cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CookieGirl1 Great work going into the New Year! 🎊

@CynthieLu @makeitup305 thank you!

@CookieGirl1, those B&BW candles create a winter wonderland feel; your home must have smelled amazing.

@itsfi you also love candles so you know how it is--they just create a mood ❤️.

You did fabulous 🙌 @CookieGirl1 

Kwailnara makes some deliciously-scented sheet masks, too, @CookieGirl1! Melon that is just like fresh honeydew is my favorite 😋

A full-size Mermaid Mask, you must really love it, yay! Using that one is always a highlight for me 💗

@eshoe I'm so glad that you introduced me to that mask!  It always feels like a luxury experience when I use it.

@CookieGirl1 Fantastic job! So many items I've had my eye on. Love hearing your thoughts. 

@CookieGirl1 you had me at chocolate syrup body wash!!

@missjeanie It smells SO good and the formula is actually good, too.

December 2023 Empties

Month to date: 56 (includes foil samples - link in 2nd spoiler below)

Year to date: 456 (detailed breakdown in dashboard below - see last spoiler)

December 2023 Empties 2.jpeg

Spoiler
❤️ Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream is a forever favorite. The entire Ceramidin line is one my skin loves, year-round but especially in the colder, winter season where it gives my skin the TLC it needs.

👍 While the warm, buttery, caramel and nutty notes of Sol de Janeiro 71 make for cozy scent, it can be more intense than I prefer on occasion.  I do find it nice to spritz from time to time in the air space around me for an aromatherapy pick-me-up, it's not my favorite among the SdJ scents. 

👍Estee Lauder 2N1 Double Wear Stay-in-Place (Desert Beige) really does stay in place. It's a full coverage, matte foundation which are not generally what I go for when it comes to foundations, but is something I've been looking into for the sake of rounding out my foundation collection. This is a nice one and one I would consider picking up in a full size at some point. 

👍 ever spring Liquid Hand Soap - Mandarin & Ginger has a soothing and sparkling quality to it.

❤️ Lawless Forget the Filler Lip-Plumping Line-Smoothing Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Marshmallow (gratis) hydrates my lips while giving them slight tint meant to mimic with its pH balancing properties, the natural color of my lips but better. It's easy to use and I love how portable it is - fits in the pocket of my jeans making reapplication throughout the day easy peasy.

😐 I'm generally a fan of the L'Occitane amande collection and of their hand creams so I was a bit surprised that I found the L'Occitane Nourishing and Protective Shea Butter Hand Cream (Amande) was just okay. 

👍 The flavors in the Waterdrops collection are hit and miss, which isn't a surprise at all; that actually makes sense given how many flavors they have. The Waterdrops Blueberry Iced Tea flavor is a hit for me, though it does depend on the amount of water I use with us. 16.9 oz (500mL) is recommended and I'd say that is the best ratio for this particular flavor. 

👍 For a host of reasons, I've been a shampoo and conditioner foil fiend this month (my December check in for the foils challenge lays it all visually). Phyto Joba Dry Hair Moisturizing Shampoo & Phyto Joba Dry Hair Moisturizing Mask should have been included in that post. Both are nice hair care products, which is to be expected from the Phyto brand. I would be happy to use either or both again, but with so many great formulations out there for shampoo and conditioner, I don't necessarily feel these are "must haves". 

👍 Valentino Born in Roma is a lovely, warm and sparkly blend of floral, fruit, woodsy and creamy, slightly sweet (but not in a cloying or candy-like way) vanilla notes. I was pleasantly surprised by how well I like this one, though I think I would like it more in the warmer seasons.

👍 The sweetened honey and lightly citrus and floral scent of the Gisou Honey Infused Hair Perfume smells lovely. I liked having this trial size in my purse for that midday spritz to refresh the senses (or on occasion to mask the smell of BBQ if I had Korean BBQ for lunch with coworkers).

👍 Chloe Eau de Parfum smells soft, fresh and green - the rose notes smell like real roses, not synthetic and it's more mild than you'd expect, which I think is the result of the mix of fruity, citrusy and green notes that ebbs and flows through the perfume. It's lovely, and I'd happily wear it, but it's not my favorite of the rose scents from this brand (Chloe Naturelle).

👍 Nest Wild Poppy is a bright, fruity floral scent. It's one of those scents that can be uplifting or too much (sweetness) all at once, depending on my mood or occasion. It seems to work best on me when the weather or climate leans more on the warm side.

❤️ Chris Collins Long Kiss Goodnight is a strong, spicy, rose oud scent that is beautiful for fall and winter evenings.

December 2023 Empties 3.jpeg

Spoiler
❤️ JVN Nourishing Shine Drops were a surprise hit this year. 

😐 GrandeLashMD mascara is just okay. It's a thinner, slightly dry formula, which does a nice job of separating my lashes, but that's about it. I didn't feel like I got any extra length from it 

👍 Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo isn't my favorite dry shampoo but it does a good job at absorbing build up from styling products, smells wonderful, and does not leave a white residue in my hair. 

👍 Moon Juice Ting Mango B Complex & Ginseng Energy Metabolism
mixed with some sparkling water adds a nice pep to my day. I sometimes use it as a replacement for coffee in the mornings.  

