Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I figured it would be wise to create a new post about Gucci Westman's new line - Westman Atelier.  It is currently only sold at Barneys, however I imagine it may spread to other locations.

A few days ago I purchased the foundation stick, two of the blush sticks, the contour stick, the highlight compact, and the highlight stick so I will be back with some swatches and reviews!  Also today I got one more foundation stick as I think the one I bought was too dark, however I think I may need to mix regardless, and I can compare to the other foundations I currently own.

There isn't much known about the brand yet other than a few random articles, a couple youtube posts and a few instagram posts about the products, so I'm hoping I can help you out once I receive my items!

If anyone else has something to add, feel free! From what I've heard so far this is a wonderful brand and people are very happy with it.

Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I wanted to post my latest collection and swatches of Westman Atelier as Sephora just sent me the Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil highlighter.

Here's my current collection:

IMG_20210217_185817~2.jpg

Here are my swatches of the products:

IMG_20210217_190122~5.jpg

Left to right:

Westman Atelier Lit Up Glow Highlighter Stick ( the glowy clear/white swatch)

Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick Biscuit 

Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick Minette 

Westman Atelier Vital Skin Full Coverage Foundation and Concealer Stick Atelier IV 

Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Peche 

Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil 

Here are Peau de Peche (left) and Peau de Soliel (right) closer

IMG_20210217_185943.jpg

Thanks!

once I have a job again, the Westman Atelier foundation stick is first on my list! it doesn't have any silicones in it so I'm pumped to try it I'm glad you mentioned it in a post cause I've literally never heard anyone online talking about it

The new NARS Light Reflecting foundation is also free of silicones. I’ve been deciding which one to try first. I personally love how easy sticks are to use.

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone had any problems with breakouts or clogged pores after using Westman Atelier? I'm a little afraid of trying it since it has coconut oil... 

I had to stop using it due to breakouts but I’m pretty sure it was the small amount of alcohol n it that irritated my rosacea.

I watched a YouTube video where the women talking about stick foundations uses Tom Fords foundation stick when her skin is irritated because it helps it calm down. I was intrigued by that. I know it’s $88 dollars but you get 15 grams and that comes out to $5.86 per gram. Worth a shot!

I have SO many of the products, and I really enjoy how natural it looks. BUT my pores do get clogged after using it. I have to remove the products soon after, especially if I do a full face because my skin starts to break out!!! It's so sad because I've invested so much money, and I really wanted to love the products!! I have sensitive, dry skin.

RE: Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I’ve been using the whole line since November and haven’t had any reactions or breakouts due to the coconut oil (I have combination skin). If anything I would say my skin is looking better - only thing I would suggest, is if you have oilier skin then you may want to lightly set with powder.

Anyone have this? I can';t believeWA.PNG I am considering it....

Purchased this and love it!!! All the colours are sooo wearable and customizable and surprisingly they last - the Tomato Shade is my fave but they all get equal use. Initially I debated because I wasn’t too sure how much I was going to use it / all shades (usually only wear a red lip for an evening out) and am guilty of buying palettes and only using 1 colour - not the case here. I also got the lip brush - tried to use one I already had and it was okay but like the Westman Atelier better, it’s bit flatter and wider then a regular lip brush - makes application easier. (I really love her foundation sticks and the baby cheeks blushes as well.)

The Westman Atelier is sold online at Holt Renfrew. Foundation is $88.

That’s so gorgeous !!!

@Kim888  it is!

But like $115 CDN...ouch

@sabrinas how have you liked the products so far? I saw Michelle Wang and Tati on YT review them and was super interested. I love the concept and the packaging. It's too bad I don't have a Barneys near me, I want to try them in person!

A friend gifted me the foundation and one of the blush sticks. Though I like them, the blush stick has a really terrible smell, like it's already gone off. But I know that some stick products can have a less pleasant scent to them (like the Milk bronzer; the smell is a bit like Plasticine on that but it doesn't bother me - on the Westman it's not a pleasant odor at all). Is this just a bad product, or is it supposed to smell this way?

Ok heres one most swatch post lol. Foundation comparisons!! So starting from the left it is Atelier III, YSL touche eclat tinted moisturizer in B30, Nars luminous radiant foundation in Santa Fe, MUFE hd foundation in Y335, then Fenty foundation in 150!

1D6AE89F-16D1-4C1A-A9A8-B00F3A32A3A8.jpeg

0C43B36B-A8EF-4483-8091-DE3576F56792.jpeg

I get my order tomorrow! I am so excited. Wondering though if you wear primer, or setting powder? Setting spray? 

So here are a few photos showing one side (your left) with the foundation, contour, minette blush, highlight stick and the highlight cream on my eyes, and the other side (your right) with no makeup.  Its funny because I got this shade then thought it would be too dark so I ordered shade I which will arrive tomorrow, however now I see in natural lighting that this one may be a tad light! Its okay I can use some bronzer. And ill use shade I as an undereye concealer.

907F9A06-417C-4851-8C98-44B1086D0402.jpeg

72604BC9-41B1-4D61-BB79-5138D4A0FAEB.jpeg

E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg

Thanks for doing the swatches.  I was debating between 1 and 3 myself, and now I think I may be able to do the 3 as well.  What color do you wear in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation?  If you wear it, lol

Anonymous Insider

I so want to try this but very stuck for colour. I wear the nars radiant creamy concealor vanilla and chantecaille future skin in alabaster?

Hello- I need help with shades for Westman foundation??

im Laura Mercier Ecru, MAC NC 25ish, light medium neutral-would I be III ( too light?) IV  or ??

thanks,

@sabrinas wrote:

So here are a few photos showing one side (your left) with the foundation, contour, minette blush, highlight stick and the highlight cream on my eyes, and the other side (your right) with no makeup.  Its funny because I got this shade then thought it would be too dark so I ordered shade I which will arrive tomorrow, however now I see in natural lighting that this one may be a tad light! Its okay I can use some bronzer. And ill use shade I as an undereye concealer.

907F9A06-417C-4851-8C98-44B1086D0402.jpeg

72604BC9-41B1-4D61-BB79-5138D4A0FAEB.jpeg

E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos54
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.00.53 PM.png
  • F39E2DD8-2627-4FD7-9E11-CA49219ECE62.jpeg
  • 9E6188FD-3B6F-4214-B370-6FC297CD24A7.jpeg
  • F624E46D-2107-4CA7-87F2-096BC9526E56.jpeg
  • 11CE9845-6157-4AEC-A63F-CE5DFA662781.jpeg
  • E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg