cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@missjeanie Haha so did I! Strumpet is still one of my favorite shades. 

2020- 171/100 Slow month for me.

Love-
Wax Melts- When I could smell them lol

Ok-
Korres Guava Lip Balm
Biores Nose Strip
L'Occitane Shower Oil
Skin Inc. Licorice Serum
Hello Kitty Mask
Origins Maskimizer
Cosmetea Black Tea

N.O.-
Bobbie Brown Cleansing Oil
OOzoo rose mask
I don't know yesterday mask

Destash-
Foreo Night Cleanser

Nov Empties.jpg

You’ve almost doubled your goal of 100 empties @Samtian! Nicely done. 😃 

@itsfi Thank you! I've done a lot better than last year, pretty proud of myself.

@Samtian good job!!! I feel like October and November have really been procrastinating months for me.... When the cold hit,,, I literally can't move,,, so my masking and skincare have taken a back seat 😒

@lmaster I feel that! I've just been too depressed and tired. And I don't want to use my stuff that smells because I want to enjoy it haha.

October was a slower unmotivated trash month 😔 25 empties YTD 649

IMG_20201108_172514997.jpg

 LOVES⬆️

IMG_20201108_172311365.jpg

 LOVES⬆️

IMG_20201108_172552124.jpg

 LIKES⬆️

IMG_20201108_173231273.jpg

 empties not great enough to repurchase ⬆️

IMG_20201108_172627935.jpg

⬆️ didn't work for me

IMG_20201108_173158121.jpg

 destash 🗑

That's not ONLY 25 empties, @lmaster --it's still a lot!  Great job 🙂

Thank you @CookieGirl1 I really had been slacking with sheet masks last month,,I did use wash offs quite a bit though 

That is still a ton of empties, be proud @lmaster!

@ShortErica awwww!!! Thank you!!

2020- 160/100

Love-
Royal Jelly Face Mask
Sephora S Clean Lip Oil
Bioderma Sebium H20.

Ok-
Lush Honey Shower Gel
Tarte Clay Mask
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Intense Moisture Mask

N.O.-
Perricone MD Re:Firm Treatment
Sephora Grapefruit Wipes
Tarte Gel Mask
Ole Henriksen 3 in 1 Cleasning Gelee
Oozoo Aurora Bear

Destash-
Origins Dragon Fruit Mask

Oct No.jpgOct Ok.jpgOct Yes.jpg

@Samtian super impressed you finished one of the SC lip oils.  Lip products always seem to take me forever. 

@missjeanie Thank you! It seems like it took me forever, but I used it daily at work, like every two hours over a 12 hour shift. 

@Samtian  i love Lush i'd be curious to know some of your favorite products from there i'm always looking for good recommendations so i can try new products there. 

@WhereYouStand I'm sorry I can't be of any help. I don't have one near me and the products I get are generally gifts given to me. 

September 2020

Empties-2020.09.PNG

Spoiler
Erno Laszlo Detoxifying Cleansing Oil (though this one says it is the Exfoliating & Detoxing Cleansing Oil, so maybe it's different than what I tagged 🤷) - it is a thicker black gel. It definitely did not stand a chance against my tinted SPF. It did okay as a cleanser with make up but even then I'd follow up with micellar water because sometimes it didn't get quite everything. It was just okay. I snagged this at TJ Maxx for a steal of a price but wouldn't repurchase even if I found it there again.

Lab Series For Men Multi-Action Face Wash - this sample was part of a unicorn mail gift from @keana1. Sure I could have shared with my husband but I focused on my cleanser samples at some point and figured I'd try this. It is exfoliating with tiny beads that seemed gentle enough. It did foam lightly but wasn't bubble crazy like some. It was a bit stripping for me though. I'd describe it as my hands skidded across my face. It had a somewhat peppermint scent though it wasn't overpowering. I didn't mind it for a sample and enjoyed trying it but wouldn't purchase the product.

philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 8 oz/ 237 mL - also from keana1, this one was just too strongly floral scented for me. It foams lightly but still got bubbles in nose. Seriously why are bubbles attracted to my nose. With all these samples I've realized I just am not a foaming cleanser girl. It was not as stripping as others on me and does remove makeup. I did have some mascara left on but I'm 98% it was my fault for not cleansing area more and not product. It also removes some but not all tinted spf so good on it for at least making some progress on it. The smell was too much for me though.

