Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

I figured it would be wise to create a new post about Gucci Westman's new line - Westman Atelier.  It is currently only sold at Barneys, however I imagine it may spread to other locations.

A few days ago I purchased the foundation stick, two of the blush sticks, the contour stick, the highlight compact, and the highlight stick so I will be back with some swatches and reviews!  Also today I got one more foundation stick as I think the one I bought was too dark, however I think I may need to mix regardless, and I can compare to the other foundations I currently own.

There isn't much known about the brand yet other than a few random articles, a couple youtube posts and a few instagram posts about the products, so I'm hoping I can help you out once I receive my items!

If anyone else has something to add, feel free! From what I've heard so far this is a wonderful brand and people are very happy with it.

Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

@Mekeupremastere You could probably get away with shade 3 and just apply some bronzer if needed! Im unsure of how 4 or any darker shades look so sadly I cant provide super helpful info! Id maybe try to find swatches on instagram by searching the tag #westmanatelier

I LOVE the new Westman Atelier line!  I follow Gucci Westman on instagram, so I knew this line was being launched this Spring at Barney's.  I couldn't wait for it to arrive in Canada, so I ordered 4-5 items from Barneys.com.  The foundation stick (I bought it in Atelier I) is a perfect match for me, and I also bought two of the blushes (Petal and Dou Dou) and the bronzer.  All of them feel amazing on my skin, and the colors are just gorgeous.  The makeup wears well throughout the day, which is often a challenge for me as my skin is quite dry.  Also to note, for those of us above 55 years, it's also great on "mature skin".  Can't wait to try out a few other products from the line.

RE: Re: The Wonderful Westman Atelier!

It has finally arrived in Canada - Holts announced it today. Available online and stores shortly...which great news since she is adding new pieces to the collection 🙂

I forgot to ask which blush colour do you like best?

Thanks

I am interested in these products as well. Glad to hear they work well on mature skin.

I live in Canada and am thinking of ordering them from Barney’s. Did you have any problems with customs?

Thanks

You look very pretty on both sides, @sabrinas!  I do like this color foundation on you.

Ok so I got my first order!! The foundation in shade III, biscuit contour, lit highlighter, peau de peche highlighter and the blushes in minette and poppet! So far so good. They are creamy and apply super easily. I did half my face using some of the products so Im waiting to see how it all settles in. Ill post a fresh photo and then another photo a couple hours later.

F624E46D-2107-4CA7-87F2-096BC9526E56.jpeg

9E6188FD-3B6F-4214-B370-6FC297CD24A7.jpeg

11CE9845-6157-4AEC-A63F-CE5DFA662781.jpeg

F39E2DD8-2627-4FD7-9E11-CA49219ECE62.jpeg

Hi! What would be a good dupe for the Face Trace? 

Do you find the Atelier III runs yellow based at all? I'm pretty neutral/slightly cool, and I know lighting is always different in every photo. Thanks! 

oh wow those blush swatches are lovely @sabrinas !!!

@Kim888 Yes they are and they blend so easily!! Ive used other cream and stick blushes and they did not blend well at all but these surprisingly blend to a seamless finish with a buffer brush, its amazing! Im gonna try to use the bright one later today 🙂 

This looks like a good line so far.  It's just starting so at the moment it has a very limited shade range - it seems not to go very light or dark.  Hopefully as it picks up steam it will expand.  I'm not a foundation stick girl, but the items in the line look lovely.

I've never heard of this brand so naturally I had to check it out! The bronzer caught my eye, but I think it's cuz of the hearts on it, lol.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.00.53 PM.png

@suzyo i want to get this with my next order from the line!!! Its so darn cute, and I actually need a powder bronzer!

oooh that is adorable 

I have been dying to see how someone liked this line. I think I need to buy it all - but I will need to try it first because my skin is fair and freckled. Looks like I'll be making the trip downtown to Barneys Boston just for a makeup brand (I won't tell anyone this) 😄

Thank you so much @sabrinas !

I purchased the entire line and I'm in love with it. I have a fair skin. The foundation is super blendable and long wearing, and the shade range is pretty good. The tinted highlighter is beautiful. Since you have a fair skin you can wear it like a blush as well because of its rosy undertone. The highlighter stick is gorgeous. You can apply it all over your face and it glows through your foundation giving your skin extra glow. The blush stick in Petal is amazing and the bronzing stick is lovely. She only has one shade of it, which will be a tad light for dark skin but it works for me. I risked and ordered everything online from her website without trying them first and I'm not disappointed.  

@GillieJaiyne wrote:

I have been dying to see how someone liked this line. I think I need to buy it all - but I will need to try it first because my skin is fair and freckled. Looks like I'll be making the trip downtown to Barneys Boston just for a makeup brand (I won't tell anyone this) 😄

Thank you so much @sabrinas !

Hi @Natielie & @sabrinas! Jw if you could help me on my WA foundation shade? I know that I’m usually either the lightest foundation or the 2nd one when buying from most ranges. Ex: nars creamy concealer I’m vanilla or chantilly for under eye and that’s not giving me like extra brightness if you know what I mean. I am super fair with redness/pink in my skin. My Milk makeup foundation shade is porcelain, GA luminous silk is shade 2. Hope you can help since I know the shade 0 is really meant to be used kind of as a concealer I’m hoping I’m not thattt fair but maybe I am! Haha 😂 thank you both!!!! ♥️♥️

Sorry for my belated response. I believe westman atelier foundation shade I would work you. II is good for fair skin, too. I never used Milk or GA foundations but I used Hourglass stick in shade Alabaster and Warm Ivory if that can give you a hint. Alabaster was very fair and warm ivory was a better shade for me. Good luck with your choice. 

x

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos54
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.00.53 PM.png
  • F39E2DD8-2627-4FD7-9E11-CA49219ECE62.jpeg
  • 9E6188FD-3B6F-4214-B370-6FC297CD24A7.jpeg
  • F624E46D-2107-4CA7-87F2-096BC9526E56.jpeg
  • 11CE9845-6157-4AEC-A63F-CE5DFA662781.jpeg
  • E5176F0A-6C40-4EB8-9BAC-151618D71350.jpeg
  • 72604BC9-41B1-4D61-BB79-5138D4A0FAEB.jpeg
  • 907F9A06-417C-4851-8C98-44B1086D0402.jpeg