Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thanks, @averylayne. I'm not usually a big fan of tissue-off masks either for that reason- so many seem to sit heavy. Good to know about this one!

@quspork agreed! learned my lesson with this one. I will likely be avoiding those types also!

Loves❤️❤️- paulas choice was discontinued unfortunately. Will repurchase the Jordan Samuel cleanser soon along with the Vichy. Others I already have deluxe samples or backups!Loves❤️❤️- paulas choice was discontinued unfortunately. Will repurchase the Jordan Samuel cleanser soon along with the Vichy. Others I already have deluxe samples or backups!

Loves/ Likes - briogeo is a HG item. Only like is Sunday Riley tidal which is nice but probably won’t reuchaw at this time. Rest I have backups already!Loves/ Likes - briogeo is a HG item. Only like is Sunday Riley tidal which is nice but probably won’t reuchaw at this time. Rest I have backups already!

B940F0BC-0E53-4FCE-BC87-EB0616202FA8.jpeg

Okay-LP is ok. Dr Dennis gross is stinky and I wouldn’t repurchase but will use up samples. Others are nice but didn’t wow me.Okay-LP is ok. Dr Dennis gross is stinky and I wouldn’t repurchase but will use up samples. Others are nice but didn’t wow me.

Destash- boscia was old so needed to go. Korres mask was ok but strong. Andalou mask is harsh a small irritated my skin. Others were just old.Destash- boscia was old so needed to go. Korres mask was ok but strong. Andalou mask is harsh a small irritated my skin. Others were just old.

Nah- verb shampoo left a greasy film at times. Used up on my daughter since she only washes her hair a few times a weeks. Drunk elephant irritated my skin. They reservoir effect was a no go for me as I couldn’t use other actives with it.Nah- verb shampoo left a greasy film at times. Used up on my daughter since she only washes her hair a few times a weeks. Drunk elephant irritated my skin. They reservoir effect was a no go for me as I couldn’t use other actives with it.

@scott1201 wrote:

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Nice set of empties, @jen81!! I've also been enjoying the Living Proof PhD shampoo.

@jen81 Wow great job! I had to laugh when I saw the pudding...I think I have one in my drawer somewhere...haha.

Yes was so excited to try it out. Used it like 5 times then forgot all about it! Oopsie! @Samtian 

I didn't care for the c firma either @jen81 great empties!!

Finally getting around to posting my empties. Here they are for the first quarter. My favorite new discovery was Bubble t hibiscus and açaí berry tea body wash. I love the scent and I’m usually sensitive to scents. My worst discovery was the green tea holiday sheet mask. TTD: 25

JanuaryJanuary

FebruaryFebruary

MarchMarch

@emaisgr8 Great job! I'm working on that BBW lotion.

Nice set of empties, @emaisgr8!! The Skyn Iceland eye patches are lovely.

Great job! @emaisgr8 too bad about the green tea mask

Lots of great skincare / body care products in your empties @emaisgr8. Smiley Happy Love the flavor combination in that body wash - it's the first time I've heard of that combination. I just looked the brand up and there's quite a few body washes that sound like they would smell amazing!

I love their different scents @itsfi 

Empties-2020.03.PNG

Trophy - one of my faves, Thumbs Up - good and will repurchase, Thumbs Croaked - good but probably not a repurchase, Thumb Sideways - fine product but nothing special, Tear Face - disappointing, TGID! - thank goodness I finished this product - it lasted forever!

I had probably 3-4 products I was planning to finish in March that I stopped using consistently cause of the pandemic and slacking on skincare and makeup. At least that will give me some for next month's tally.

More details:

