cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Primer Suggestions

349DBAA8-B926-4B3E-BA91-53EC606F0B83.jpeg

So I have combination skin and I recently tried the Rare Beauty primer and it does a nice job of smoothing the appearance of my skin, but after a few hours I look super oily. I don’t know what to do, and I use the Laura Mercier translucent powder too, but I think the issue is my primer. I’ve tried the Milk primer before too, and it separates the makeup pretty quickly, so I wasn’t a fan of that. Any recommendations for a good oil control primer that is combination skin friendly?

Re: Primer Suggestions

Fenty Beauty / Pro Filter Soft Matte.

I'm also in search of the perfect primer for my oily tzone but I have found the setting spray. Tarte Tape Shape stay spray really keeps me from being oily for at least 6 hrs. I was surprised I passed the three hr mark!

Currently using Nars primer which I've used by itself and doesn't work the same. So the tarte spray is it. 

try Estée Lauder ‘Mattifier’ primer!

@maryyousif I usually use 2 different primers on my face.  I use MAC prep and prime skin refined zone on my t zone and Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer everywhere else on my face.

Hi, I have oily skin also. I have YET to find a primer that keeps me from needing a touch up or blotting powder throughout the day. But I will say, the Tarte  smoothing primer (comes in a jar) is the best for the truly oily areas - like T-zone area.
I heard about this stuff from Tati Westbrook, and as usual, she is right! 

and if you want to be extra - You could do a regular primer on your face (like urban decay all-nighter primer) and then add the Tarte primer to your t-zone area, or wherever you are most oily. Its pretty effective at controlling oil so I use it on the “hotspots”and let the rest of my skin breathe with a more “regular” primer. Hope this helps! 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 349DBAA8-B926-4B3E-BA91-53EC606F0B83.jpeg
testing