👍🏼 I included foils used for December the Foil Challenge thread - it had been a while since I took part in a foils challenge and was a nice way to work through what foil samples I had; thank you @ather. It also served as a good reminder that it's very easy for me to accumulate a lot of foils and that I need to be better minded about using up what I have closer to the time I actually get a foil sample. *adding another goal for 2024
CandlesCandles
Spoiler
❤️ I purchased Nest Amber & Incense directly from the brand because I love the glassware. My initial thought was "oh, I want that for my vanity." I was concerned about how strong the incense notes would be - I can get a headache if it's too much and that's not something I was looking forward too, so I opted for the smallest size to test it out first. Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about. The scent reminds me more of a cool and cozy winter evening than a holiday scent. It's also different from Nest's traditional holiday candle offerings. I love the scent and the glass jar and have picked it up in a variety of sizes, conveniently just before I start a low buy next month.  

👍 Every fall I tell myself not to go crazy on pumpkin candles and every year. I feel like I've exercised the most restraint this fall, picking up only 2 pumpkin candles from Target, including this Threshold Pumpkin Spice Candle - it's a warm, sweet, spicy caramel, cloves and pumpkin combination is the candle version of the pumpkin spice latte, sans the calories. It's a smidge sweeter than I care for but it added some warm and fuzzy fall feels. And the jar will make for some cute fall decor next year. 

❤️ I'm hoping the Diptyque City Candle - Seoul is brought back in the spring when Diptyque releases its City candle collection for a limited time. It's a lovely mix of fresh, floral and slightly woodsy notes. The floral notes are subtle - jasmine is listed as one of the notes, but it's not heady or cloying like white florals, and jasmine, in particular, can be. The description for this candle also lists incense in it but it's less musky and earthy and more woodsy and almost powdery.  I will be keeping my eye out for this candle in the spring.

❤️Like the Nest candle, I was drawn first to the jar for this Light 4 Life Stone Candle. Unlike the Nest, I was able to smell it before purchasing. The cold throw smelled wonderful in the boutique and it smells even better when lit. It's one of those scents that made me walk in and out of my room multiple times just so I could pick up that warm and cozy, by the fire scent on a cold weather day - spicy, smokey, slightly sweet, with a warm, toasty, wood and subtle vanilla creaminess to it. 
More CandlesMore Candles
Spoiler
♥️ Threshold Pumpkin Bourbon Candle is my favorite of the pumpkin candles Target offered this year - there were 4 total, I purchased 2. This one is warm, subtly sweet, beautifully boozy and smokey. I'd pick this one up again next year if it was available, in multiple sizes - it makes for a beautiful scent and an even beautiful piece of decor. 

♥️ Daniel Stone COCO Karachi Blood Orange Coconut Body Candle was bright mix of fruit (I picked up the blood orange, some tropical fruit notes and a light citrus) and floral. 

👍 
COCO by Stone Smells Like Autumn did, in fact, smell like autumn with its sweet and spicy apple cinnamon and creamy vanilla notes.
2023 Dashboard: The Empties Edit
Spoiler
Category
Skincare
Sheet Masks
Makeup
Bath & Body
Hair Care
Nail Care
Fragrance
Wellness
Candles
Tools
Other
         TOTAL

Size2023
Full Size
Deluxe / Travel / Mini
Foils
Sheet Masks
                 TOTAL
And that's all for 2023 empties for me. I was initially surprised to see I had so many deluxe samples and foils; I thought I would have more full size empties - it's what I was aiming for. Will shoot for that again in 2024.

Now, it’s time to recycle some of these beauty empties! 
Recycle.jpeg

Happy New Year, BIC!

@itsfi Great round-up of empties & festive photos! All of the candles you used in December look beautiful. I especially like the pumpkin shaped ones. How did you find the scent of the JVN Complete Nourishing Shine Drops? I am using a mini. I think it may have turned. It does not smell horrible, just not pleasant. How did you use it? I am looking forward to trying the Dr.Jart Cream!

I love candles @Mellmars1185!  The scent on the JVN shine drops was pleasant to my nose - light, slightly citrus (not lemon per se but general citrus scent), fresh. The JVN line has a few different scents, one is a more olive-based one that many find less tolerable. It sounds like yours went bad. 

There are a couple of ways I use the scent - either as a styling product, I’ll add a drop or two into the palm of my hands, warm it up a bit and then run it through my hair, mid length to ends for added shine. I started curling my hair more frequently beginning last summer / fall and that’s when I started using the shine drops more in this manner.

Or, I’ll add it to a leave in conditioner, a heat protectant or the JVN Mini Complete Hydrating Air Dry Hair Cream and work it through damp hair from mid-length to ends. This was how I primarily used the shine drops when I first started using them.

@itsfi Thanks for sharing! I have been using the JVN drops after blow drying and warming up between may hands and using the same technique. I didn't think of using it as an additional to a leave in conditioner. That is an excellent idea. I think mine did go bad. I am still using it though 😅. It still seems to be preforming well (besides the scent). It is just a little mini so I can put up with the scent until it is done. But boy, does it last a long time!! I have it on rotation with the Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Oooh, that Ghost hair oil is a nice one @Mellmars1185 

Happy New Year @itsfi ! Great job with the candles and all your other products!

@makeitup305, thank you! Love having candles burning in the house, especially this time of year. Happy New Year to you!

Excellent job!!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, thank you. Just chipping away at things ... all the things, lol.

@itsfi you are inspiring, congratulations on all your empties 

@CorgiMommy, thank you for your kind words. It's been nice to work through what I have 👍, and it motivates me to keep working through the rest. 😆

10,615 Replies
testing