Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne 

Yeah, I'm on the fence a bit with the powder. It's way quicker than teabags, so I'm still leaning towards it as my long term solution, but in other aspects, it's got some headaches. The first one, I did two layers, but that took forever to dry, way longer than I would have expected, and after I took that mani off, I found I needed to redo it anyways. Not a big deal, I always always always break my first teabag patch too, and it was quick and easy to just slap another layer on. Normally once I do that second round with teabags, it holds up fine for a few manis, but this one did not...had to redo it with my next change too. And now, it's broken again 😐 the patch is at least keeping my nail stiff and keeping the crack from flexing much, but I'm also trying to be as careful as I can until I can get to repairing it again later today.

Part of my issues right now stem from daily life though...spring and warmer weather means I've been out doing some decently heavy yard work recently, bagging leaves and dragging limbs and cutting back bushy overgrowth and such, so it's a bit harder for me to say it's the powder's fault when I've been way more active with my hands. And there's also my staunch refusal to just bite the bullet and cut the nail way down...I file a little more off with every polish change, but there's still enough length to put more pressure on that crack than it really needs. 

The wrinkling though, that really bugs me. When I did the second patch, I thought maybe I just hadn't let the first one dry long enough, but I waited an hour or so before putting polish over it this time to make dang sure it was dry (and had only done one layer), and that definitely wasn't it. Sigh. Maybe one day I'll figure out a way to stop that.

@RGbrown  Oooh, such a lovely, happy mix of colors! 😍

@Shosh85 

Thanks so much! 💖

I appreciated your explanation/review on the nail repair, @RGbrown!  That's definitely something that happens regularly for me; I'll have to refer back to this later.

@CookieGirl1 

Thanks so much! May you never need it, but I hope it helps if you do! 💖

@RGbrown  I love the speckles!!! Loving the yellow! It’s so pretty! Rain daisy is also beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tips on the broken nail! I need to test this out. I have a problematic nail! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! Ugh, I'm sorry you've got a problem child, but maybe this'll help! 💖

Love this combination @RGbrown  defintley very spring has sprung 😄

Thank you sooo much for the informative post, that was really good information. My nails are soo short but I'm putting that info in the bank in case I can successfully get some length on these things one day 

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Hopefully it's a hack you'll never need 🤞

@RGbrown Beautiful spring mani 😍. Thanks for sharing your nail repair routine. I get tears and the dip powder is a method I never knew about. 

@Mellmars1185 

Thanks so much, and happy to help! 💖

Love these colors and topper, @RGbrown !  Particularly fond of Zoya Paris and Revlon Charming.  The topper does bring the whole mani together with the BDL.

Thanks for the info about nail repair.  A couple of my nails have cracked recently, but I don't want to deal with the tea bag method.

@Titian06 

Thanks so much!

Orly's Nail Rescue kit uses this concept for repairs...it's a bottle of glue, jar of acrylic powder, and a buffing pad. It's kinda pricey at $20ish  IMHO (I picked up this dip for $7ish or so during a Beyond Polish order, and already had glue on hand), but it's a super convenient way to source everything if you don't have either on hand (and might also save you some trial and error on this weird wrinkling issue, I dunno what's going on with that on my end, ugh). I definitely found this method much easier than fiddling with teabags!

6C749900-165C-4FC1-9604-A344ED90E1AE.jpeg

Here is my new manicure did it last night and I really like it it is with Essie play date and Sally Hansen confetti pop on top 

Very pretty @Tina30219 ! 😍

@Tina30219  I love this combo!

@ather   I think so also

Very cute and fun nails @Tina30219 I like that topper alot! 🤩

@CynthieLu @Thanks I would not have found out about it if it was not for instagram.

Play Date is very pretty, @Tina30219 !  I love the topper...who wouldn't want to play with confetti on their "play date"? 😁

@Titian06 @I agree I love the 2 looking

for more glitter toppers now

testing