cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

September empties = 57 YTD empties = 624

IMG_20201006_105616494.jpg

⬆️ Love products

IMG_20201006_105850564.jpg

⬆️ Love masks/ bbw soap

IMG_20201006_105414270.jpg

⬆️ Love 

IMG_20201006_105952194.jpg

⬆️ mehhhh not terrible but not great

IMG_20201006_105432418.jpg

⬆️ destash

IMG_20201006_105327987.jpg

⬆️ had high hopes but fell flat 😣

Awesome job getting through products @lmaster ... I can smell the SDJ body wash just seeing the photo, yummmmm!

Thank you thank you sweet lady!! @missjeanie 

Nice empties @lmaster!!! I had high hopes for that Teddy Bear Sheet Mask too. I don't know what they were thinking with the shape of that mask. It was even too big for my face, and that never happens to me! 😆 I also wasn't wowed by the Glow Recipe Cleansing Balm. I can get better at a cheaper price. 

@sephoraaddict918 thank you!! I love love love the scent of the Sephora mask,,, but holy cow,, that's so much material!!

Nice work on the empties @lmaster! 👍🏼😃 Reminds me that I need to pick up that St Tropez watermelon self tanner. 

I usually use the watermelon lotion to maintain what I get from the tanning drops @itsfi thank you sweets!!

September Empties!

All the products I finished in September!All the products I finished in September!

Spoiler

🥰 - Love it / Routine Staple / Definite Repurchase

😊 - Enjoyable experience / Will Likely Repurchase

😐 - Can take it or leave it / Might Repurchase

☹️ - No thanks / Won't Repurchase

😡 - TRASH

Face:

🥰 Acure Seriously Soothing Blue Tansy Serum Stick - Love this! It makes my skin feel soft and look so glowy and dewy. I already have another stick in my current routine and a backup in my skincare stash.

😊 Ariul 7 Days Avocado Sheet Mask - This mask was great for bringing back hydration and nourishment to my skin after a clay mask. The sheet fit my face well and had plenty of rich milky serum. I would buy this again.

☹️ Buxom Lash Volumizing Mascara - This mascara has one of the better brushes on the market. I like how it separates my lashes, but I don’t use it by itself because my lashes don’t look volumized with just this mascara.

😡 Clarisonic Acne Brush Head - Since Clarisonic discontinued my favorite Radiance Brush Head, I’ve been looking for a replacement, and this ain’t it chief. I was surprised that a brush head supposedly made for acne-prone skin would be so rough. I still had plenty of uses left, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. Even if they were still around, I would never buy this again.

😊 The Crème Shop Honey Lavender Fusion Sheet Mask - I haven’t met a Crème Shop mask that I didn’t like, and this one was no exception. It smelled like lavender and helped me relax during an evening mask session. The mask fit well and had plenty of serum. I would repurchase.

😐 ElishaCoy Revitalizing Ampoule Solution Sheet Mask - This mask must not have blown me away because I don’t really remember anything about it. I could see myself repurchasing this only because I wouldn’t remember that I already used it before.

🥰 Essence Volume Booster Lash Primer - I immediately fell in love with this primer after I discovered it, and I never looked back. I actually prefer this lash primer to the highly rated (and expensive) Lancôme lash primer. This is the only lash primer for me.

🥰 Formula 10.0.6 Soak Your Face Sheet Mask - This mask is so amazing! It fits my face well and has so much serum. It’s great for replenishing the skin after an exfoliating mask. I would definitely buy this again.

😊 Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask - This is an oldie, but goldie for me. I don’t use it often, but when it’s on sale, I pick it up.

☹️ Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm - I like the texture of this balm, but it didn’t break down or have the slip I prefer in cleansing balms. Although it did a good job of taking off my makeup, I had to keep adding water to make it milky because without it, the balm feels like a paste. I can get great cleansing balm at cheaper prices, so I don’t see myself buying the full size version.

☹️ The Inkey List 15% Vitamin C and EGF Serum - This serum did nothing for me. I didn’t notice any brightness, and I didn’t notice a decrease in my PIH. The positive is I didn’t experience any irritation. I wouldn’t repurchase because the results didn’t wow me.

☹️ Kiehl’s Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream - This was too light for my dry skin. I needed to add another moisturizer on top of it.This is not the face cream for me.

😊 Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil - I really liked this cleansing oil. It did an excellent job removing my makeup, and I enjoyed the earthy lavender scent. I probably wouldn’t run out to buy this because I can get good cleansers at cheaper prices, but I might get it during a sale.

😊 Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate - When I first got serious about skincare, this one of my first purchases. I love how soft and glowy my skin looks from this face oil. The downside for me was always the price. Now, I can get those results from more affordable face oils and serums. Despite my love, I probably won’t be purchasing this anymore.

☹️ Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream - This is a nice moisturizer, but I prefer something richer. I wouldn’t buy the full size.

