Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Had to cross post this swatch of new Byredo Mad Red lip. It’s so beautiful. Intense stain and heavy click case too. It’s a deeper more jewel toned red than others by Byredo.  Excuse the dent , I already dropped it! 😭 @Guessgal you may love this one! 🥰

Byredo Mad RedByredo Mad Red580A95EC-6903-4417-B9FD-181D8ABCD58B.jpeg

Really beautiful shade @Sunnysmom !

It really is @makeitup305 ! 

@Sunnysmom Thank you for the tag! Yes, I love this type of deep red that’s a bit cool-toned (I think? I’m not good at describing tones). I also had no idea Byredo makes lipsticks now! Will have to take a browse 😉

Yes it’s def cool toned @Guessgal ! Should have added that! 😘 You should , you’ll prob love em! ( Think my other reds etc are swatches on here somewhere too. ) They are always included in store beauty event promos too. 😁 Nordies, NM, Saks etc! 

The new much awaited Chantecaille Perle highlighter balm and Perle blush with past illuminating powder and highlighter for comparison. I don’t really feel the creamy balm aspect to the new one but maybe a little. It seems to have more of a sheen, subtle and more smooth. Just so pretty. Blush is amazing. I’m a fan! 
Top- new highlighter balm, previous highlighter, illuminating powder ( can barely see but also a little sheen) and Perle blush. 

@blackkitty2014 @itsfi @curlychiquita @Ispend2much6 

9B2A3102-AA6A-4557-9EA4-D0890EEF71DB.jpeg

25BF1821-0B80-4D1D-AC1E-A7B88BE255CD.jpeg

Oh gee, @Sunnysmom, you're making me really want the highlighter!  

It is just so nice and subtle on @curlychiquita ! 💞

Thx you @Sunnysmom 🌹these are very pretty 🥰

Do you love yours @blackkitty2014 ?! 

Some of the new MAC variations on Ruby Woo. I like the Powder Kiss liquid a lot. The powder Kiss lipstick is very light. This is heavily swatched. Left to right - Rosalia Rusi Woo, Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo ( this feels much less matte than original which is great) , Powder Kiss Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo and Powder Kiss liquid Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo. Phew a lot of Woos 🤪. 
Sure wish US Sephora had MAC. I’ll always love their lippies. Tagging @Guessgal @blackkitty2014 and @WinglessOne for fun! 💄💋

472D848F-4A29-4D70-82C2-3FC03B802AE2.jpeg

E5FBBE6C-1E20-40B9-BB95-7E2693D4E40F.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Ooo I had no idea they came out with a liquid version, and with such a cute name too! 👻 They’re all beautiful, but I like the look of the second swatch the best! Thanks for sharing💋 

Ha, same @Guessgal of course! 🤗 Good old regular Ruby Woo! 🥰 Wonder why it feels different as says same formula. I can hardly wear the old retro matte but this one is much smoother. Maybe they revamped it or obv. Lol 

Oh my goodness… approve approve approve approve… will be hard to pick a favorite @Sunnysmom 😍 

Yup I can see you liking one @blackkitty2014 ! 😘

LYS Beauty Cream Blush 

LYS Beauty Cream Blush Stand.jpgLYS Cream Blush (swatches).jpg

These blushes are richly pigmented and beautiful. @Nahnom 

Really pretty @itsfi !  I got one shade when they came out and they do feel really nice don’t they?  Big too! Good value! 🤓

Thanks for the swatches, @itsfi !  Confidence has been on my Loves list for a while.  Your swatch is so helpful!  💖💖💖

@Titian06, Confidence is beautiful. ♥️ The formula of these blushes is really nice - the product glided on and there’s excellent pigment in these shades. I made 2 passes of the colors in my swatch but it wasn’t to deepen the shades so much as it was to provide for a larger swatch. 

@itsfi Yaasss!!! I just got notified this morning via reddit that 3 LYS blushes are in store displays.

LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Confident looks gorgeous & LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Kindness looks like a peach color here (and potential dupe for one of my color correctors) which is interesting because I saw swatches of it looking like a nude pink (maybe it's one of those products that look different depending on the undertone?).

Thank you!!! 😊💝

3,595 Replies