Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks, @itsfi !  I bought it for the lovely purple color. 💜💜💜  I saw it had some shimmer, but was not expecting a full-on rainbow! 🌈

This is so pretty @Titian06 💜 💜

I love it!

This color is sooo pretty @Titian06  💜 ️  I love it! 

Thanks, @CynthieLu !  I think so too! 💜💜💜

@Titian06  Wow, you managed to get a very visible holo rainbow with an A-England?! I'm impressed! It's beautiful on you. 💜🌈

Thanks, @WinglessOne !  Ignorance is bliss as the saying goes!  I had no idea A-Englands were supposed to be so fussy until you and @RGbrown said something.  I just bought it for the lovely purple color! 😁

@Titian06 that's a unique color; very Fall-appropriate.

Thanks, @CookieGirl1 !  I love dark and purple...what can I say? 😄

@Titian06 

Ahhhhh, I love it! I've been disappointed with the few A Englands that I have, the holo is weak, but this one has a really nice rainbow!! And it's purple, so of course it's a winner in my book, even if the holo hadn't been showy 😅 💜💜💜 Gorgeous!!

Thanks, @RGbrown !  The color itself is great and the holo is really nice.  I'm so glad the sun came out long enough for me to take a few pics. 🌤

Ahhhhhhhh, after China Glaze's seriously disappointing Halloween collection this year, I am incredibly tempted by this set 🎃

Orly x Kelli Marissa Witching Hour with three jellies and three toppers

Code KELLI13 for $13 off any bundles through 9/28

Screenshot_20220921-125403.png

Screenshot_20220921-125417.png

The basic 6pc set is $72, but there are also several bundles available with extras like base and top...this one with two greens caught my eye as it's only ~$6 more!

Screenshot_20220921-125636.png

Kelli Marissa polishes tend to be excluded from sitewide codes at Orly, and I'm not sure they ever show up anywhere else that might put them on sale, so having a deal available is nice! Will have to ponder this set a bit more...after the discount, it's a little over $8 per bottle, which isn't bad, but still more than I normally spend lol 

ETA: yup, done. 5.25% Cashback at TCB helped sweeten the deal for me 🦇

These are so fun @RGbrown ! That bat topper is just way too cute! 🦇🦇🦇

@RGbrown i need this

Oh very pretty 😍@RGbrown ! The jellies are so beautiful 🤩 

@RGbrown  This set definitely screams Halloween compared to CG's. I still wasn't super interested until I saw the bats topper and the black jelly. I don't have a plain black jelly. Do I need a plain black jelly? Depends on how sheer Orly's is in one coat... I'll have to watch Kelli's video to find out. And I have to remind myself I can buy a jar of tiny bat confetti for a lot less than this set costs. Hmm. 

Anyway, can't wait to see these on your nails! 🙂 

@WinglessOne 

Pfft, sensible alternatives to spending more money were not requested 😡

(Totally kidding 😂)

I'm halfway mad at myself over this one though, in all seriousness. Now that I've taken a breather, the bats and the black jelly are really the only truly unique ones to me, maybe the orange topper too (well, that remains to be seen on the two greens, I haven't fully compared them to my existing stuff), and even those I could DIY to an extent. I've got a green/blue/purple matte glitter topper, a black matte glitter topper, loads of holo toppers. No plain orange topper, but I have a pink/orange/purple matte glitter one that would stand in passably well with some of the black and a holo. And I *just* got an OPI Color Paints set that has similar purple and teal jellies. Black jelly can be made with black polish + clear polish. So really, all I needed to buy was some bat glitter, dang it 🙄

Ehhh, so I guess I'll consider it an opportunity to pit OPI vs Orly jellies and see which I like better (I'll bet Orly based solely on the brush, though OPI starts at a massive disadvantage because the set I got is mini bottles lol). And I like Kelli, so I'm happy to support her a bit...these are my first polishes from any of her collabs. I really hope I enjoy these $64 bats 🤣🤣🤣

@RGbrown  I don't think I've ever tried an Orly jelly either. If they'd sell that black jelly individually, I'd buy it to test. I wish they'd at least pair it with one of the toppers as a set. The last time I tried to get a black jelly effect with a black cream + clear polish, the result was too patchy. (I also tried to make my own teal jelly once upon a time, with similar disappointing results.) Might be worth trying again soon, though. 

And hey, nothing's wrong with supporting someone whose content you enjoy. 🙂 They may be $64 bats, but maybe some of the other polishes will end up being different enough from what's in your collection. 

Those toppers look fun @RGbrown

It’s Yellow Skittles! I’ve had some nail art ideas percolating in my brain for a couple of months now 😬 and thought I should try to inch one step closer to actually getting it done so I pulled out some yellows to see which shades might fit the bill. All 2 coats except for the Olive & June polish (middle finger), which required 3 coats.

9.15.2022 Skittles - Yellow.jpeg

From thumb to pinky:

Nailtopia Glow Up (thumb) is like a bright mustard yellow that reminds me of French’s Classic Yellow Mustard. The packaging of the Nailtopia polishes, the brush handle in particular, is super cute; the brush, on the other hand, not so much - it’s one of the thinnest and longest I’ve seen. This polish took the longest to dry of all the other yellows here but it also just seemed longer than most polishes.

Smith Cult Color Me Curious (index) is described as a yellow marigold and I guess I can see that. I think it’s more of a mustardy yellow, very similar to Nailtopia Glow Up. I probably don’t need both … or, do I? 🤔 

Spoiler
Yellows up close.jpeg

Olive & June x Stony Clover Lane Pineapple Slushie (middle) is a pastel yellow cream.  I really wanted to love this one, but it was the fussiest of all the polishes here. It goes on streaky and patchy; I almost added an extra fourth coat here. I will give this one another try with a different brush.

The Soothing Soul America the Beautiful (ring) (from PPU 3/2022). I’m not sure how to describe the color - a sunshine-y golden yellow with a faint metallic sheen? This is my first polish from this brand and one of my favorites from this yellow skittles mani. 💛

China Glaze Lemon Ice (pinky) is a fun, bright neon yellow; my other favorite from this mani. 💛

So beautiful! I love all shades of yellow you chose for your mani @itsfi 💛💛💛

@Saradestin, thank you! These yellows make me smile! 😊 

testing