cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CookieGirl1, Wildberry Jam Donut sounded so promising based on just the flavor name. It’s too bad the throw was so weak. 😔 But it looks like you had some other marvelously scented candles to burn through this month. 👍🏼 I’m intrigued by the Hummingbird Tea Cake candle - do you recall what scent(s) you picked up from it when lit?

@itsfi Hummingbird Tea Cake is lovely.  It actually has a fairly strong banana note with underlying notes of pineapple and a muted spice cake scent.

Great group of empties @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1 you did go through a lot of products, congrats 

@CorgiMommy @lmaster thanks!

Loves 

IMG_8209.jpeg

IMG_8210.jpeg

IMG_8211.jpeg

IMG_8212.jpeg

 Destash

IMG_8213.jpeg

@jen81 Fantastic February empties!!

@jen81, what a great month of empties! You worked through a lot of wonderful products. This is the first I’ve heard of Mother Science. I went to look up the key ingredient in that serum and it sounds good. Will you repurchase the serum? 

Great job 👍 @jen81 

The winter months tend to be my heaviest use months... I'm pretty happy with January's empties.  I just need to keep this up to get to 365 empties this year.  33 empties is a good start!

10 loves

10 likes

11 okay

2 heck nopes

426206808_392734766740904_3890074710973197271_n.jpg

Loves on the left, Likes on the right

Spoiler
LOVES
-Halloween Bath Bomb -- this one came in a little plastic cauldron.  I got them for three little girls in my life and decided that this gal needed one too.  It was a pleasant scent, bubbled up in the cauldron really well and it was a hit with all 4 of us. 
- Stila lip liner.  I really enjoyed this shade as well as the twist up aspect.  I would purchase again, but they've been discontinued. 
-Feria Hair dye... Look are there better options out there, probably, but I started dying my own hair again during the pandemic and it turns out just as nice as when I was paying 300$ a pop.  For the 20$ in supplies... I'll likely keep doing my own.
-Dr Jart Dermaclear Micellar Individual Pads.  I do know these are crazy wasteful, but they're also a saving grace to keep one tucked into my purse and a few into my travel bag.  I don't want to be scrubbing at my face to get anything off with a hotel washcloth etc.  These are the best ones I've found yet and I'm not even sure if they're still available.  One box lasts me a few years, so I'll be good for a while yet.
-Amika Normcore S&C... I got a few samples of different Amika S&C at Sephoria and I've been using them slowly for travel.  I get two washes and two conditions out of each packet.  I could stretch it to three if my hair were a bit shorter I'm sure.  I flip flop on which ones I prefer but normcore works really well.
-Look at me Hydrogel Eye Patches -- I have these in several different versions and enjoy them.  They're the 'sticker' kind of eye patches and are great for when I'm doing things walking around the house.  No slippage, and they're a steal.  
-SC Caffeine eye masks were a gift from a lovely BICer at Sephoria.  I had two and had tucked them into my travel skincare kit.  Was on a work trip with my SO and we each used a pack.  He was a little weary but ended up liking them.  I do think they helped me look a bit more awake and wide eyed.  I have a few more eye patches to get through, but I will be adding packs of these here and there to my orders!

-Peach and Lily Ginger Oil Cleanser.  I like this one.  The scent is pleasant, the formula is thick enough that it doesn't run everywhere and yet viscous enough that it spreads easily.  I also like having a pump oil in the shower so that when I get home late I can be kinda lazy and not wash my face before my night time shower, but then once I'm in the shower I see the oil and can still get all the stuffs off easily.  Already have a back up on hand.  Doesn't quite hit loves status yet, but it might some day.
-Fable and Mane Hair Oil -- I'm not too sure what I think of this yet.  It went between okay and likes in my mind a lot.  I LOVE the scent, and It worked great as a pre wash on my ends, but I think it was too much for my roots.  Or that I was using too much?  This was part of my Sephoria bag and I have another half one to use at some point so I will try again.  I'll for sure use it on my ends... just tbd on the roots situation.
- The Outset Moisturiser.  A small sample but it was good.  This was a bit of a basic moisturiser, but it did it's job.  No complaints at all.  It was easy to use.
-Tower 28 Mascara.  I see why some Love it, but I wish it had a bit more volume.  The brush style isn't my favourite either, I prefer the old school bushy bristles.  It however is one that I'm happy to use again should it come to me.  It's just not the best of the best.
-Dior Backstage Concealer.  I did use this allllll the way up.  I popped out the stopper and got like 3 more weeks worth of use.  The shade was great, but I prefer more coverage than this offered.  If my dark circles weren't so bad... I'd re purchase.  I even used this as a foundation a few days... it's a great product. 
-Assorted Sheet Masks -- These were all lovely with a material that easily hugged my face and left me feeling more hydrated.  All I generally ask of a sheet mask is that.  I don't expect to look like I'm 25 again, but these were lovely, gave some temporary brightening and hydration.  
-Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots.  The pack had 30 stickers in there and they were 3 different sizes.  They all worked nicely helping to clear up the occasional acne spot.  I'd use them again. I don't go through these too quick, but they were way less expensive then the Peace Out version I just bought.  TBD on what I buy next... will likely depend on where I am when etc etc.

