cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@lmasterI really like it so I would probably pay full price if I had too but I found a bunch at Winners awhile ago and stocked up,so I think I only paid about $20 a package.This peel really leaves my skin smooth but at the same time I don't find it overly harsh and it isn't drying.

Oh now you're making it harder to resist @Seymore3 😆

I spy the PTR pumpkin mask - it’s so good! Nice work on the lip balms @Seymore3! 😊

Here are my February empties.

Favs

IMG_20200305_234352.jpg

Spoiler
The Differin helps control my breakouts, I'm happy I can get it OTC and have gotten a larger size since this worked well. I was surprised how much I liked the consistency of the Origins. I would consider trying a larger size to see how well it works, but I am drowning in eye cream samples. I was really happy with this Mitomo mask; my pores looked wicked small the next day, but my face felt nicely moisturized. I am happy I have a pack of them to keep using.

Good to Oks

IMG_20200305_234539.jpg

Spoiler
The Boscia, Love Wellness, and Glow Recipe are good enough to warrant repurchasing. I liked the Ouia oil, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I have liked the Tony Moly foot peel, but this time around it took longer to start the peeling and didn't peel as much. The Cactus mask was just fine, probably wouldn't repurchase though.

Meh/Nopes

IMG_20200305_234640.jpgIMG_20200305_234915.jpg

Spoiler
The IT cleanser was fine. I would use again, but definitely wouldn't purchase or go out of my way to use it. I found all of the lip balms to be lacking in moisture. I was most disappointed by the Fresh one. It smells SOOOO good, but just didn't last. And it was may more expensive than the other two. I am decluttering the deodorants. They gave both my bf and I rashes/irritation on our skin. The DE was technically expired, so I was using it on days that I wasn't going to see much sun. I freaking hate the stuff. I should not feel the need to use it if it comes across my life again.

Totals for Feb/(year totals): 5 FS (10), 5 DS (8), 4 Foils (8), 2 Declutters (4).

I still didn't hit my 20 goal, but I got closer. I am travelling in March, so hopefully I make a good dent in things and can bring the average up!

That's a great goal! @snoflakefaerie hopefully you get closer next month 😉

@snoflakefaerie, do you apply the Differin gel every night? 

There are a handful of DE products I steer clear of; the sunscreen being one of them - I had a bad reaction to some ingredient in the sunscreen. It was not good, to say the least.

@itsfi I don't use the Differin every night. At most I use it every other night because I use Drunk Elephant TLC on the off days, the two pretty much control my acne. I think my skin would be able to tolerate using nightly if I wanted though. 

@snoflakefaerie did the Kopari not work or what didn't you like? I haven't tried that one so I'm curious. Thanks!

@ShortErica  (I wrote a novel so it's under the spoiler.)

Spoiler
This was my first time trying deodorant, natural or otherwise. I've been using Secret Invisible solid for like 20 years. I knew it wouldn't totally control my sweat or odor, which I could maybe manage. However, it left me with the worst rash/breakout/irritation I've ever had on my armpits (normally I don't get irritated at all). I'm not sure if it was because there was more friction due to the lack of slip in the deodorant, or if the ingredients were irritating or both. I stopped using it sometime in early/mid February and I still have red marks. 

So on top of the inflammation, I needed to use a low pH spray to control odor (which I generally use with antiperspirant, too), but it still wasn't enough to get me through a bartending/floor managing shift without smelling bad. All the factors combined, it wasn't worth it to me. But I'm not sure any natural deo will work with my body and lifestyle. I did try it once more before deciding to declutter and I had a couple red bumps at the end of the day.

I heard the charcoal one is a little more irritating than the regular one, but I had let my bf try that one, and he pretty much used it up, so I couldn't try it. He did say it caused him irritation, too. He has really sensitive skin, and only uses deodorant; he said it worked fine to control odor for him. I still have the fragrance free sample one, but he refuses to use it due to irritation and he's usually willing to use any toiletry I don't like.