😊 Laneige Cream Skin Mist - A mist so fine that feels like nothing at all. I’m sure I went through this more quickly than I should because I sprayed so much because the mist is so light.

😊 Lapcos Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask - This mask has grown on me, and I’ve gone from meh to yay! This has plenty of serum and fits my face well.

😊 Origins Hello, Calm Face Mask - I immediately fell in love with this mask from a sample and was lucky enough to find it at TJ Maxx. I love the creaminess and the earthy scent. This is the perfect mask for a relaxing pampering session. I would happily repurchase.

☹️ MAC Prep + Prime Lip Primer - Didn’t make my lipstick last longer, and just adds another unnecessary step to my makeup routine. Wouldn’t repurchase.

☹️ Neutrogena Bright Boost Gel Cream - Too light to work as a moisturizer for me. This worked best as a serum because it is also kind of sticky.

☹️ No7 Resurfacing Skin Paste - So gentle that it didn’t seem to work. I wouldn’t buy this again.

😊 NYX Radiant Finish Setting Spray - Like the sparkle this setting spray leaves behind. I would absolutely buy this spray again.

🥰 Paula’s Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser - This stuff is AMAZING!!! It’s the best cream cleanser I’ve ever used.

😐 Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots - Bought these on clearance. I liked that they came in different sizes, but they weren’t the best with attacking my zits.

😊 Peach Slices Hydrate Sheet Mask - This was a surprise hit for me. After the lackluster zit patches, I didn’t have high hopes, but this mask was fabulous.

😐 Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist - Another super fine mist that I used up much too quickly. I didn’t really like the floral scent, so I’m on the fence about buying this again.

😊 PUR Lit Mist Illuminating Setting Mist - I really liked the sparkle and the fine even mist. The negative was when I was close to finishing, the mister gets a little wonky. It spittles instead of sprays. I don’t know how well it actually protects against blue light. That claim seems a little hokey, but I would repurchase again during a sale.

☹️ Sephora Moschino Toy Honey Mask - This mask is super cute, has plenty of serum, and smells delicious, but it doesn’t fit my face well. I got this on clearance, but I still wouldn’t repurchase.

😡 Sephora Pink Clay Mask - This burned as soon as I put it on. I thought it might be a compromised skin barrier, but it happened each and every time, so it’s not me, it’s you pink clay mask.

☹️ Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream - My dry skin loved this rich cream, but the size I got was not enough to see any results in the brightening department. Also, this did sting my face a few minutes after I applied it. I received this as a Diamond gift, and my experience didn’t make me want to purchase it.

😐 Supergoop Superscreen Daily Moisturizer - The is an excellent 2-in-1 SPF moisturizer for lazy days. I’m on the fence about buying this again.

😊 Too Faced Hangover RX 3-in-1 Setting Spray - I didn’t like the artificial watermelon scent in this special edition, so I would buy the original formula before giving my final final thoughts. I did like the sprayer and how it helps my whole look come together and keep my foundation in place.

😐 Ulta Beauty Youthful Glow Concealer - This gives an amazing glow, but it doesn’t give the best coverage for my dark circles. I like to layer it over a full coverage concealer for extra brightness.

☹️ Ulta Beauty Youthful Glow Foundation - This is an okay product with terrible packaging. Product leaks, and it gets messy very quickly. Luckily, this was a Diamond gift, so I didn’t waste my coins on this.

☹️ Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Mask - This mask also burned upon initial application each and every time I used it. I did like that this clay mask was hydrating, but I wouldn’t repurchase.

Body:

😐 A La Maison de Provence Coconut Cream Hand & Body Lotion - Picked this up at TJ Maxx. I like the texture, but didn’t like the scent. I wouldn’t seek it out, but I might try a different scent.

🥰 Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Hand Soap - Love this scent!

😐 C. Booth Vanilla Butter Body Lotion - Basic moisturizer with a nice sweet scent.

😊 CeraVe SA Cream - I’m using this to help with my strawberry legs. I haven’t noticed dramatic results, but my legs feel much smoother. I’m already on my second jar.

😊 Danielle Miracle Foot Mask - Plenty of serum and the booties fit my big feet without ripping! Win-Win!

🥰 Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash - This has been my go-to body wash for years! I love the scent and how soft my skin feels after using it.

☹️ Giorgio Armani Sí Eau de Parfum - Not a fan

😐 Hum Glow Sweet Glow Gummies - They taste fruity, but I obviously didn’t see dramatic results after 1 serving.

☹️ Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum - There is something missing that keeps me from loving this fragrance.

😊 Love Beauty and Planet Bountiful Bouquet Hand Wash - Smells like roses and has a creamy lather.

😊 The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner - I’ve been using this to help with the discoloration on my knees and elbows. I have seen some slight improvement and am currently on a second bottle.

☹️ Philosophy Pure Grace Nude Rose - Smells floral, but nothing like roses.