426433865_1169239981161117_1941664779611328597_n.jpg

Spoiler
OKAY
-This candle ... I don't even remember where I got it.  The grocery store maybe?  It smelled great, however it left about an inch of wax in the bottom that wasn't burned and the bic lighters I use were hard to get towards the bottom to light it.  
-Lawless lip gloss.  Not a favourite shade, but this was an unofficial panning item for me.  I had it left in my desk at work for probably over a year as the product I reached for a few times a week.  The formula was nothing to speak of.  Wouldn't repurchase this formula, too many others to try out there.
-The assorted sheet masks just didn't stick to my face as well as the others I used in January.  Otherwise they're fine.
-Two makeup remover towelettes... these were in a hotel room and they were fine.  They didn't remove everything like my Dr. Jart Micellar water ones, but they did help to get some of the makeup off before cleansing. 

NOPES
-The Old Spice body wash lol.  My grandmother, bless her... she gifted this like... two Christmas ago to my SO and he's a guy who uses nothing but Ivory in the shower.  I used this up just to use it up.  I smelled like a dude when i did use it lol.  I mean... was I clean?  Sure... but next time the bottle just gets donated. 
-The Dr. Jart Lip Plumper... oh. my.  no.  This thing BURNED my lips with the flames of all flames.  I'm not a gal who enjoys the spicy lip plumpers at all so granted... this isn't made for me.  But having the sample I figured I'd give it a shot.  Within seconds I was running for a towel and soap.  I waited a few days and tried again.  No.  Just no. No one needs to hurt themselves like this for a gloss. 

@missjeanie that candle sounds like it would smell so yummy!  It always sucks when there's wax left that doesn't  burn though.  You did a great job with your Empties!

@CookieGirl1  Thanks! I really liked the scent on it! I’m going to keep an eye out for more of the brand in different containers. 

@missjeanie  Wow great start of the year!!! Omg I laughed when you said spicy lip gloss! It was spicy for me too @itsfi  my lips actually swelled up and my mouth got super red! I tried again and my husband was confused why I would test again lol

@ather I mean... I've worn painful heels for beauty before... sat through perms (look it was the 80s), and lasered my leg hair, and gotten tear trough injections... but no.. no we do not do pain like that spicy gloss for beauty these days.  I was shocked I tried again as well.  Quickly tossed that sample after the second shot!

Excellent empties @missjeanie❣️

Oh yes, the Amika Normcare Shampoo & Conditioner are great!!! I’m thinking of picking up a full size when it’s time to pick up more shampoo and conditioner. @fatimamummy was so kind to pick up samples for me at Sephoria - I was tired out by the time we got to the Amika booth so I  gave myself a “time out” by sitting near the window and she grabbed me a sample based on what would be good for my hair. 💖 

Those SC caffeine eye masks are a permanent part of my travel squad! 🤎 Must haves for me. I will stock up during the spring sale or the next 30% off SC sale. Everytime I see Old Spice body wash at the grocery store, I think of your grandma. 

omg, you and @ather (I think it was ather) have both mentioned experiencing burning with that DDG lip plumper! 😳 I am not someone who always has to experience things for herself - making a note to not try this one. 📝 

@itsfi I'm a toss up on which Amika to pick up during the next sale... I do think I'll pick up something... just a matter of what.  i used more samples when I was away this weekend.  I think I really just fell for all of their products after their dry shampoo and Triple Rx mask won me over.  

My Grandma would be honoured!  lol I don't know why but I just can't toss it.  I need to start a donation pile and be better about actually donating said pile instead of having a box in my entryway or truck for months on end where I end up forgetting about it.  

The Caffeine Eye masks were wonderful... such a lovely little gift from a friend 😉😉.  I actually convinced my SO to do another round last weekend!  He's pretty much gonna be skin care influencer now... so he says lol!!  More of these babies are in my list ready to go for the next sale.  I actually am using up all my eye patches so this is going to be an allowed mask purchase!!

Love that you and your SO are going in for another round of the caffeine eye masks @missjeanie! Love it even more that your SO is going to have a side hustle as a skincare influencer. He can now join in for the trade shows!! 

@itsfi He's been asking if I've posted his 'lines' yet.... but I swear BIC has been against me this week.  It just doesn't like to let me log in.  Friday night lines will happen though! 

Yep, BIC’s been very glitchy this week @missjeanie. I took it to mean a digital detox was in order so I ended up not trying to log on anymore if I couldn’t get in after 3 tries. After that, I just called it a night. 🛌 

I will be keeping an eye out for “friday night lines” 👀

@itsfi Turned into Tuesday Night Lines... he was so proud of letting me use his arm.  lol ... until he tried to rub it all off.  I could see the moment of panic when a few things were still on there after the first round of make up remover, but he got the hang of it.   

BIC wasn't having me this weekend at all.  I'm hoping today's log in success means that things are cleared up and the tech troubles have passed.  

@missjeanie, he must have been like “what did I just do?!!” when the swatches didn’t come off at once. 

Are you having better success logging in? My issues with it seem to have been resolved in the early morning <<knocks on wood>>  I’ll try again after work tonight to see if I just got lucky or if it’s all cleared up. 

1 Reply
testing