I appreciate the novel @snoflakefaerie. I'm so sorry you had such a horrible reaction. And the fact that it hasn't completely disappeared is a bit terrifying. I don't know that it will be on my to-try list based on your review. I've had the best luck with Schmidt's but I know everyone's skin and needs are different.

@ShortErica I should clarify that the red marks I have are PIH like scars, not anything that is still inflamed or irritated. 

Oh okay, still sorry you had such problems @snoflakefaerie.

My February empties - including my travel empties I posted mid-February, I had 89 empties for February, resulting in a year-to-date empties total of 115. 

LOVES3.2020 Loves.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves
  • belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb - this really is such a reliable moisturizer for me in the fall and winter months. 
  • Capri Blue Candle (Volcano) 
  • Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Shampoo and Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Conditioner - the scent reminds me of banana runts and that's a good thing. I received this as part of a gratis box. These are repurchase-worthy, but I need to get through a couple of shampoo and conditioner sets that I already have. 
  • Clinique Take the Day Off Balm - a lot of brands have been putting out some fabulous cleansers and cleansing balms. The Clinique TTDO balm was one of the first cleansing balms I used and it'll always have a place in my skincare library
  • Biore Nose Strips - this OG remains supreme when it comes to nose strips. 
  • Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water (Sensitive Skin) - I've long ago stopped counting how many bottles of these I've purchased over the years; this is the one.
  • the lip scrub by Sara Happ (Vanilla Bean) - this brand/flavor was the first lip scrub I ever used. I try to have one in my skincare collection at all times.
  • Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner (Bare) - I purchased this intending to use it to line my waterline and inner corners of the eyes, but ended up using it as (and liking it more as) lip liner. 
  • Blithe Patting Splash Mask - Soothing Green Tea - splash masks are wonderful time savers - you can get through a full routine in less time without compromising on effectiveness.

3.2020 Loves 2.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves (cont'd)
Some of these sheet masks were from January that I forgot to include.
  • It's Skin Prestige Essence Masque D'Escargot Hydro-Gel Eye Patch and It's Skin Prestige Essence Masque D'Escargot Slim Nude-Cell Sheet
  • The Creme Shop Cica-Mend Animal Face Mask
  • Benton Goodbye Redness Centella Mask Pack
  • Dr. Wu Hydrating System Extreme Hydrate Bio-Cellulose Mask with Hyaluronic Acid
  • Erborian Bamboo Shot 
  • Peripera Juice Time Strawberry Mask Sheet (Revitalizing)
  • MaskMomo Puri Milk Jelly Mask

3.2020 Loves 3.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves (cont'd)
  • TonyMoly Premium Rx Horseyu Mask Sheet - this masks has helped me understand what it means when people say you can't help who (or in this case what) you fall in love with 😉
  • Mamonde Flower Lab Essence Mask (Rose)
  • Yadah Collagen Mask Pack
  • MediLab+ Black Rose Ampoule Mask Pack Ultra Aqua
  • SNP Ice Bear Cica Mask
  • Elensilia-IntraCELL Escargot + Caviar Repairing Mask
  • Sephora Pearl Face Mask 
  • Night No Sheet, It's Silk Golden Silk Sheet Mask

LOVES - LIKES3.2020 Loves - Likes.jpeg

Spoiler
Loves - Likes
  • belif Body Bomba (Ylang Ylang) - I'm glad I didn't write off this body lotion. It was one of the products I selected for my 2020 project pan and I've rediscovered my affinity for it. 
  • The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Fresh Icy Soothing Face Mask - makes a great post-workout or after sun mask. The cute animal on the front is supposed to be a lion. It looks like a bear to me and I'm sticking with that.
  • Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra Hydrating Face Oil - this one checks off so many boxes for me. There's one other honey oil I like more but the price tag on that one makes it a pass for me.
  • Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask 
  • Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack Wash Off Pack (Aloe)

LIKES3.2020 Likes.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Oh K! Snail Sheet Mask
  • Jean Pierre Hint of Rose Rose Water Infused Hydration Sheet Mask
  • Secret Nature Nourishing Coconut Mask Sheet
  • The Face Shop Nature Eco Sun Baby Mild Sunscreen Cushion
  • Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 
  • 8 Greens 8G Dietary Supplement - these are great for on the go. The lemon-lime taste isn't bad, but I prefer the taste of actual green juice.
  • Saint Jane Luxury Beauty Serum

