Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

IMG_7816-2.JPG

Natural/cloudy light

L-R:

Pale Barley dry

Pale Barley wet (it sheers the color out a bit and adds a glow)

Stila Kitten

Nars DI Dione

Burberry Midnight Brown

I know you only asked for pale barley, but I thought I'd add a few other champagne/neutral shimmery washes I have on hand for comparison. Also, not what you asked for, but in case anyone wants to see it, I like pairing midnight brown with pale barley.

Fwiw, pale barley is the most used eyeshadow in my collection. I have the new version and love it:)

Thanks! Good comparison putting it next to Stila kitten as that's one of my favorite shadows, so it was good to see the differences.

You're welcome! Glad it worked out:)

I really thought it would be closer in color to Kitten. I was surprised at how dark Pale Barley is.

I did 2-3 swipes/layers of all except dione, so pale barley can be applied much lighter. I swatched it heavier because it was hard to distinguish from my skin as a light swatch. Hope that makes sense!

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clarifying!

I know this isn't high end or anything, but if anyone has swatches of the new elf cream blush palettes (especially Bold) or the new elf Satin Lipsticks would you mind sharing?  :3

Also can I get swatches of Nars Jane & Anita next to Audrey?

Thanks in advance!

I will do Jane, Anita, and Audrey for you tomorrow. PM me if I don't.

Lovely!  Thank you so so much!!

IMG_7082.jpg

From top: Anita, Jane, Audrey. Two swipes each.

Here is me in Jane: (I think...)

IMG_0548.JPG

ETA: WOW, look at that overdrawing on the top lip, and the really hard-edged pencil liner with the nude shadow... This was one of the first pics I ever posted on BT and BOY does it show lol. I don't do either of those things anymore.

I have one around here somewhere too....

Fotd_2015.02.07.jpg

2015.10.26_01.jpg

Wow, did not realize Jane was that brown.  Thank you so much!

You're welcome! Jane is ridiculously gorgeous; it's a color I recommend all the time. Mocha (and probably others) have on-lip photos in the Audie thread (http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941) or I can dig up a picture of me wearing it. Lemme know if you want that.

Anonymous Insider

For @meganlisa, wait, I can't tag.

Naked Coral-Paradiso-Forbidden pink. The one next to Naked Coral is Spanish pink. Spanish pink and Naked Coral is somewhat similar in undertone, but Naked Coral has more coral-red, and definitely  much brighter, not as nude. Not as pigmented as some others (e.g. First Time), but wears opaque on my lips and conceal redness on my lip and shows its pretty color well! FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Top to bottom, Velvet Violet, Flamingo, Flash of Pink, Michael (L&B).  Cool violet pink, with LOTS of glitters, and well, I'm not a big fan of glitters on lips (I love them one eyes), but the pink glitters seem very pretty. Even compared to Michael, it has much more pink glitters in it. May feel a little gritty, not enough to bother or make it apply unevenly/patchy. Maybe I should buy Pure Pink as well, if it's glitter-less. 

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

These shades are gorgeous.  So rich and pigmented.  Wow!  Thanks for posting.  I might be adding one or two...

Anonymous Insider

I can see Naked Coral totally being oh so pretty shade for spring and summer...although I don't mind wearing spring-y, summer-y shades in any season. 

Flash of Pink is pretty too, and I'm just debating whether Pure Pink will be different from it 0.0 I need to do guess works since I don't have any stores nearby (I'm guessing the nearest one to be 4+hrs away). 

The pinks are both pretty...but TF also has a few new eye shadow palettes coming out early 2016...

Such a shame the nearest store is so far from you so you can't just go try it on.  

I'm considering naked coral.  Lovely!  I'm mostly in warm weather...so the spring/summer collections are the most practical for me.

Anonymous Insider

I know!!! I think there's at least two that I'd buy, just guessing from the name (Honeymoon, Last Dance, and possibly Disco dust...). Hopefully I end up getting no more than two 😞

You and me both!  For some reason I feel more guilty about eye shadow than lipstick...and I have a lot of eye shadow...

Anonymous Insider

Me too, perhaps because I can change my lip colors throughout the day if I want to...? 

I do have quite a lot of eye shadows as well. Not as many as some others, mainly because my preference is pretty limited for eye colors. I actually had so many overlapping ones that I don't use, I gave my friend $200+ worth of makeups that I only used 2~3X and instead of thinking 'I have enough", I'm thinking 'whoa, now I have a room for a few more'. After all, how can one skip something named Honeymoon, Last Dance, etc.?

5 Replies
testing