Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Anonymous Insider

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Steph, I swatched everything from the matte and full throttle and loaded it to my Twitter on the 31st.

I haven't worn it much but the Full Throttle lipstick is like a liquid lipstick in normal lipstick form, if that makes any sense. It's ultra matte and very water resistant. Beware Ulta pictures! I didn't think half of these shades were gonna be this vampy, and Dark Era and Crazed look totally different to me from the picture.

From your swatches I'm excited about Up the Bass, Goal Digger, Dark Era, and Con Artist:)

They all look a bit darker on my lips but beautiful none the less. Up the Bass is probably my favorite right now, just because I don't own anything near that shade

Can anyone swatch the Guerlain Holiday Matte Liquid Lipstick for me please?

And Tom Ford First Time Lipstick too?

Anonymous Insider

I don't have first time but Spanish pink is so comfortable to wear and such a pretty nude.

They are very different, top to bottom:

TF James

Guerlain Holiday Matte

TF First Time

Guerlain Holiday Rouge G

Swatch.JPG

Anonymous Insider

IMG_3353.JPG

L->R: First time (two coat), First time (one coat), TF Flamingo, TF Spanish pink.

On lips, First time is def. matte, has more red (like a dried rose petals?), compared to TF spanish pink.  

Anonymous Insider

On my lips: IMG_3364.PNGIt's more nude-ish pink, less orange (slightly warm, but definitely not what I'd describe as coral). I have a cool-pink/red-ish lips. 

The lighting was little warm, so when I look at mirror outside/more neutral light, it's cooler than how it looks in the pic above...

It looks gorgeous on you! I feel the need to buy this!

Anonymous Insider

If you don't have TF spanish pink or you just love matte lips, I'll say go for it!  

Thank you:D

I have both can swatch it when I get home ~3hrs

I have First Time but not the Guerlain holiday matte 

can someone swatch nars audacious lipsticks in 'charlotte' and 'ingrid'? please and thank you.

alright, charlotte and ingrid. obvs ingrid is the darker one. 

i adore both of these. ingrid is the darker one, obvs. love both of these dearly.

charlotte is an oxblood burgundy which i find has a very special 'brightness' when on the lips that i can't quite explain. ingrid is a purple with slight brown (as opposed to blue) undertones.

char-ingrid-swatch.jpg

Oh wow.  Now I feel like I need Ingrid.  Just checked though and it seems Sephora and Nordstrom don't have it online. 😞

Ingrid is barneys/NARS exclusive

Ohh haha that would make sense then!  Thanks Mocha!

thank you!!! confirmed that i need both.  also, i want to squeeze andy..he's so d*mn cute!

1 Reply
testing