OKAY’s3.2020 Okay.jpeg

Spoiler
Okay's
  • TonyMoly Pure Farm Collagen Hydrogel Mask
  • Too Cool For School Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask
  • Secret Nature Moisturizing Rose Mask Sheet
  • Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Eye Cream - okay as an eye cream; my preferred usage is as a serum
  • MAC Cleanse Off Oil
  • Medca Hydro-Band Acne Patch - not sure if the pack I purchased is nearing the end of its shelf-life but this one feels gummier than other similar products
  • Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion
  • Dr. Roebuck's No Worry Hydrating Face Moisturizer

MEHs & NOs3.2020 Meh No.jpeg

Spoiler
MEH
  • Sephora The Rose Gold Mask
  • Dr. Jart All That Contours - the underside of my chin and jawline area are prone to clogged pores so I typically make adjustments to the length of a sheet mask. Since this one has built in ear hooks it makes it difficult to do that without removing much of the lower portion of the mask and the ear hooks. 
  • Too Cool For School Egg Mellow Body Butter
  • method.body Deep Detox Body Wash - I like the most of the varietals in this line but the scent on this one isn't my favorite. The cucumber and green tea I enjoy but the seaweed is a bit too ... seaweed-y for my nose.
NO (I ended up decluttering both of these items)
  • Burt's Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm (Tropical Pineapple) - when I think balms, I think something that will help soften and moisturize my lips. This felt hard against my lips and took too much effort to get it even the slightest of product from the tube onto my lips. 
  • Tarte SEA Surfer Curl Volumizing Mascara - this has a drier formulation and I initially really liked it, but after a few uses, it started to flake and smudge, and clump my lashes together. 

BREAKDOWN

Spoiler

MTD
YTD
Full size
Deluxe / travel / mini
Foil
Total

MTD
YTD
Skincare
Makeup
Hair care
Bath & Body
Nails
Wellness
Other
Total

@itsfi I was reading though nodding my head all the way through your post.  Gotta ask... what's a splash mask?

@missjeanie, a "splash mask" is a highly concentrated liquid that usually consists of an exfoliating acid (i.e., glycolic, lactic, etc.), glycerin and certain other good-for-your-skin ingredients, depending on the intended purpose of the splash mask. The idea is that the potency of the 'splash mask' condenses the traditional 15-20 minute sheet mask session to about 15 seconds. I KNOW!! 15 seconds!!

It's usually marketed as a toner, mask and moisturizer in one product. There's usually a couple of different ways you can use a splash mask. One, is in the shower - hop in the shower, measure out a 1/2 capful of the 'splash mask', pour into cupped palms and then pat the 'splash mask' onto face for 15 seconds as the water from the shower is mixed in with the splash mask as you "splash" your face with the liquid and the water from the shower head. After patting face dry, I follow up with my moisturizer and sunblock.

Another way to use it is to fill a deep bowl with water and then add a half a capful into the bowl and then splash your face with the mixture before patting dry and following up with moisturizer and sunblock.  It retexturizes the skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. 

There's several different splash masks out there. Sephora used to carry 3 from Blithe and 1 from boscia, but no longer stocks them. In addition to those 2 brands, Skinfood also makes a splash mask.

@itsfi How have I never heard of this??? This sounds absolutely wonderful!  I've been doing more gentle scrubs lately to cut down on time and rinsing them in shower.  I'm so pumped to explore this new genre of masking, thanks so much for the introduction! Do you have a favourite splash mask?

Great job! @itsfi 😋😋😋

@itsfi 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Great job @itsfi too bad the cute pig mask didn't make the cut

@lmaster, I feel like I’m extra picky when it comes to hydrogel sheet masks. That coupled with having used a lot of really good sheet masks this past meant a sheet mask had a higher bar to clear to get noticed. I wouldn’t dash out the door to look for it but I’d use this one again. 

Good to know! @itsfi 

4,819 Replies