Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@ather Thank you! I was surprised. I'm a clutz and rough handed haha.

I love this @Samtian ! 

@Sunnysmom Thank you!!

@Samtian!!! So good to see you here! 😀 Love these nails! Awesome job! 💅

@itsfi Thank you!!

@Samtian 

Ahhhh yay! So glad you got to dabble in nails, even if only for a week! They look great! 💕

@RGbrown Thank you! 

Last month I got gelFX on medium extensions with magnetic polish and charms

4B04C931-CBA0-4355-9D77-3CE6209D9814.jpeg

Yesterday I got magnetic polish on the tips with some clear gelish builder gel

15104F34-F37B-432E-B8F2-A0D1425F0FF8.jpeg

@tk4la  Both are beautiful!

@tk4la 

Both of these are fantastic! There's a great range here, from big bold bling to simple with a twist. Love! 😍

☺️ Thank you!

These are very cool @tk4la😎 Love the take on a French manicure and how cute are those charms?!!! Your magnetic mani turned out great!

TYSM 😊

Essie Tide Of Your Life

I've been sitting in this one for a while, vaguely unenthused about it because it just looks a bit off somehow. Both in the bottle and on the swatch stick, it's got a sheer green base with blue shimmer, but the green just looks...dirty? Kinda dull and muddy. Little did I know it would become so lovely on the nail though! And it's even a multichrome! There is a slight tinge of purple around the edges of the bottle, but I never saw the shift on my swatch stick, so I just assumed that would turn out to be nothing, but this has a pretty decent shift IRL 💜💙💚

Looking straight on, the blue and green make a lovely teal, but as I move my hand, both green and purple emerge at various angles.

Stamped with Zoya Aspen

IMG_20210408_124957481.jpg

IMG_20210408_125035241.jpg

The purple is hard to pick up on film, but you can see a touch of it here, along with green

Just had to chime in here fast to say what crazy amazing skills you guys all have @RGbrown @itsfi etc, it’s just incredible!! Only in my dreams would my nails ever look like this. How very cool! 🥰 

@Sunnysmom 

Awww, you are too sweet! 💕

I seriously don't do anything truly difficult though; I have no real "artistic" skills, and my hands shake a bit much for finely detailed work that isn't guided by by either stamping or vinyls. At heart, I'm lazy, but work with tools that give max impact with minimal work 😆

Grab a toothpick or a bobby pin...you don't need anything fancy. Just one dot in a contrasting color can make a fabulous statement, and is the world's easiest nail art! 

@Sunnysmom, polka dots for nail art are so much fun! ♥️ And so many options for variety too!  Love @RGbrown‘s suggestions of a bobby pin or toothpick. 👍🏼 I’ve also used the ends of a paperclip 📎

RGbrown, if what you’re doing with your nails is not what you think is artistic, I don’t know what is! 💅🏼 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom 

Eh, everything I do is "easy art" though. There are folks that freehand full masterpieces on their nails, and they look dang good. Starry Night or the Mona Lisa or detailed characters from various anime or cartoons. Me? Nope, no way, never happen. I don't have the fine motor skills for such a small canvas (not that I could do it on a big one either...stick people are challenging for me 😂). I just fake the fancy stuff with tools that make it easier...if it's more complicated than a dotting tool, vinyl, or stamp will allow, I am out 😋

Ahhhh, are you also a member of the "stick figures artists club" @RGbrown?! 😉😂🤣😂

Okay, I'm going to ask . . . what's vinyl in the world of nail art? Dotting tool...check. Stamp...check. Vinyl . . .  crickets . . . 🤔 I'm thinking you don't mean having a vinyl record playing in the background while doing nails, but that would be fun too! @Sunnysmom 

@itsfi 

Nail vinyls (really just a broader term for  stencils or tape) range from just simple strips to intricate designs. You can even go low tech with just some painters tape or Scotch tape. I've got some zigzag ones that I used for my Easter egg mani, and just plain old straight ones for doing neat stripes, but they can also be larger templates designed to cover a full nail with mermaid scales or flowers or whatever your heart desires!

There are two things to keep in mind when using vinyls. One, you have to let your base dry completely before sticking it on; otherwise it can pull your base up when you peel it back off. And second, once you've put your polish down over the stencil/tape, pull it off before that layer dries; otherwise you can wind up with jagged edges or even missing pieces if it's an intricate design.

What's Up Nails has a huge selection, but I'm sure you can find some much cheaper elsewhere too! 

Screenshot_20210411-140415.png

Ahhh, thank you @RGbrown! I was so lost when mentioned vinyl. I feel like I may have picked up a set of stamps or maybe stickers and it came with a set of the zig zags / lines. I'll take a quick peek (it's never a quick peek) into what I have already and then maybe move onto What's Up Nails. 😁 Oh yes, waiting for the base to dry completely. I have the hardest time with that.

testing