cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: @missjeanie did you see L'Occtaine is coming out with a f...

As soon as I find out when they are coming out, I'll tag you @veronika23 posted about them on the beauty confidential thread listed as spring- summer 2019 releases

Still no date yet... 😞 @lmaster  @missjeanie 

Killin me @veronika23  🤣

Oh please do @lmaster !  I'm gonna go check out that thread right now!

Re: Empties - 2019

Dr jart BB cream is the bomb dot com! I've seen cailon in and out of costco online, may want to check there. not sure if it was a member only item @missjeanie 

Re: Empties - 2019

@CC3616 I've gone through a few tubes of the Dr. Jart BB, I think I just started trying new things and never got around to buying a new one.  The sample size reminded me that I love it!  

I have a Costco membership!  I never think to check there for beauty products though.  Great recommendation!

Re: Empties - V2

20210425_191018.jpg

The philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask was EXCELLENT, and the sample of the Nest Ocean Coconut perfume made me invest in a larger size.  The rest was very "meh".

20210425_191300.jpg

Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil --thrilled to have finally finished this off.  It worked OK but I HATED the scent.

The Garnier shampoo is great for everyday and has unfortunately been discontinued (but I actually have a backup).

The Pink Watermelon candle was nice but not a fav.

ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture Masque --not an intense mask, more like a lightweight everyday conditioner.

Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL --1000% a winner for me.  My skin LOVED this as a daytime moisturizer during the last few cooler months and I would absolutely repurchase.

Vanilla scrub--OK, happy to have used it up.

Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion--this was a sad excuse for a scrub.  Got it in a sub box, absolutely wouldn't rebuy it.

20210425_191547.jpg

Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray --this was the last one that I had in my collection and it's finally gone!  I have other sprays that I like so much better so I'm happy that I can kick this mini out.

Farewell to my Becca Sunrise Waves bronzer.  This is the second one that I've completely panned (and spoiler--I actually think I have one more in my backup drawer, lol).

LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook --I wish I didn't like this so much.  It took me awhile to realize how much I really enjoyed it until I found myself reaching for it over all my other glosses and I wish it wasn't so expensive for the amount that you really get.

HUDA BEAUTY Silk Balm Hydrating and Nourishing Lip Balm Blush --nothing special, didn't like the smell.

tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm --Pretty good.  Not my absolute fav but I'd repurchase it.

The Physician's Formula eyeliner was good but I've gotten to the point where I usually just use eyeshadow in place of eyeliner these days.

20210425_191701.jpg

Declutters:

Love the colors of these 77 Lacquers but the formula is HORRIBLE and I'm done wasting my time with them.

RIP Clarisonic.  I'm surprised that it lasted this long because I think it was about 10 years old and it finally died a slow death.

The Jouer lip topper has to go--it didn't take me long to realize that I'm allergic to something in it.

Love all the little finished perfume samples! Im also interested in trying the Honey farmacy lotion and lawless gloss. I’ll wait until I finish more of my Clarins gloss I just purchased which I looove. Also just got that Ceramiden cream from Dr. Jart but will likely try the farmacy one next!

@CookieGirl1 Are you planning to replace the Clarisonic? Mine also lasted 10+ years and finally died last year. I ended up buying the FOREO Luna, but actually find that I only use it maybe once a week or every two weeks because chemical exfoliation has been more effective for my skin now. 

@lnum I agree that I'm a huge fan of chemical exfoliation but I do still really enjoy the Clarisonic pretty much everyday and as luck would have it, I knew someone who was actually wanting to sell her Clarisonic that she'd only used a handful of times, didn't really like it, and stuck it in a closet (and forgot about it) until she was doing some Spring cleaning.  She sold it to me for practically nothing since she was mostly just planning on decluttering it anyway so it was really an unexpected blessing!

Oh how serendipitous @CookieGirl1 ! Glad you got a new one and can still enjoy it!

Great job on the empties, @CookieGirl1!! The Fatmacy moisturizer sounds amazing, I'll definitely need to pick up for the next cold spell.

@CookieGirl1  Wow great job getting through everything!!! I love the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook  it’s so good! I’m surprised you went through it already. I have back up in my drawer!! 

@ather it really IS good. I went through it way too fast, though.  I'm kind of a lip gloss fiend, lol. 

@CookieGirl1 Thanks for weighing in the the Alterna.  Now I know that's another product I can skip.  I've been leaving my Redken Heavy Cream Super Treatment in for a couple minutes extra the last couple of weeks, and have really noticed a difference.  I'm bringing some in a three ounce bottle on a trip this week, and will leave it with my sister to try.  I'm hoping that if I have enough room in my luggage I can give her some samples (and FS) that I've been hoarding of other products.

@greeneyedgirl107 I agree, if you like/need something that's going to be uber-moisturizing, this isn't it.  I like it but I definitely have other products that offer a deeper level of hydration. 

Those polish shades are super pretty @CookieGirl1 , hopefully you can find them in a better formula. 

Ughhh!!! So sorry you were allergic to the jouer!! @CookieGirl1 

@lmaster me too! The toppers are actually really pretty but they practically burn my lips off (which ISN'T so pretty). 😳💋

I’ve been accumulating empties for three months now.  Time to move them out to start the year fresh:) 

25D64CD9-5CAF-432E-9259-BDE31285A4A2.jpeg

0C2EAC56-9877-40DC-8ADA-107954F3AAA8.jpeg

83D52AE5-CFF3-4F8C-B15D-1428D6551AA9.jpeg

 Not a whole lot to mention in the soap department.  I’m liking the spongelle sponges lately.  this dalia scent isn’t my absolute favorite so I’m powering through them first 

8F8F8802-03A8-4F13-9A53-A32966135A8C.jpeg

 as much as I love the scent of bath and body works hand lotions they don’t seem to give the hydration I need with all the hand washing I’ve been doing without me adding my own oil to the lotion. The Moroccan oil hand lotion is wonderful on its own and I LOVE the scent!  

0E54F887-95F5-4ECE-9CCD-C3E913E021E5.jpeg

 I loved the purlisse illuminatjng BB cream in fair. It’s a good colormatch got my skin and is lightweight on the skin.  
the sugao powder is a fav of mine.  It purposefully leaves a white cast for anyone who likes their pale skin and wants a translucent look. 
the insta white milk to who cream is another skin translucency Cream I enjoy.  I would have repurchased it this year but japan was a no go so My arm is twisted and I must use up more of my stash😅

I got through four lip products!  Woooo!!!  

DFA3A6E6-2DF1-4762-A644-7AC2041DAA5D.jpeg

 I’ve been trying to get through my perfume samples.  I swear this has been going on for years. 

BEE61D56-82E4-4B39-867E-1B53BF5958BC.jpeg

CF84BD86-4381-48D3-9D3F-9782A169C881.jpeg

 All the masks I would buy again in a heartbeat if I weren’t overloaded with masks:) 

85032A13-0B1D-4232-A061-E5A8D4AC8B50.jpeg

 i really enjoyed the Katesommerville skincare challenge pack.  My skin was very happy with me that week. 

56F873A0-CA15-421E-ADEF-6DFF4171063F.jpeg

 I couldn’t even force myself to get through these. The apricot body lotion seemed nice at first but I got sick of the scent very quickly.  The hand lotion smells like urinal pucks.  

@heartsmyface Great job on the empties!!! I can't wait for the day I ever finish a lipstick haha. 

1 Reply
testing