Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thanks haha! I probably wouldnโ€™t havenโ€™t chosen them- this mani gives me Valentineโ€™s Day vibes - I could wrap my mind around even summertime with Memorial Day Fourth of July Labor Day inspiration but rn I need pastels! But here we are lol๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช

I did two silly things today, and thought I'd share ๐Ÿ˜‹

I had an eye doctor appt this afternoon, and got there a few minutes early. Instead of just waiting in my car, I decided to give the Five Below next door a quick perusal, and stumbled upon an LA Colors collection, Diamond Crush. Considering it was sitting next to a display of OPI Grease shades (several years old lol), I had no idea if it was new or old, but I knew I was enchanted by the sparkle and I grabbed one (yup, just one, but I'm pretty sure I'm going back for at least one more, or all of them) ๐Ÿคญ

Turns out they're brand spanking new, and Kelli Marissa just did a swatch video of them a couple of weeks ago, which helped me decide I might need more lol. Best part? They're only $3! For holo!

IMG_20210415_004520698.jpg

The one I grabbed today; my camera certainly doesn't do it justice...it's a sparkly beast, in the best possible way โœจ

Screenshot_20210415-003950.png

And a screen shot from Kelli's video, showing all of the available colors ๐Ÿ˜

And after I got home and looked up that collection, I started poking around for summer collection info from other brands, and came across these pics, all on polishpick dot com. Morgan Taylor and China Glaze are both available at a few beauty supply online shops, but I haven't found dates for Essie or OPI yet. I'm curious to see more on these...so far nothing screams "must have" to me, but that's subject to change once swatches start hitting!

Screenshot_20210415-002223.png

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20210415-002242.png

Screenshot_20210415-002214.png

Screenshot_20210415-002235.png

โ€ƒ

@RGbrown  Omg this years summer compare fire!!! I need that essie orange!! 

@ather 

It's such a pretty orange! It may be one I cave on at some point this summer ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oooh, lots of fun colors here @RGbrown! I didnโ€™t realize LA Colors made nail polish. Thereโ€™s a small store close to where my parents live that carries LA Colors. Iโ€™ll have to stop by the next time Iโ€™m there, to see if they carry the polishes. Because I clearly need more polishes! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi  I agree you need more polish colours!!! Iโ€™m going to the city tomorrow and Iโ€™m already planning on some polish shopping. Hopefully my husband is on board!! 

@itsfi 

LA Colors' store locator shows WalMart, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Five Below in my area...I really dunno if all of them will have this particular collection, but if you have any nearby, it's worth a gander! Also available online at HB Beauty Bar (code KELLI gets you 22% off, and they have free shipping at $35 IIRC).

I stopped back by Five Below yesterday and grabbed the black one...not sure how I stopped myself from getting the rest, but I'm happy I showed a little restraint lol

You left some behind @RGbrown?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ How did you do that?!! Oh, thatโ€™s really good to know. Iโ€™ll have to check out HB Beauty Bar. Enabled!! Thank you! 

Bright and simple for spring ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒฑ

Green: Morgan Taylor You Crack Me Up

Bright green glitter? I'm in! It's fantastically dense, and only took two coats to get full coverage even though it's just glitter in a clear base. ๐Ÿ’š

Dark pink: Morgan Taylor Looking For A Wingman

A gorgeous burgundy berry shade, two coats, easy as can be. 

Light pink: OPI N-Iceland

Seemed like it might want to be a little patchy on the second coat, but I went a little thick with it and didn't have to go back with a third.

Watermark_1618418931307.png

@RGbrown  That green sparkle is everything!!

@ather 

It's such a fantastic shade, isn't it? ๐Ÿ’š Thank you!

@RGbrown, that flower nail art looks so good against that MT green! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! โฃ๏ธ

A'ight, who needs a quick polish overload? Everyone, yes? ๐Ÿ˜‚

A couple of deals at Ciate! 

The 2019 calendar is currently $25 (I have this one and highly recommend it! It was my first experience with the brand, and I have been suitably impressed, *especially* for only $25). While the bottles are small, the brush is a nice size, wide with rounded edges, but not so big that it's unmanageable. The formula is great, most creams are super easy two-coaters (the yellow was a bit fussy, but most every yellow is), and they did a nice job with adding some fun toppers that give you lots of options for varying combinations.

The 2020 calendar is currently $39. It looks to have a few more nude/soft shade polishes than I would typically want, so I'm passing for now (but all bets are off it ever hits $25 as well lol).

