cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@heartsmyface these photos are beautiful 😆 hope you are doing ok!

How is the scent of the Glow Recipe pineapple serum @heartsmyface? The reviews are so mixed. 

@faeriegirl   It’s wonderful and probably my favorite part of this serum.   It smells exactly like overripe pineapple. I’ve been through three bottles of this stuff and will likely repurchase once I get through two of my current vitamin C serums.  Had to try them all😁

A few more things I finished recently. 

41E5FB67-0378-447F-8E5B-6447009A2740.jpeg

If you’ve been following my empties you know I’ve been on a no-buy since June. I am finishing all the things I have in my stash and not allowing myself to purchase until they all run out.

All the masks are ok, but nothing to write home about. I like those acne dots, I have been breaking out quite unusually. The Tatcha sunscreen is a HG product. The Bakuchiol serum was great, it’s so unfortunate it was discontinued (I know I say this constantly). I love that Laneige product because of the lavender scent. I would consider repurchasing in the future but I still love my belif aqua bomb the best. 

@lnum  Awesome you’ve been sticking to the no buy. I was a bad girl and bought the DE micellar water to be fair mine is almost out and I bought the new olaplex 0 

I plan on a no buy August and to keep my no buy until I’m out!!

@ather I am with you for a no buy August! I think I might need shampoo, conditioner and one face oil but that’s it. 

@lnum  That’s not to bad!! My little man was playing in my closet this morning and pulling out all my DS and I realized I shouldn’t need anything for a bit. I have so many foils I need to use up too! 

@lnum great job!! You've really done wonderful at shopping your stash!

@lmaster Thank you! I keep thinking about my goals and how much more important they are to me than beauty spending! 

Don't you worry @lnum I'll be back on the support thread very soon 😆

Alright, my empties bucket is quite big so it took a couple images.... and I forgot to save them for a couple months....so many were tossed into recycle or trash. But here we go. I'm going to list the winners, as in what I actually replenish. Feel free to ask about the others, there were some "okay" and some "horrid" products, some were good but not as good price or scent wise as my favs.

Love

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Conditioner 13.5 oz/ 400 mL 

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 

Murad Hydro-Dynamic® Quenching Essence 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL 

IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Hydrating Moisturizer 2 oz 

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub (Ulta has it)

TonyMoly Panda's Dream Rose Hyaluronic Face Cream (Ulta has it)

TonyMoly Moisture Boost Morning Cleanser (TonyMoly Website)

belif Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser 

GLAMGLOW GENTLEBUBBLE ™ Daily Conditioning Cleanser 

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 

#Lancome Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Eye Cream (why no linkage?)

Laniege cushion (was my perfect foundation/bb cream and now discontinued... still hunting for decent replacement)

Set OneSet One

Set TwoSet Two

@Weetart  Awesome empties!!

@Weetart so excited to see your empties!! 👍

Thanks @lmaster ! I might have no money at the moment but I have a years worth of samples and gratis to get through. It's a blessing in disguise to get rid of everything. I should have taken a picture of a tote sized bag of weeded items that my friends mother wanted. That was impressive as well.... suddenly I can see the vanity and shelf space.

Nice empties @Weetart! Love belif jelly cleanser! I feel like I have it in a variety of sizes - full size, DS, foil. 😃

Ooooh, me too. Its the best. I think I still have a weeks work of foils left. I try to keep them for traveling. Once I'm out of my current facewash I'm pretty sure I'm going for it. Have you used their toners? Do they have one that is more mattifying? I find those to work better with my next steps in my routine. @itsfi 

Wonderful - so many empties! How did you find the Sol de Janeiro Nude cream? @Weetart 

Personally I found it disappointing compared to the effectiveness of Coco and BumBum. And the container was horrid, the pump was ineffective at a certain point and I had to take a utility blade to make the top removable. @sister13 I was really hoping for something as good as the others but scentless. 

Some more empties! I’m continuing to try to post these a little more regularly, although most are coming from my giant bag of junk that I have been accumulating. Hoping BIC will cooperate with the posting. 

For the most part, these are all LOVES, with a couple likes, listed below. Extra shout outs:

Bad Gal Gang is my HG mascara. It gives me defined, voluminous, long, black lashes and doesn’t dissolve or flake throughout even the longest days.

GrandeLash MD is a staple.

Cold Plasma + is also a staple.

Collagen Pop used to be a staple but I kinda forgot about it!

Super You, I think was good, but didn’t notice major differences in mood or whatever as some have claimed. I got this 2 for 1 or so on Nordstrom sale

The Perricone Blue Plasma - not life changing but a nice toner/cleansing water

Pixie Caroline Hirons was very good but I sort of felt like I had to use the oil cleanser, then dry my face before the cream cleanser.

A7ECA222-2188-4128-85D0-CCF60C0DAC6A.jpeg

These bottles I’m keeping for re-purposing:

Great empties! I really find Perricone products to be very effective, so effective I can fight through their stink lol @sister13 I tried the Grande lash and brow, meeeeh. Then I realized, well, I never plucked my eyebrows and have thick lashes so what was I really expecting. But their lip plumper on the other hand. I use that sucker all the time. Too bad it doesn't go on sale, or if it does I miss it.

The latest versions seem to be WAY better (fish-wise, Lol). Like, the Cold Plasma + has no fish scent to me, but yes, I am still fighting my way through an old jar of the original Cold Plasma, which is awful but worth it. @Weetart ❤️🧡💛

6 Replies