Spoiler
TreSemme Conditioner
Spoiler
I used only DevaCurl from October 2018 through about the end of the year. I wasn't sure how my hair would handle "normal" conditioner. The One Condition Delight is not enough moisture even though I have wavy hair so I stuck with the original One Condition. The bottle only had maybe 1/6 left but I didn't notice any difference when finishing it up. I'm trying other Curly formulated conditioners but for the price point and performance, I'd consider it again if I don't find a real winner.
Schmidt's Deodorant
Spoiler
If you asked me in January this would not have been a thumbs up. I was getting irritation under my arms. I paused and then reused it and it worked wonderfully since then. I am not sure if this or another deodorant I had been using caused some stains on my shirt though. In general the Schmidt's formula has worked the best of the natural deodorant I've tried. I haven't found my go-to scent yet. All of them start very strong and fade through the day but I don't smell and that's what matters most.
Josie Maran Divine Honey Body Butter
Spoiler
This was a gift from the kind @Loretta55. She always has hair insight but apparently knows some body stuff too. This was like having a little luxury. My legs loved this and I would use it on my hands and arms. The one downfall was that I would get some oily residue on my desk at work which is black and shows everything. I'd consider treating myself to something like this in the future. Thanks for sending it to me!
JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter
Spoiler
This sample was sent to me by @faeriegirl. Like the Divine one, it was enjoyable. I think the scent on the honey and the feel gave me a more favorable impression though I think I should opt for more unscented products - don't want to cause sensitivities and irritation in the future. Thank you!
THE INKEY LIST - Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum
Spoiler
Vichy Mineral 89 has been my jam for HA. I wanted to give this a go for the price point. Vichy is thicker and the packaging gives me a more favorable impression. The Inkey List one is thinner but still seems to work well. I have another one to use and after that will compare cost per use, etc. to see if I have a preference for my HA product.
PETER THOMAS ROTH - Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask
Spoiler
I really appreciate @lmaster's tip to use a makeup eraser to remove wash off masks. I received this as part of Sephora gratis and was able to get 5 uses out of the tube. I've been using pore masks once a week. I used a biore pore strip after my 5 weeks and didn't have much on the strip. I don't know why but the KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque seemed to be better though both I think help with keeping pores clear. I have another tube of this I can't wait to try after I test some other pore masks.
FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration
Spoiler
I know this is a product people rave about so thank you @keana1 for sending me a sample. But I'm a price-conscious consumer and if I can get a similar performing product for the same price, I'd prefer it. So I compare lotions to my experience with CeraVe. This had a very interesting texture, not quite whipped but kinda along that line. I only had a few uses (which I did on my face) but it made me curious to try more. I do wonder if it would be right for using on my face consistently because it can also go on the body. I know they tend to have deals on it during the holidays so I might take the plunge and get a "fancier" lotion. Any insight about using it on the face vs. body and your experience is appreciated.
DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides
Spoiler
I'm a huge fan of ceramides but as mentioned above, if a CeraVe product at a better price has similar ingredients and performs well, then that's what I go with. It had a nice whipped texture and did moisturize. I would say it was good but I wasn't impressed that I need this in my life. I think the Protini is more my style if I was going to splurge on expensive skincare. I still enjoyed trying it thanks to @Shosh85 
Caudalie Resveratrol Face Lifting Soft Cream
Spoiler
Another sample goodie thanks to @Shosh85. This had a strong smell for me but boy did it make the skin feel very soft like cashmere. I didn't dive too much into the ingredients but if it weren't for the scent I'd be more curious about this one.
KATE SOMERVILLE - Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum
Spoiler
Also a sample from @keana1 I got to try this one a couple times. The texture was more serum than moisturizer though it has moisturizing ingredients. The scent was too fragrant and gave me peel/citrus type vibes. Just not for me.
Sulwhasoo Luminature Glow Cream
Spoiler
This gave a dewy look. I did get a couple pimples the next day but because it was a sample, I'm not sure if it was the cause or just poor timing.

SULWHASOO - Bloomstay Vitalizing Cream

Spoiler
This is a thicker cream than the Luminature Glow Cream and also had a stronger scent. Because of the scent, just not for me.

I enjoyed trying so many moisturizer options. Everyone's skin is different so it was fun to experiment. Thanks to all who shared samples with me!

@ShortErica I love trying those little foils and samples!  I'm going through a lot of mine right now as well and I'm finding some things that I really like (and a lot that I dislike).  Nice job Smiley Happy.

It's so nice to have a dislike sample so you don't have to waste money trying a bigger size @CookieGirl1. Though it is nice to find something good too!

Well done on all of the empties, @ShortErica!! O many foils!! The inky list HA is intriguing, nice to hear it performs well.

@haleyvvvv It was nice to get through some foils and I should try to set aside so many each month. I think I have a couple eye cream ones I should try. Smiley Happy

The makeup eraser is amazing @ShortErica happy to help 😉♥️

March EmptiesIMG_2727.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask
- Ren Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
- Ole Henriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield
- FAB Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer
- Burt's Bees Detoxifying Clay Mask
- L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
- PTR Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer
- Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream
- Olivia Care Apricot + Fig Body Oil (this used to be branded under Target Beauty)
- Nivea Essentially Enriched 48hr Nourishing Body Lotion
- Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Too Faced Born This Way Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (Vanilla Apricot)

IMG_2728.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask Pack (x4)
- Papa Recipe Black Honey Mask Pack (x2)
- Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask Hydration
- Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes

IMG_2730.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Skinfix Barrier+ Lipid-Peptide Cream
- Kitao Matcha & Chia Cleansing Cream
- By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule
- The Inkey List Q10 Antioxidant Serum
- Nest Ocean Mist & Coconut Water Body Mist 
- Nest Ginger & Neroli Body Mist 
(the body mists aren't new to me, but these scents are)
- Good Molecules Squalane Oil (no different from the many other brands I've used)
- Benefit Bad Girl Bang Mascara

IMG_2729.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Jayjun Pollution-Proof Luminous Mask
- Quret Beauty Recipe Broccoli Glow Mask
- Quret Beauty Recipe Banana Moisturizing Mask

IMG_2732.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Cream
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Farmacy Honey Grail face oil

@MoniDJ Wow! What did you think of the Nest Ginger & Neroli?

4,332 Replies