Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I figured it would be wise to create a new post about Gucci Westman's new line - Westman Atelier.  It is currently only sold at Barneys, however I imagine it may spread to other locations.

A few days ago I purchased the foundation stick, two of the blush sticks, the contour stick, the highlight compact, and the highlight stick so I will be back with some swatches and reviews!  Also today I got one more foundation stick as I think the one I bought was too dark, however I think I may need to mix regardless, and I can compare to the other foundations I currently own.

There isn't much known about the brand yet other than a few random articles, a couple youtube posts and a few instagram posts about the products, so I'm hoping I can help you out once I receive my items!

If anyone else has something to add, feel free! From what I've heard so far this is a wonderful brand and people are very happy with it.

Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

Here are my swatches of a few of the matte lips. I wish I didn’t like them but I do. Lol. At first I thought maybe they felt a bit grainy but I think it was my lips. 😆 I hope the ingredients stay fresh! Swatched heavily tho it’s really just one pass and then blurred out, is really beautiful on and stayed that way for a few hours. They maybe felt a little bit dry after an hour but I refreshed with lip balm over and then used the balm under later on. Not too dry for me tho maybe I’m just really used to wearing mattes. These remind me of Prada I think. Very soft and light, nourishing with vanilla-like scent very pleasant taste. Ma Biche reminds me of some Chanel and YSL shades- rusty ish but def red. Pip is a cool red with pink and Lou Lou is such a pretty smoky brown red. The cases are a little bit clunky and this is as close as I could get them together! Funny. I kind of wish they weren’t so magnetized but small issues nevertheless! @ChristalM 🥹 sorry!! 🤣 I’d love to see Minx and Je Reve so maybe 

@Winthrop44 can weigh in on Je Reve. @itsfi are you considering these or too matte? @curlychiquita @blackkitty2014 @aviscardi @Titian06 @Mellmars1185 @TraceyEB @missjeanie @WinglessOne @makeitup305 @danielledanielle . Any of you guys try these yet? The blurring stain of these is truly beauteous! These should be on Sephora for the sale, yay! Forgot to mention the mirror in the top of the tube! 😍

They’re showing up now too. 19th global launch. 

Westman Atelier Lip Suede Hydrating Matte Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid Pip 

IMG_0255.jpegIMG_0256.jpegIMG_0263.jpeg

@Sunnysmom The way Pip looks blurred out... dang.... I have these on my list for the sale to try and decide which shade to try.  I'm not generally a matte lover, but I really like how you described them to stain a bit.  

@missjeanie - If you don't like the matte, you can tap a bit of lip gloss on top like the PMG gloss we got in the gratis box in December (I think you got that one).  I've been tapping three dots on my bottom lip and then persing my lips together.  It gives me the perfect amount of slip and shine.

@Titian06 Great idea!  I was lucky enough to receive the holiday gratis box and really do enjoy the PML glosses.  I'm still wavering on if I should get more lip products ... I mean... I say I'm wavering and I want to use the ones I have, but who am I kidding...

She’s so cute @missjeanie , my favorite! I think you’d love this one! 😍 I agree on mattes, so tricky!

@Sunnysmom That red at the top is just 😍 wow. For some reason i hate the packaging but that color is drool worthy!

It’s a beautiful slightly warmer red @makeitup305 ! I hear you. They are semi- clunky! I hope they stay fresh as long as possible! 

Thanks for the tag, swatches, and feedback, @Sunnysmom ! I’ll swatch a few shades when I see ‘em in-store. Not sure I’ll buy one but we’ll see. Pip looks beautiful in your photos! When I can play with testers, I’ll likely swatch Pip, Rue, Pique, and LFG. 

Also good to know about the magnetic fields in each case pushing against one another. Lisa Eldridge’s lipsticks also have that problem, and I usually forget that until I accidentally set one close to another one—and I always hear Greta Garbo’s “I want to be alone” when they push against each other. 😂 

That’s funny @WinglessOne , now I’ll have that in my head too! 🎶 Pip is my favorite ! I swatched them but realized it’s a video so I took some quick pics off them if it helps to see LFG and others. LFG is a neon neon pink. The stain it left was otherworldly lol. Minx is a really pretty true pink too.  (Ugh. Rue is not on here! It’s on my SAs hand not mine, grr. I’ll ask for it too tho I know you’ll be seeing these soon. ) Forgive blur from grabbing the pics and Nordstrom lighting. 😊

IMG_0407.jpegIMG_0410.jpeg

Ugh these lip colors are pretty. I’m eyeing Je Reve or Minx but I hate the packaging. Ugh why WA why make it chunky and in ugly color (okie WA fan don’t hit me 😂🤣 but she could choose baby pink or black or red)  But I’m probably the minority here.   Thx for the beautiful swatches @Sunnysmom 

That would be a pretty idea @blackkitty2014 why she didn’t listen to you! 😆 It is chunky and heavy and slightly annoying for my bag much less makeup table, grr! I think some shades may feel a bit more grainy than others too as I don’t find Pip to be but Lou Lou does. Oh well. I only hope they last long enough for me to use them! 🥹😭

@Sunnysmom, pretty swatches. I’ll likely pass on these but they were a hot topic in store the other day - they had just recently updated the WA shelves to make space for when these matte lipsticks arrive in (select) stores. Has your Sephora store gotten them in stock? 

Ooh they had @itsfi ? I don’t know. I haven’t been in my biggie store lately tho now I may need to go in and see! 

@Sunnysmom  Here is a swatch of Je Reve. IMG_3834.jpeg

Wow, that's gorgeous @faeriegirl 

Oh thank you so much @faeriegirl ! 😘 I’m so glad to see this and that you got it! It looks perfect on you. Thoughts?! 

@Sunnysmom  I didn’t have it on for very long today but I really like it. It felt very comfortable and I love the shade. The packaging is definitely a bit bulky though.

Yup @faeriegirl . I wore it maybe 3 hours today and it still felt pretty good. The case could use some work! 😆

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom !  Lovely swatches! 🥰  I'll consider picking up one during the sale.  It depends on other priorities of course. 😄

Thought of you @Titian06 ! 🥰 Wasn’t sure if too fragranced for you but pretty sure not. Priorities, I get that! 

144 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos54
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.00.53 PM.png
  • F39E2DD8-2627-4FD7-9E11-CA49219ECE62.jpeg
  • 9E6188FD-3B6F-4214-B370-6FC297CD24A7.jpeg
  • F624E46D-2107-4CA7-87F2-096BC9526E56.jpeg
  • 11CE9845-6157-4AEC-A63F-CE5DFA662781.jpeg
  • E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg
  • 72604BC9-41B1-4D61-BB79-5138D4A0FAEB.jpeg
  • 907F9A06-417C-4851-8C98-44B1086D0402.jpeg
  • 0C43B36B-A8EF-4483-8091-DE3576F56792.jpeg