cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@missjeanie, if it makes you feel better, I had the "genius" idea of aiming to pan 22 items in 2022. Yep, genius. 😜 A lot of hacks and lessons were learned that year. 🤣 My original plan for 2024 consisted of 10 products, 14 goals. I will be going back to the original plan.

Wonderful empties @ather! I love that there are a couple of repurchased beauties here! A sign of a product that works well. ♥️ I love that Ouai serum.

@itsfi  Thanks! I’ve definitely gotten my skincare routine down to a science when I’m using my loves!!! Ahhh that Ouai is the best! 

@ather Awesome empties! I want to try the OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL next. Once I am finished my Fable and Mane I am changing things up. I also heard great feedback from @itsfi on it. I would love to know your thoughts on the JVN when you get a chance to try it out.

@Mellmars1185  Yay! The Ouai is amazing! I’ve used the JVN 3 times. I like it. But I need more use to put it to the test. The Ouai I felt helped more hair grow. And my hair feels stronger. But could be multiple different things that could have helped!! 

@Mellmars1185, I feel like my hair reaps the benefits of my being on BIC. I would never have tried the Ouai on my own and now it’s a mainstay in my hair care. I’ve noticed consistent volume at the crown that I was never able to get even with getting my hair cut a certain way, or using certain styling products. It’s been gifted to others and I’ve picked up one for myself as well. ♥️

@ather I feel like a lot of people really like the Rhode skin products; I probably need to try something one of these days.

@CookieGirl1  I think it’s like any skincare brand. Some work well for me and maybe not others. Probably also depends where you’re living and how the climate is! I’m currently using her whole line and my skin has never been better! You should try it if you get a chance! My only criticism about the brand is I wish she would release something for aging skin. Since that’s my main concern 😂

@atherThat Inkey retinol eye cream is nice and gentle but does a good job. I stole share my wife’s tube. 

@JoSometimes  Ahhhj I love it! My mom was here for Christmas visiting and she was “sharing” my skincare! Although she was having a hard time finding it. I put it in my room before she came so I wasn’t taking over the bathroom too much! 

@ather Sharing is caring! I hope her trip was a good one!

@JoSometimes  we had a great visit! 

@ather  Finishing 3 full sizes is awesome 👏 

@Cissy63  Thank you! Feels good. But I’m sad my Ouai is gone. It was definitely a fav! 

I haven’t posted in a while and amassed quite a collection. I need to make a trip down to a PACT drop box sometime soon. 

IMG_6723.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

IMG_6228.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

Loves

Spoiler
belif Aqua Bomb Brightening Vitamin C Cream with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 
Hydrating and brightening at the same time! I enjoyed this one a lot. I MIGHT purchase the full size.

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL 
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE this spray for irritating. Already repurchased!

Tower 28 Beauty SOS Intensive Redness Relief Serum 2 oz / 59 mL 
This one is also amazing! It’s a bit pricey, but I might repurchase the next time my skin needs extra help.

The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum 1 oz / 30 ml 
My skin thoroughly enjoyed this serum. It helped me get through some dry flakiness. Already repurchased. 

Dove 7-in-1 miracle spray
It helps with styling and conditioning. My hair always feels softer after using it. I also use it to help derange my girls’ hair. Already repurchased. 

Revolution Ceramide Fix Setting Spray
One of my favourite setting sprays and affordable too! The ceramides help make my skin feel soft and hydrated after applying makeup. Already repurchased. 

COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
This one’s a nice, gentle cleanser that’s safe for sensitive skin and has a nice invigorating scent. I would repurchase but Byoma’s cleanser is so much easier to pick up at Shoppers.

First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 
This is an amazing hydration bomb just before makeup. I use it as the transition from my skincare routine to my makeup routine on days that I decide to wear a full face. Will definitely repurchase. 

Quo Glowy Lip Balm Peach
My current daily balm. It’s aptly named; glowy but not too glossy. It’s hydrating enough and I often use it over my Peripera lip stains.

Etude House Soon Jung Cica Balm
A thick, calming balm, though not quite as thick as Vaseline or aquaphor. This is my current final layer of skincare these days, especially since the air is cold and dry. Repurchased already!

Spoiler
SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof 08 Chocolate brown 
I love the pencil but not this shade. It was too light for me. I grabbed it thinking it was a different shade. I just used it because it wasn’t worth the effort to exchange. Already purchased a better shade for me. 

Avene Tri Xera Lotion
I did like how moisturizing this was without being too thick and heavy. I just wish it wasn’t so pricey!

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
Its supposed to help blur pores. I could still see them. It did okay nicely with my skincare and foundation and I never had an issue with pilling. I have other primers that I’m currently using.

Pass

Spoiler
Clinique Smart Night Cream for Dry Skin
A nice creamy moisturizer, perfect for night time. I have other things that I enjoy, so I probably won’t end up buying the full size. 

Clarins eyelash SOS Serum Mascara
As a mascara, it was underwhelming. I could see it coat my lashes but it didn’t do much for length or volume. I ended up using it as a primer and it did a good job of keeping my lashes separate. Too expensive to use as a primer, so I’m passing on it. 

Benefit Cosmetics Mini Fan Fest Fanning & Volumizing Mascara Hyper Black 
I got this as a sample from my brow tech friend who works at the Benefit brow bar at Sephora. It was a good mascara that added length and volume. It was occasionally clumpy but when teamed with the Clarins serum mascara as a primer, it behaved better. I have Hourglass mascara from the holiday gratis and I’m enjoying that one much more. 

Destash

Spoiler
Maybelline Master Prime
This one is a mattifying primer. It was drying out my skin whenever I tried to use it, so it’s not sticking around. 

Hard Candy Colour Corrector Peach
I bought this hoping it would help with covering up my beard shadow. It was too sheer and didn’t do much. It’s just taking up space in my makeup cabinet, so out it goes. 

You've made excellent progress!! @JoSometimes 

Thank you @lmaster! I already have a small batch of empties for this month. 

It really is @missjeanie! I had some irritation on my hand earlier today and just spritzed it with the T28 spray. It calmed down enough for me to stop scratching. 

@JoSometimes, Always nice to see a bunch of skincare. The Avene sounds like a wonderful moisturizer for the colder months. That brand is underrated. 

@itsfi My wife likes Avene. She  switched to some of their cleansers after Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm left Canada. She has the exact opposite skin as me, oily and non-sensitive, so our skincare routines don’t overlap much. 

The Avene moisturizer was also helpful in taming a flare up on my girls. As much as I hoped they wouldn’t inherit my skin, sadly, they did. 

10,744 Replies
testing