🥰 Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Buttercream - This is the poor man’s Bum Bum Cream. Smoothie Star also has a sweet vanilla, nutty scent that I love. It one ups the SDJ by actually working well for dry skin.

🥰 Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - I keep coming back to this because of the scent and the scent alone. This doesn’t do a great job in the moisturizing department.

☹️ Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Body Scrub - This is a very gentle scrub, but the signature scent doesn’t linger, so I will stick to the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrubs.

😊 Sol de Janeiro Glowmotions Body Oil - Samba Sway leaves a nice sparkle, but it’s tinted, so it may transfer if you don’t allow it to absorb properly before getting dressed.

☹️ Sol de Janeiro Shower Cream-Gel - I wasn’t wowed by this after one use especially since the scent didn’t last. I’ll stick to the cream.

☹️ Ulta Beauty Makeup Remover Facial Towelettes - Use these for big makeup messes. They work well enough.

🥰 Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - Love this scent! I have a full size in rotation right now.

☹️ Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew - Meh

☹️ Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight - Meh

Hair:

🥰 Carol’s Daughter Coco Crème Mask - Smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling nourished and looking healthy.

🥰 Kreyòl Essence Haitian Black Castor Oil - Love this for moisturizing my scalp. This has Rosemary and Mint, so it also gives me a tingly sensation. I’m on my second bottle.

☹️ Ouai Detox Shampoo - Like the scent, but this is too stripping.

☹️ Pattern Jojoba Oil Hair Serum Self-Heating Pack - I liked the oil, but this whole system feels unnecessary and gimmicky.

😐 Sun Bum 3 in 1 Leave In - Used for my wigs. I like the smell and it worked well as a detangler.

😐 Sunny Isle Knot Free Forever Leave in Detangler - A random TJ Maxx find that works well as a leave-in on freshly washed hair and when detangling before shampooing.

Amazing job! @sephoraaddict918 I agree with the GR cleansing balm... I'm so glad I opted to wait for a sample because it doesn't compare imo to the farmacy cherry balm

Excellent work @sephoraaddict918. You got through a lot of full size products! That always feels good. Oooouh, B&BW Winter Candy Apple is a scent I really like a lot! ♥️

Thank you @itsfi!! Winter Candy Apple is soooo good!! I am so ready to stock up on that scent!

WOW @sephoraaddict918 that is a serious amount of products you finished! So may good details, too. The Formula 10.0.6 sheet mask sounds great, I will give it a try based on your review. Lucky you to find the Hello, Calm at TJ Maxx, too. I'm curious, how long did it take you to get through the biggie BumBum cream? 

@eshoe Thank you!! I didn't realize how many products I finished until I laid everything. I was both proud and embarrassed. 😆 I can't wait to hear about your experience with the Formula 10.0.6 sheet masks, and I hope it's a really good one. 

It's hard to say for sure how long it took me to finish the Bum Bum Cream because I was constantly rotating it in and out of my routine. If I splice it together, I would estimate it lasted about 4 months with me using it about 3-4 times a week. I have dry skin, and I really slather it on, so it may last longer with a lighter hand. 

Four months @sephoraaddict918 lol I guess I must be really stingy with mine! Full strength for arms, diluted with unscented lotion for legs. I bet it feels soooo good on your dry skin 🥰

August Empties

AugMasks.jpgAugEmp.jpg

Spoiler
Notes:
Nugg Skin Fizz, which I suspect has been discontinued.
Sachajuan Hair Cleansing Cream, this was another expired sample so I used before tossing. I use the FS as one of two shampoos my hair tolerates.
Pyunkang Yul Essence - slightly viscous essence that my skin loves. An easy repurchase.
Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL - this mascara made by lashes look so pretty, and natural, but it took some work to make it work. The product itself is very thick, and I had to apply numerous coats to get my final look. But it was always pretty, and always worth it. There are just so many other mascaras that make it easier with the same results.

The Biossance Detox Mask with Tea Tree Oil Mask is very, very strongly scented. It's been a few months and it is veering on a turpentine scent, so I am tossing. 

Everything else was good, overall a quiet but good month.

YTD 
Sheet Masks249
FS85
DS96
Foils84
Total514

@eshoe I hate it when good products get discontinued 😔

It’s happened with so many of my favorites @CookieGirl1, getting attached to anything in beauty is risky business🤔

@eshoe I know! I'm guilty of buying backups of some of my favorites if I suspect that they're going by the wayside but I really try not to stock up on stuff too much. Catch 22.

Yeah, @CookieGirl1 - I guess if anything it’s a reminder to just appreciate the present. 

Noooooo @eshoe not discontinued 😣 great job!! 

@lmaster I found a few in the brand’s site and bought them, along with a Kale/Lemongrass version which sounded good in theory. The scent is almost unbearable, but the results are good, so there is that😂

1 Reply
testing