jaaayp 

Thanks so much! I am definitely a fan of color...nude/soft/neutral manis just aren't my thing 🌈

@RGbrown it's your personality shining and they look good on you!! 🥰

IMG_2814.jpeg

This is more for the Canadians in this group because Quo is the house brand of Shoppers Drugmart and I don’t think it’s sold elsewhere. The pride collection is out and looks like a lot of fun! In person, they’re definitely not pastel but not quite neon either. They’re a quick drying formula and going against the grain with 8 colours instead of 6!

I might actually get the orange shade. I have colours that are similar to those already. I’d probably end up using it for art anyway, so quick drying might not be a bad idea. 

And my thoughts go out to anyone who is a part of or allied with the LGBTQ+ community south of the border. I’m sorry y’all are going through some tough times right now. 🌈

@JoSometimes Beautiful shades and display! 🌈

I agree @Mellmars1185! I bought the orange one. 

I love the variety of colors in the collection @JoSometimes! The orange shade is pretty; makes me think of orange sherbet and that's never a bad thing! 

Orange sherbet sounds great right about now @itsfi. It’s past midnight but if I had some, I’d be having a midnight snack. 🍨🍊

testing