cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Second Quarter Empties. 
I LOVED all the different BubbleT shower gels. They all smell so good. The Spascriptions Glacier Water wipes were another favorite. The Mario Badescu facial spray with Aloe, Sage and Orange Blossom was a nice mist. For masks my favorites were Venofye royal honey sheet mask and Therawell Hemp eye steam masks. For make up my favorite was Bare Minerals Mineral veil. 

1st Q - 25

2nd Q - 44

TTD - 69

April

5EC1C4B1-0EDB-4E43-ACC0-D941B878FDE9.jpeg

 May

DB364394-0459-401C-A03A-F1184603DE71.jpeg

June

344BE36D-7B88-4EFA-8533-C4C601D97C50.jpeg

Yay for bubble-T shower gel @emaisgr8! They smell so good! 😍

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil is a staple for me too. Great job on you empties @emaisgr8!

Thanks @ShortErica 

Love your empties @emaisgr8 😊

Thanks @lmaster 

So much catching up to do so let's start big with the 6 month wrap up (Jan - Jun 2020)

Skincare, Makeup, Haircare, Body, Misc

Total: 49 (which feels so small compared to others)

Full size: 19

Mini: 18

Samples: 12

Masks:

Sheet masks: 82

Mini wash offs: 3

Samples: 3

This gives me a great gauge of how many masks I use and should keep in my collection.

Now, picking up where we left off: April 2020

Empties-2020.04.PNG

Spoiler
Verbana Lavender soap - okay, hotel sample, glad to use

fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent - this was a generous gift from @faeriegirl, it had a wonderful lemon scent and was nice to apply, I'm trying to be a little more strict on avoiding fragrance in lip products but boy is it hard because they smell and taste so yummy, this is a definite temptation to purchase

The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - I bought the duo with this and hyaluronic acid. Actually I bought two of those kits. The eye cream isn't super impressive but is nice to use. After stopping, I've noticed a slight purpleness near my inner corners. Maybe it did help with that. I'm currently using the SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff which helps more with brightening but I wish it didn't have fragrance. I think I want to try the CosRX peptide eye cream but if I just want some type of eye cream for my routine I might use The Inkey List one again

Sephora clay masks (gray, green, pink) - all were fine and I'd use again. Don't think I'd purchase them though

LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask - do not like it as a sleeping mask so used as a wash-off, it did moisturize but I could use a sheet mask or moisturizer and get the same results, not worth the price to m

Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask Mini 1 oz/ 30 mL - had the typical Fresh scent, I felt a tingle and heat, a little heat remained after rinsing, skin was smoother, not sure how much I'd use a mask like this since I still have so many sheet masks. I feel bad about the waste but I do like the convenience of them

Ouidad Featherlight Styling Cream - since my DevaCurl experiment, I'm now testing other brands. I love getting $5 off of $10 coupons from Ulta and buying this mini. It isn't a holy grail but I tend to have good hair days when I use it

Next up, May 2020

Empties-2020.05.PNG

Spoiler
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL - this was enjoyable but with my fairly long hair, I was only able to get 3 uses out of it so it's hard to judge results, my hair still needed to be brushed through to get wetness so unfortunately it didn't help with that for me

DevaCurl Buildup Buster™ Micellar Water Cleansing Serum 8 oz/ 236 mL - I got these at a previous Ulta 21 Days sale. I finally managed to finish one. I feel like it does it's job and I'll use up the 2nd one. I know there are so many other similar products on the market and I'd like to give them a try despite this one working well

Origins Mini Clear Improvement™ Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pore 1 oz/ 30 mL was another treat from @faeriegirl, it had a fairly strong smell but worked fine, I think I prefer either the Kiehl's Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask 5 oz/ 125 ml or Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz but I really appreciate getting to try this mini!

