cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CynthieLu Thank you very much! I was happy to empty my empties bag. It was getting full!

My little Empties bin was filling up so it was time.

20240428_143005.jpg

Spoiler
The Main Street Bakery is the wild card here; it smells like banana pudding for the first two or three burns and after that I swear, it just smells like butter in the weirdest way possible.  
Spoiler
Spoiler

20240428_143320.jpg

Spoiler
-The Cinnamon Bun scrub smelled FABULOUS
-The Garnier shampoo was actually pretty good!  Might pick it up again someday.
-Kerastase Premiere set: still on the fence on these.  Not bad but not my favs.
-Bluebird Lacquer's Cranberry Cobbler body butter was more like a lotion rather than a butter but the scent was like Christmas in a jar.  I hope it's releases again next year,

20240428_143508.jpg

Spoiler
-Historically I've been a huge fan of the Lancome Monsieur Big mascara but I think it's been dethroned *gasp* by the YSL Lash Clash mascara.  The entire time that I was using the tube of MB this time around I kept wishing that I was using Lash Clash instead.
-I'm surprised by how much I hated the GR Plum Plump moisturizer!  It smelled disgusting and I found the texture to be so odd because it was almost greasy-feeling (and looking) even on my dry skin but it didn't feel like it actually hydrated my skin.  

20240428_143618.jpg

Spoiler
-The standout here was the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sungel.  I have a full size on the way to me because I loved this!

20240428_143757.jpg

Spoiler
-The best of the bunch were the Patchology eye gels.  I LOVE those when my eyes are tired or day and I swear I can see a major difference after using these gels.

20240428_143845.jpg

Spoiler
-Declutters; RIP Melt Blushlighters.  I've had these since they were first released (three or four years ago now?) and I really enjoyed them until recently.  Over the last few months I've noticed that they've changed in texture, they apply so patchily whenever I try to use them, and they just don't last on my skin like they did when they were newer and fresher.  As a result I don't want to wear them anymore so it's just time to let them go.

Excellent job @CookieGirl1 ! 

@CookieGirl1 Rip Melt products. Great job on everything else! Even the weird texture and smelling stuff. 

@CookieGirl1 Great batch of empties! 

Wonderfull work this month @CookieGirl1 💝🎉

Sorry to hear your blushes expired on you. You got a few years out of them, that's impressive! 😄

Oooh GR Plum Moisturizer is a huge favorite of my skin,  such a bummer it was a huge miss for you. Hopefully you are on to something fabulous for your skin soon. 

@CynthieLu Yeah, I'm pretty happy with getting a few years' worth of use out of the blushes.  They were super-pretty when they were in their prime but now they're kind of...chunky.

3 years is pretty fantastic @CookieGirl1 👌👌

Great empties!  You use some amazing products 

@CookieGirl1  great empties! I have heard good things about that YSL mascara.

@caitbird I LOVE it.  It's very volumizing and it doesn't budge whatsoever.

@CookieGirl1 nicely done! You got through so much stuff this month.

Ysl lash clash you say?? Lol @CookieGirl1 butter?? Ewwww idk how I'd feel about that!! Great empties

@lmaster Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara definitely has left other mascaras in the dust for me.  And the butter scent was...interesting.  Not necessarily a fav, lol.

Well you did hit pan in one blush even before they start to turn so I still call it a success @CookieGirl1 👍 Great jobs

@blackkitty2014 thanks!  Both blushes definitely got quite a bit of love so I'm not too mad about parting with them at this point.

I usually collect all my empties in a big bag until I have a decent batch and then pull them out to take a quick picture for this thread, before finally consigning them to beauty product heaven 😂 It's been a while since the last time, so these empties are from the last few months (ish). I will try to go left to right - ETA my thoughts are under a spoiler bc this got long 😅

20240428_161746-01.jpeg

Spoiler
Ulta big shower gel was part of a free GWP and took me forever to get through. I did like it, but unfortunately this particular scent (something sparkling berry, I think??) seems to be discontinued or LE, and none of the others they have available appealed to me. It did get me into using shower gels, though. Little Body Shop shower gel was a million years old, I stumbled upon it stashed away and finally used it up. Still smelled good but not my favorite. Glossier Lash Slick Lift and Lengthening Mascara  is one of my faves, specifically for a more natural or no-makeup look. I also sometimes will use it on my lower lashes even when using another mascara on my top lashes, as it's one of the only mascaras I've tried that doesn't smudge under my eyes. I got a fairly good use out of it before going to use it recently and it was all dried up 😭 Fortunately I already had a replacement in the wings. Finally finished The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum  which was one of my first skincare purchases back in the day. I like it, and have the jumbo size to work my way through next. However, I think after that I'll try sticking with serums that combine HA with other benefits, to try and simplify my routine a little bit. Various moisturizer minis ranging from Glow Recipe Mini Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer .68 oz / 20 mL & Youth To The People Mini Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  & Herbivore Aquarius Pore Purifying BHA Cream 1.7oz/50ml (all nice, but I have others I like better) to Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich Face Cream with Ceramides 1.7 oz / 50 mL  (not for me, the lavender scent is overpowering). Burt's Bees lip shimmer is a longtime favorite, and watermelon is one of my favorite colors. I need to pick up a replacement. Glossier You deodorant is my favorite ever - I love the scent, and it lasts all day for me. I just bought 3 more. Crystal lavender deo is my other go-to, which has the benefit of being cheaper. amika Mini Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo was part of a Sephora sampler set I think? It worked fine, but was more strongly scented than I prefer and didn't last long, even for its size. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo was a free GWP (or maybe a birthday gift?) from Ulta, and again was way too strongly scented for my taste. I will be sticking with Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo  which is my 🐐 (to borrow from @itsfi ). Living Proof Full Conditioner 24 oz/ 710 mL and R+Co Biotin Shampoo were both fine, but I still haven't found my go-to shampoo and conditioner. R+Co detangling spray works fine, but I find I need to use a lot of it each use (granted, my hair is very long) - I am already nearly done with a second one. I think I will try a leave in conditioner next. Speaking of, L'Oreal Elvive leave in conditioner was ancient - I have no idea if they even still make that one, that's how long ago I bought it - but still worked okay. 

I swear I didn't mean to write that much 😅 If you read through that whole thing, you get a virtual 🍪

@caitbird Awesome empties!

@Mellmars1185  thank you!

@caitbird great hair products

@CorgiMommy  thank you!

10,933 Replies
testing