Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you so much @CookieGirl1 ! 🤗 They are really pretty!!

The pattern and the colors you chose are simply stunning @Saradestin! It makes me think of a beautiful silk scarf. 

Thank you so much @itsfi !!! 😃 I thought that the yellow was going to pop more but as the base has a golden shift, it melts with it.

@Saradestin, when I read it as Zoya Daisy, my initial thought was that it would be a brighter yellow against the base, but I like the look of how it melts into it. 

I have never tried nor heard of stamping @Saradestin ! Apparently I live under a rock 🪨🤣

I was under a rock as well until I discovered this thread @dimesandnichols 😅. I have learned so much! I didn’t know that there were polishes that are magnetic, others thermal, others glow in the dark, others glow in black light, some have a sandy finish… and so on. And regarding stamping, I also learned about it here. I watched some videos and tried it. At the beginning it was a disaster but after some more attempts I learned how to do it. And it is so much fun!!!! 😃

I will have to look up some videos and give it a try @Saradestin 💓

Warning!!! It can get addictive @dimesandnichols!! 😁

the gradient on this mani is beautiful 😍😍😍😍 the stamping is the cherry on top for sure❤️

Thank you so much @juli2121 !! I love stamping and I do it every time I have the chance. I am addicted! 😅

It's amazing how stamping changed this mani completely 🤩 @Saradestin 

Isn’t it @CynthieLu ?? It doesn’t look even close! I cannot remove a manicure without trying some stamping first 😁

@Saradestin 

😍😍😍So gorgeous I'm at a loss for words! It may not be super high contrast, but it's got this cut-velvet aura to it that I adore. Fabulous!!!! 💖

Thank you so much @RGbrown !! 🤗 It is a beautiful twist to the flat pink mani. 

This is beautiful, @Saradestin ! 💖💛💖💛  I love how the yellow stamping looks on the pink polish.

Thank you so much @Titian06 !! It doesn’t pop that much but it looks very pretty 😍 

Love the result @Saradestin! It’s got a tropical vibe to it. 

It does @JoSometimes ! It may be the pattern or the peachy/pink color but I feel the same tropical vibe.

Every year I start seeing an explosion of sea glass nails around this time, and every year I think "I should do that too" and never do, so I finally got to it last night. Yay! 

From pinky to thumb:

Cirque Haze Jelly: soft lavender jelly, grey leaning, milky enough to provide pretty decent coverage.

Orly Making Waves + Zoya Vickie: Orly is a bright royal blue jelly, but I wanted to tone it down a bit, so I did one coat of it and topped it off with two coats of Zoya (pale grey milky jelly). With the power of hindsight, I kinda wish I had done two Orly plus one Zoya, as it's almost too grey, and too close to my thumb. 

Cirque Jade Jelly: soft milky green jelly

Cirque Berry Jelly: the name is pretty accurate, it's a berry toned jelly 😋 The most sheer -slash- least milky of the bunch, even at three coats, a good bit of my staining shows through. Peep that orange aura in the middle 👀😂

Orly Oasis Jelly + Zoya Vickie: Orly is a deep teal jelly. Same process and notes as my ring finger, and same mild disappointment with the results. It's not bad, I just wish I had done it a little differently to allow the color to shine through a little more. 

I could not do a mani without some sparkle, so between coats two and three I added a layer of ILNP Wonderland, a topper with green/blue/purple shifting iridescent flakies. 

My process:

Two coats of color

One coat of topper

One more coat of color

Glossy qdtc

Let dry for a while (I think I waited an hour or so), then add the matte topcoat

Why glossy then matte? There are a few reasons! Matte topcoats don't generally have a quick dry function and won't help your mani dry any faster, leaving you smudging for hours without a qdtc in the mix. Mattes also tend to be drier and more brittle, so the layer of glossy topcoat helps provide a little more flexibility and resistance to cracking under it. And last but not least, mattes tend to show off any and every flaw, so it's a good idea to use your qdtc to help smooth any lumps or bumps before adding the matte on top.

IMG_20230524_123330271.jpg

Overcast daylight

IMG_20230524_123301149_HDR.jpg

Indirect light 

@RGbrown  Great set! 

@ather 

Thanks so much!

testing