Free shipping at $35, and free eye patches at $40 (must add to bag) with code FREESMILE

Screenshot_20210411-181422.png

Screenshot_20210411-181441.png

Art? Or complete mess? You be the judge! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I watched several of the videos on dry marbling from that channel I mentioned a few manis ago, and felt ready to tackle something more complicated than just a few flower petals, but I may have been wrong lol. It's hard to get lots of dots of polish on your nail and still have time to marble them before they start getting thick or clumpy. And my yellow and green started looking a little muddy when mixed together. This is a skill that I either need to practice a bit more, or abandon completely in despair lol. I think I might be better off with more monochromatic looks...light + medium + dark pink, for example, less chance of unintended bad mixes of color.

To be honest, I hated this before I put on top coat, but it was super late and I didn't have time to start over. Top coat helped the colors pop a bit and smoothed things out significantly, but I still don't love it.

IMG_20210411_142817632.jpg

The mess ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20210411_144138861.jpg

The swatch hand

Green: Revlon Posh

Fantastic formula, two coats, not streaky or fussy in any way. A classic for a reason! Revlon has also started moving to wide brushes, and they are awesome ๐Ÿ˜

Pink: China Glaze Pink In Poppy

Barbie pink on steroids, a super fun, bright, sparkly pink. Two easy coats.

Yellow: Essie You Know The Espadrille

OMG, a not fussy yellow! Two easy coats! Granted, I only used it on one nail, so my opinion could change if I ever use it for a full manicure, but I'm pretty impressed so far. This is a softened mustard shade, perhaps a bit muted for a true "summer" palette, but the formula puts it head and shoulders above any other yellow I've ever tried.

Blue: Inglot 112

Three coats, but I think that was at least partially my fault; it had separated really badly, and I must not have shaken it enough before the first coat, as it went on like blue water. I gave it another vigorous shake before the second coat, and that went on much more opaquely, as I'd expect from a shimmer. Pretty color, but I also have it in spades from other brands, ones that don't separate nearly as badly.

Beige: Butter Hot Totty

As anyone here could probably expect, I am not a fan of the color...a peach-leaning beige (even one like this with gold shimmer) will never ever get my motor running ๐Ÿ˜‚ BUT! As with most Butter polishes, the formula is fantastic...two coats, no streaks, even coverage right off the bat. I could see myself reaching for this again as a base for art, especially if I don't feel like grabbing a fussy white. I'm (almost) sad that all I have is one of their tiny micro bottles that's something like 3 or 4 mL. 

@RGbrown  I think they are not a mess. Itโ€™s abstract art. And itโ€™s beautiful!!! I love how all the colours complement each other!

@ather 

Aw shucks, thank you! โฃ๏ธ

@RGbrown, I vote art! I let out an โ€œooohโ€ ๐Ÿคฉ(and not an โ€œewwโ€) when I saw the thumbnail. I am liking the sound of that Essie  yellow. I wonder if all Essie yellow polishes will perform just as beautifully. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi 

You are entirely too kind ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks so much!

I wonder if mustards are generally better/easier? I'd have to look up my notes on it, but I almost think I was similarly pleased with CG Mustard the Courage (maybe?). I feel like I need to go hunt that post down now lol.

Botanical stamping, take two! I am much happier with how this one came out ๐ŸŒฟ

Pink: OPI Suzi Shops and Island Hops

Three painfully streaky coats, but it's hard to say if that was due mostly to the formula or the fact that this is a mini bottle with a microscopic brush that picked up next to no polish (seriously, I had to dip in twice just to cover even my short pinky on the other hand). Pretty pastel bubblegum though, and it stamped fairly well, though most of it wound up being covered by the leaves.

White: Zoya Aspen

As a base color, this can be somewhat tricky to work with. It's a matte, so it dries quickly and doesn't have much working time, but it's also the easiest matte I've ever used from any brand. Can tend to look bumpy or thick though, so I mostly prefer to save it for stamping. Two coats on some nails, but others needed a third to even out the coverage.

Green stamped with Zoya Shawn

Watermark_1618076575895.png

(I'm starting to post on Reddit some too, so I've started to play with watermarks...I figure it's not a bad idea to try and protect my pics!)

@RGbrown  These are totally vacation vibes. I thinks itโ€™s a great idea you are marking your pics. You did the hard work you should get the credit!

1 Reply
testing