Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@MissPuff , 

WOW ! Youโ€™ve been so incredibly helpful! Thank you SO MUCH . Your swatches help me to see that Shizuka Red might be too dark for me . Iโ€™m a fair skinned redhead. I did notice that Shiseido offers more colors than Sephora. Based on your descriptions , I must have one of each formula. I received the Exotic Red Mini as a GWP . It looks like a purple/magenta shade on me . Iโ€™m in LOVE with the formula. It lasted through a popsicle and a nightโ€™s sleep on me last night ! Iโ€™m gonna attach a wrist swatch of the Exotic Red on my wrist . Iโ€™ll have Kat Von D Studded Kiss in Misfit on the left and Shiseido Modernmatte Exotic Red on the right . I must order these soon . I have a feeling theyโ€™ll sell out fast once people realize they are dream lipsticks. I truly appreciate your help ! I canโ€™t thank you enough! Huge Hugs to you ๐Ÿค—KVD Misfit on left , Shiseido Modernmatte Exotic Red on rightKVD Misfit on left , Shiseido Modernmatte Exotic Red on rightIndoor light , same swatches ( KVD Misfit left , Shiseido MM right )Indoor light , same swatches ( KVD Misfit left , Shiseido MM right )

@LipFeind Glad I could help! Based on how Exotic Red swatches on you, I'd guess that Shizuka Red would probably run a bit deeper/darker on you for sure. Could make for a stunning, mysterious fall lip color though! I am very impressed by the new formulas and the packaging, I hope you find colors you love!

Are you near a Nordstroms or Bloomies? They will probably have the collection out if not now, then soon!

@MissPuff , Youโ€™re right . Shizuka Red could be a nice sultry fall shade for me . It looks kinda like the KVD Misfit and thatโ€™s a nice shade on me . Wish Misfit was a tad redder and brighter tho . I have this weird undertone that cools even supposedly warm  colors down . For instance, Mac Chili has a very slight cool , purplish tone on me . Bite Beauty Crushed Chili also pulls slightly purple on me ( LOVE Amuse Bouche lipsticks). All of Besame lipsticks pull pinkish or purplish on me . Chocolate Kiss and Tango Red are the only ones that look true on me ( but Tango Red doesnโ€™t suit me . I mix it with other shades to brighten them tho ๐Ÿ˜Š) . Unfortunately, Iโ€™m nowhere near anywhere that carries the new Shiseido lipsticks. The closest one is 1.5 hours away ( Dillardโ€™s ) . I may make the treck after first calling to make sure they have them. I thought I was in love with Besame , Bite Beauty, KVD and MAC til I found out how AMAZING the Shiseido Modernmatte are . Maybe Iโ€™ll just order a few shades and return them if they donโ€™t work out . Both Sephora and Shiseido have free returns . Thanks again. Sorry for the long reply. I could go on and on about these lipsticks. I hope you find awesome colors you love as well . Big hugs ๐Ÿค— 

Misspuff , how long did the Visionary lipstick last on your lips for the day ? Trying to decide between Visionairy and Modernmatte. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

@MissPuff Oh thatโ€™s awesome you got one! So pretty! I didnโ€™t get one of those. I actually got to see all the lips, eyeliners, blush and multi eye lip too today in my Nordstrom! Itโ€™s amazing! Shadow sets not available to see yet. Those gel lips -wow what a cool light light weight but yes have pigment too! I love them all. The other lip pigment glossy hybrid one ( canโ€™t remember name forgive!) was quite opaque also with a pretty sheen and not sticky. The blush was that super bouncy texture with pretty good color, not sure if my favorite but a lot of colors. Oh and the micro eye liner gel pencil was so cool- just glided on. All available to buy next Friday at Nordstrom I guess. -:)Again, Iโ€™m impressed. The line needed it and they sure pulled it off! 

@Sunnysmom Oh I didn't even THINK about stopping by Nordstroms! Brilliant idea, I wonder if mine will have them out, gotta make a trip over for sure. 

@MissPuff Yeah I hope yours does! Am sure so. Mine have habit of discreetly having the new testers on a counter in a little box so u may not notice em unless u ask but I now sleuth around! ๐Ÿคฃ 

@Sunnysmom  Thanks for the tag!  Velvet Rope is gorgeous.  These are almost too pigmented for me, but I'm sure I'll give it a go. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6 I donโ€™t think you would think too pigmented if you saw in person but donโ€™t know. Maybe you would like the gel one better. Def check them out. Colors were more muted in the gels I think. More like their old lip shades but still updated. Love! 

Could you see the pics? Wonder whatโ€™s up. 

@Sunnysmom  Yes, I can see those beautiful swatches!  I'm so used to wearing muted colors, even though a little flash would brighten up my face.  I need to get used to it.  If I look ghoulish, I'm sure someone in my house would tell me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Ispend2much6 I hear you. And I have such a time with muted shades! Lucky you! Itโ€™s tough to go back from wearing the more vivid ones!  My lips are so pale and I just look ghastly if too pale. Show us if you get any!!๐Ÿ˜˜

thank you for those swatches @Sunnysmom the pigment looks great!

@Kim888 Arenโ€™t they pretty?! Iโ€™m so impressed! 

@Sunnysmom Wow gorgeous reds and the packaging is beautiful! Shiseido products have great aesthetics โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’„

@keana1@They really do. So good! Do we know if this is a D Page thing? I love him! His work, food, pups, attitude!! 

Oops nope. James B. Hadnโ€™t caught that on Shiseido thread! ๐Ÿ™„

Top to bottom- Dior 851,863, Sisley 42,43Top to bottom- Dior 851,863, Sisley 42,43

Some reds from new Dior and Sisley plus new BB camo - itโ€™s very pretty! Feel like all shades wearable with no duds plus the highlighting powder doesnโ€™t seem too over the top which I worried about. The camo green shade center right side is def the star of this guy I think! Muted it with cool grey over. Very nice! The Dior lips are great. Smooth yet light satiny matte. Good coverage. Usual good range of shades. Sisley is very good for more โ€œmature lipsโ€ (that be me!) needing the treatment built it plus quite long lasting. Tho pricey. Rationalizing bec of treatment ๐Ÿ˜ณโ˜บ๏ธStop the madness I canโ€™t take it! 

A bit shadowy w light. Iโ€™m sorry!A bit shadowy w light. Iโ€™m sorry!

Hi @Sunnysmom,

These lipstick swatches are so pretty! I've been wanting a new red lip! Thank you for sharing these photos with us. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

Happy to @RaquelBT. So fun to do- reds are my thing! 

Shoot sorry guys! Middle darkish shade is Dior Diable from new collection. Missed that one! 

@Sunnysmom, NICE lipstick swatches! If those are good for mature lips , count me in . The second one from the top reminds me of Besame Tango Red . I love lipstick that doesnโ€™t accentuate lip lines . Youโ€™re the BEST for taking the time for swatching to share with us . Iโ€™ll have to check these out . Iโ€™m willing to pay for good lipsticks since all I wear is lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. My skin hates foundation. Very sensitive. Iโ€™m off to shop on the Sephora site and check em out . Thanks again ๐Ÿค—

testing