Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I figured it would be wise to create a new post about Gucci Westman's new line - Westman Atelier.  It is currently only sold at Barneys, however I imagine it may spread to other locations.

A few days ago I purchased the foundation stick, two of the blush sticks, the contour stick, the highlight compact, and the highlight stick so I will be back with some swatches and reviews!  Also today I got one more foundation stick as I think the one I bought was too dark, however I think I may need to mix regardless, and I can compare to the other foundations I currently own.

There isn't much known about the brand yet other than a few random articles, a couple youtube posts and a few instagram posts about the products, so I'm hoping I can help you out once I receive my items!

If anyone else has something to add, feel free! From what I've heard so far this is a wonderful brand and people are very happy with it.

Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

Thought of you @Titian06 ! 🥰 Wasn’t sure if too fragranced for you but pretty sure not. Priorities, I get that! 

@Sunnysmom Thanks for the beautiful swatches. I especially like the looks of Pip, will maybe grab it during the sale but I’d really prefer to hold out for refills to avoid the storage problem with the magnetized cases. I’m not a fan of the chunky case. I feel the same as you on the overall nice feel and blurring effect, as well as the drying after an hour or so. I’m happy with the color of Je Reve which is an everyday neutral-cool pinky nude on my lips. I must have weird lips though because it’s looked warmer than it looks on me on just about everyone else I’ve seen. My lips are pigmented with cool brown in them. If I can get a swatch picture I think is close to reality I’ll post it but we’ve had clouds and rain for days.

I love Pip @Winthrop44 ! Very uplifting for the complexion especially during dreary days like we are also having! 

My pics may be a bit darker for this reason too. Glad to hear it about Je Rêve, bet it’s perfect on you tho. The refills are a great option. Darn magnets tho! (Knowing the rest of her line and pricing she probably could have gotten away with a slimmer case, less product and same pricing tho I’m glad she didn’t on less product! 🤣 Looking at you Mr. Ford. 🥹

@Sunnysmom, thanks for the tag, swatches, and your observations! The shades look beautiful! I wasn't thinking of purchasing one because the packaging looked chunky and lipstick is a very low buy. I'm tempted to try one...

Smart @TraceyEB . I failed this month. 😔 The case is a bit chunky for sure but I knew I’d have to try these. Ugh. Good colors all of them it appears! Shout out if you try any! 🥰

@Sunnysmom These swatches are beautiful. I have not tried a lippie from WA yet. The sale would be a good time to try one. Thanks for the tag!

They feel so smooth @Mellmars1185 . I can totally see Je Rêve on you and more! 

@Sunnysmom Ooo it is beautiful.

@Mellmars1185 Love! 😍

IMG_4854.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, no I haven't.  Lou Lou is such a pretty shade and Rue is speaking to me

Bet they’d both be great on you @danielledanielle . 💞

From WA IG. Thought I’d added here. Will be good to see these in person. Had a tricky time deciding a few shades to order! What is anyone trying? 

IMG_0217.jpegIMG_0218.jpeg

They look pretty but I will not be buying. Heads up that they are a "clean brand and as such I find they have a very limited life. I had the nearly $100 CDN lip compact go bad in less than a year.

@ChristalM @Sunnysmom @Winthrop44 I refer these “clean” brands as zombie brands. They do turn and they eat our wallets 😂🤣

🤣 excellent one @blackkitty2014 ! I keep sniffing mine now just waiting for something to happen…! 😭

That is a definite fear I have with clean stuff too @ChristalM . Big bummer your compact did that. Unless I really wear something like crazy the potential to turn is very real. I’ve had it happen with the Vital Drops sadly. My order arrives today I guess so I’ll be curious to see what they’re like. 🥹 Hoping for the best. 

@Sunnysmom Fingers crossed! I must admit they do look pretty!

@ChristalM These do smell very questionable tbh.

They look pretty, but I'd like to see them on someone first, so I'll wait for a YouTube review. @Sunnysmom 

There are some decent YT on them now @curlychiquita . Some mixed reviews it seems. Def some of your shades I think ! 🥰

Her new lipsticks are out soon! Excited to see these! 

IMG_6871.jpeg

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.00.53 PM.png
  • F39E2DD8-2627-4FD7-9E11-CA49219ECE62.jpeg
  • 9E6188FD-3B6F-4214-B370-6FC297CD24A7.jpeg
  • F624E46D-2107-4CA7-87F2-096BC9526E56.jpeg
  • 11CE9845-6157-4AEC-A63F-CE5DFA662781.jpeg
  • E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg
  • 72604BC9-41B1-4D61-BB79-5138D4A0FAEB.jpeg
  • 907F9A06-417C-4851-8C98-44B1086D0402.jpeg