Estee Lauder Day Wear - it had a refreshing scent like cucumber which I enjoyed although I know scents aren't good in skincare, even with SPF it did not give a white cast that I noticed, I don't think it will become a staple for me but I sure do enjoy getting to try a little bit more of a luxury product thanks to @Loretta55 

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - this gave a radiance to the under eye so I only used for the daytime, I don't know what ingredient is doing it (usually I see mica for that much radiance but nope), has some nice ingredients but didn't expect to see significant results because it was a sample, this was great to try - thanks @Shosh85 

Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Shea Butter & Almond Oil - I think I've found a great light fragrance for the bath, I enjoy the lavender if I want help sleeping but this is great for a more mellow bath, I'll definitely repurchase once I straighten up my bathroom in the new house

And finally caught up, June 2020

Empties-2020.06.PNG

Spoiler
Coola After-Sun Recovery Lotion - consistency was kinda like a sunscreen and took a lot of rubbing in, it was fine and I'm sure helped some with sun exposure post-care but it wasn't anything exciting

Missha Eye Cream - another eye cream from @Shosh85, this gave a great amount of radiance too but was much thicker in consistency, it did have a fragrance, of course now I can't pinpoint it but when I used it, I kept thinking that I know the scent from somewhere

Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL - woohoo! I actually used up my birthday gift this year. I guess haircare is a lot easier than a lip product or blush. Anyway, I found the peppermint scent on this a bit strong for me. It was nice to try something different but it isn't something I would purchase

The Body Shop Strawberry Hand Cream - the consistency of this reminded me almost of pudding, it had a delightful strawberry smell and I found it to be a great summer scent, I was in the habit of putting on hand cream at work and this helped motivate me to restart the habit while working from home - thank you so much faeriegirl!

And one more piece of unicorn mail from faeriegirl - DevaCurl High Shine Multi-Benefit Oil - I couldn't use it on my hair dry or it gave a greasy look but when I used it on wet hair, it kinda gave the impression of a gel-like look with more definition, I don't think I'll incorporate a hair oil into my routine but it was great to test and see how my hair liked it

@ShortErica and the trophy goes to..... Epsom salt!! Good job 🙌

Thanks @lmaster! Gotta love some Epsom salt especially Dr. Teal's

@ShortErica I sent you a pm last night and notifications should be working again 😊

Yay for notifications being back @lmaster! I'll check my messages 🙂

Thank you! @ShortErica it worked 😉

RE: Empties - V2

Not For Me: I had to throw these out they were bad for my hair especially the roots.

not for me: 

I wanted to like this it smelled really good.  I feel like I prefer body washes that have more bubbles. this one didn't get very sudsy. 

just ok. The detox is DC but it was still good to use so I finished it up I wasn't very hooked on the scent i think i bought it at the time when it was around because there was a mermaid on it. the serum was ok. 

Likes: the meyers clean day hand soap in lilac was a backup because I couldn't find the lavender. the lavender is my fave. but the lilac isn't half bad. 

really loved all these. the mini container with the writing partly missing is glow recipe watermelon sleeping mask. and sadly one of my mermaid makeup brushes died. while I was cleaning it. 

Re: RE: Empties - V2

@WhereYouStand, RIP to the mermaid brush - it was such a pretty brush. 😞 Agree with the OGX - it’s not a good fit for my hair; I haven’t found a product in that line that works well for me. 

I love that Ms. Meyers Lilac scent too, @WhereYouStand

I do not care for OGX also. It dries out my hair. @WhereYouStand 

@emaisgr8  their shampoo and conditioner are terrible! i do however like the coconut scented body wash they have now. 

Some great masks in your loves, @WhereYouStand!! 

Loves- have farmacy, dr Dennis gross and eucrin already replaced. Kora is very nice but doesn’t last ling at all.  Paulas Choice sunscreen is great, will repurchase in future! Dermalogica is way overpriced in my opinion!  Works well thoughLoves- have farmacy, dr Dennis gross and eucrin already replaced. Kora is very nice but doesn’t last ling at all. Paulas Choice sunscreen is great, will repurchase in future! Dermalogica is way overpriced in my opinion! Works well though

Nope!Nope!

Likes- like the Trader Joe’s cream. The lush was a scrubbier. Paulas Choice retinol is very nice but siliconey. Malin and goetz mask is nice but have similar products that I like better.Likes- like the Trader Joe’s cream. The lush was a scrubbier. Paulas Choice retinol is very nice but siliconey. Malin and goetz mask is nice but have similar products that I like better.

Hi @jen81,

Great job on your empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

Nice set of empties @jen81!!! I'm using the Dermalogica PreCleanse, and I agree that it is definitely overpriced. I bought it during an Ulta sale, and that would be the only time I would buy it again. How was the Christophe Robin Scalp Scrub? 

testing