Garnier Daily Targeted Wrinkle Treatment (TGID, thank goodness it's done!) - so let's just say I bought this in 201X, that doesn't look too bad compared to when the X is. Oops! It never smelled bad and the texture never changed. So I did not use this daily but when my forehead wrinkles bugged me, I'd apply this. It was good a temporarily helping them. I think I need to invest in actives and other treatments for skincare but I'll give the product credit for helping like it claims. Not a repurchase and glad to have worked through it...finally!

Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz - another treat from keana1! I had this tube from gratis that I tried earlier in the year and then tried some other masks. I wanted to give this a 2nd go because although the first impression was decent, it's always interesting to see if you feel the same, the next time around. As a pore clearing mask, it seems to be effective. After using it once a week in my routine (which is how I've used these masks) I had some but not a lot of gunk on a nose strip after using the tube. I removed  the mask with a warm makeup eraser but did need to do multiple passes to ensure all was cleaned off. This is one that I'd gladly use again but am not running out to repurchase. I'm trying the innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask and also have The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to try.

Camay soap - I've been working my way through soap vs body wash/gel and found this in the stash. I'm pretty sure it is from my grandma when I was moving. It was fine but after using soap I'm really wanting to do some gels again. Though it is very satisfying finishing things and diminishing my stash. Once I get through a bit more, I'll pick something up. Any suggestions? I still have the Holika Holika aloe one from @missjeanie that is yearning to be opened.

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla - got this mini as part of a holiday kit. This is the first Laneige lip sleeping mask I've finished. I'm at almost 500 uses of the full size and have a long way to go. This one took 200 uses to finish (yes I tracked it!). I find Laneige in general good for maintenance but not repairing. The vanillas seemed to have a softer consistency than the berry. I enjoyed the scent and out of this and the berry, this one wins for me. I have the apple lime and grapefruit minis still to try. At least I'll be prepared to know how long they take to use and will add them in once it is more spring/summer and try to keep making progress with the berry.

Pocho's Little Soap Shop peppermint bath salt - this was part of a housewarming gift. I feel like the mint type salts do tend to help with muscle soreness but it isn't my favorite scent. It was enjoyable and a sweet gift but I'll probably stick with Dr. Teal's.

One more week and hopefully I'll have a timely October empties post 😀

@ShortErica I really like the innisfree,,I have never had a red reaction, and I actually used it a couple days ago, and my skin felt so soft and smooth after washing it off

Awesome! It seems good so far to me @lmaster. I tend to use it for a few weeks and then do a Biore to test if it is helping keep everything clear and clean

@ShortErica Did you ever find a cleansing balm/oil that you love?  For bath gels I always go to the philosophy ones purely because I want to have a variety of them to pick a scent based on my mood.  My shower usually has 3 bottles in there that I rotate between, though formula wise it's pretty average.  If you like the SDJ BumBum scent their body gel really is a nice one. 

I have found some that work fine with makeup but am still trying to find one that will do a complete job with my tinted SPF @missjeanie. I try to only have two open at a time and since I just finished one, I get to try a Korean one my sister-in-law got me. She said the reviews claimed it could remove anything so I'm excited to try it. If it works, or even if it doesn't I'll be sure to share. I don't wear tinted SPF as often since well, covid ruined my sports Sunday when it would be the perfect time to wear some heavy duty SPF and protect my skin. Maybe I'll do an outside day with the boys and test the Korean one tomorrow.

4 Replies
testing