Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Anonymous Insider

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Hello,I find so many beautiful shades in Bite beauty's new Amuse Bouche line.But there ain't much swatches in the web .With me thinking what they may really look like,I would appriciate some savior swatches very much!

I really want to see both arm and lip swatches of

Sake,

Verbenna,

Chai,(what's it like in comparison to Shiraz?)

Molasses

Pepper

under different light conditions.

Thank you so much! 

I currently have Pepper and just ordered Sake, so in a couple days once I receive it, I can swatch those two for you! BTW Pepper is seriously beautiful!

I have posted swatches of Chai and Molasses in the BITE thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Upcoming-BITE-Beauty-Releases/m-p/2378939/highlight/true#M33289

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Upcoming-BITE-Beauty-Releases/m-p/2372725/highlight/true#M33057

Pepper is also in the old collection and there are swatches in that thread too.

Also, the reason you can't find many swatches is because the collection just launched a week ago, and isn't even available in stores yet.  Bite has been releasing swatches a shade a day on Snapchat.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you Mocha !

I know ,I've been a follower of you there!

Your posts are really helpful and are basically my daily checks.

Do you think Shiraz and Chai look alike?

I just need lip swatches so I can be more clear on the true colors.

Chai seems to be more like Glace but it sometimes seems to be more brown. 

Bite beauty ,what a sweet suffuring.

Here is a lip swatch of a few:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Upcoming-BITE-Beauty-Releases/m-p/2372613/highlight/true#M33046

I find Chai more pink/brown and Shiraz  more mauve on me, so they are similar, but not the same.  

I just received a Sake for my birthday, so I'll be able to post some photos shortly of that, too.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much!

I'll stay tuned to the Upcoming BITE beauty thread for your future posts!

Do you think Molasses is very close to UD's 1993 ?

I don't own 1993, but I do own a lot of colors that are considered similar to it.

I think Molasses is a bit darker than 1993 and has a bit more red to it.

Anonymous Insider

Roger that!Thank you Mocha!

Does anyone have a swatch of the Burberry single shadow in Pale Barley? I am looking for a new neutral slightly satiny/shimmery shadow and have been looking at this one for a while.

Getting it for you!

IMG_7816-2.JPG

Natural/cloudy light

L-R:

Pale Barley dry

Pale Barley wet (it sheers the color out a bit and adds a glow)

Stila Kitten

Nars DI Dione

Burberry Midnight Brown

I know you only asked for pale barley, but I thought I'd add a few other champagne/neutral shimmery washes I have on hand for comparison. Also, not what you asked for, but in case anyone wants to see it, I like pairing midnight brown with pale barley.

Fwiw, pale barley is the most used eyeshadow in my collection. I have the new version and love it:)

Thanks! Good comparison putting it next to Stila kitten as that's one of my favorite shadows, so it was good to see the differences.

You're welcome! Glad it worked out:)

I really thought it would be closer in color to Kitten. I was surprised at how dark Pale Barley is.

I did 2-3 swipes/layers of all except dione, so pale barley can be applied much lighter. I swatched it heavier because it was hard to distinguish from my skin as a light swatch. Hope that makes sense!

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clarifying!

I know this isn't high end or anything, but if anyone has swatches of the new elf cream blush palettes (especially Bold) or the new elf Satin Lipsticks would you mind sharing?  :3

Also can I get swatches of Nars Jane & Anita next to Audrey?

Thanks in advance!

I will do Jane, Anita, and Audrey for you tomorrow. PM me if I don't.

Lovely!  Thank you so so much!!

IMG_7082.jpg

From top: Anita, Jane, Audrey. Two swipes each.

Here is me in Jane: (I think...)

IMG_0548.JPG

ETA: WOW, look at that overdrawing on the top lip, and the really hard-edged pencil liner with the nude shadow... This was one of the first pics I ever posted on BT and BOY does it show lol. I don't do either of those things anymore.

7 Replies
testing