Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Cosign on the Elf small stipple brush.  I also have a larger stippling brush from the Sephora contour brush set, and it's divine.

http://www.sephora.com/flatter-yourself-contouring-brush-set-P384889?skuId=1564566

Yay - I have this brush and have NEVER used it (got it in a sub box). I bought one of the Becca Souffles but wasn't happy with various applications. Going to try this tomorrow... Thanks!

I know you didn't ask me but cream products are my jam.  One piece of advice is use your fingers and tap don't swipe to get the color on your skin than you sweep a bit to blend out.  

Snapchat-7268558433435877795.jpg

These are swatches from the new NYX releases at the behest of guzelkiz.  Top down: soft matte lip cre in Budapest, soft matte lip cream in Rome, then matte lipsticks Ultra Dare, Bare with Me, Up the Bass, Goal Digger, Dark Era, and Crazed. The last is a new formula called Full Throttle lipstick in the shade Con Artist and it's super matte compared to the Matte lipsticks. I hope these are helpful because I wasn't able to find swatches of these online or on YouTube and beware the colors in the tube in Ulta's pictures are really different for some.

Anonymous Insider

Goal Digger, Dark Era, Crazed, and Con Artist were my favorites. I think you came out pretty accurate, crazed is hard to photo... it is slightly rusty in comparison to Con Artist (clay brick red).

Yeah that's a perfect description. I didn't attempt to describe them because most likely I'd say the opposite. How do you feel about the new lipstick formula?

Anonymous Insider

I like the waterproof formula, it made a nicer swatch than the mattes. Since the shades are similar to a lot of the high voltage and the bullets are around the same, I would not be surprised in the slightest if the reason Nyx has been giving away High Voltage has been to sunset the line. The only reason that would irritate me is that I have come to love Feline. That being said, overall I think the colors they have are very well chosen to what's trending. The bullet tip shape looks gimicky though.

I'm with Steph, can't wait for a 40% or a decent coupon and b1g1 50% sale to pick up my favorites. I'm passing on Ultra Dare though because I have a longer lasting lipstick clamshell of that color from MBA called Smoke Screen.

These are gorgeous! Squee, new shades!

The picture is taken with flash, so do keep that in mind, but I think picture came out true to the colors in real life. The top two are "my lips but darker" colors on me, so probably good nude shades for medium to dark skin tones.

Patiently waiting for Ulta to have a sale on Nyx lip products so I can go crazy with all the new stuff!

Anonymous Insider

Steph, I swatched everything from the matte and full throttle and loaded it to my Twitter on the 31st.

I haven't worn it much but the Full Throttle lipstick is like a liquid lipstick in normal lipstick form, if that makes any sense. It's ultra matte and very water resistant. Beware Ulta pictures! I didn't think half of these shades were gonna be this vampy, and Dark Era and Crazed look totally different to me from the picture.

From your swatches I'm excited about Up the Bass, Goal Digger, Dark Era, and Con Artist:)

They all look a bit darker on my lips but beautiful none the less. Up the Bass is probably my favorite right now, just because I don't own anything near that shade

Can anyone swatch the Guerlain Holiday Matte Liquid Lipstick for me please?

And Tom Ford First Time Lipstick too?

Anonymous Insider

I don't have first time but Spanish pink is so comfortable to wear and such a pretty nude.

They are very different, top to bottom:

TF James

Guerlain Holiday Matte

TF First Time

Guerlain Holiday Rouge G

Swatch.JPG

Anonymous Insider

IMG_3353.JPG

L->R: First time (two coat), First time (one coat), TF Flamingo, TF Spanish pink.

On lips, First time is def. matte, has more red (like a dried rose petals?), compared to TF spanish pink.  

Anonymous Insider

On my lips: IMG_3364.PNGIt's more nude-ish pink, less orange (slightly warm, but definitely not what I'd describe as coral). I have a cool-pink/red-ish lips. 

The lighting was little warm, so when I look at mirror outside/more neutral light, it's cooler than how it looks in the pic above...

It looks gorgeous on you! I feel the need to buy this!

Anonymous Insider

If you don't have TF spanish pink or you just love matte lips, I'll say go for it!  

2 Replies
testing