cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@heartsmyface, you remain my inspiration for decluttering and working through my products. Very impressed with your foils declutter. 

@itsfi   Oh my gosh thank you.  My own inspiration came from a few decluttering videos on YouTube.  Ha, i think it’s been a long time coming. I’ve needed a major declutter for a few years now and all I needed was a little nudge (and to be able to open cupboards without things falling out). Seeing someone else do it first was what I needed.  

I don’t know why I was holding onto all those foils.   When I first got into makeup foils excited me and I had them all sorted and organized and was super happy to have them.  They somehow morphed into this burden over the years.  Im hoping, now that they’re gone, the few that come in will spark excitement to try new things again. Or I can just repeat the purge next spring 😁

It's so fascinating what just a little nudge can do @heartsmyface! Now, you can use and work through other products, including ones you purchased, and using things that are still available for repurchase when I finish up with it and find that I like it - as opposed to finding it's been discontinued for a while! That's what I've really been enjoying. The more I've decluttered, the easier it's gotten and it's been so nice to be able to donate or gift things as well. So thank YOU, hearts, for being the nudge I needed to really cause this whole purging and decluttering to finally materialize! 🤗

Holy foils, @heartsmyface!  That's impressive.

@CookieGirl1   Thanks.  I was doing another foil binge trying to use them up before stopping and realizing if I keep using foils the products I actually bought are never going to get used.  I won’t have many moving forward cause I decluttered them all.    I can fit most of my skincare (excluding lotions and masks) under my sink now:). 

My April Empties. I did really good for myself this month. I even tried using sample cards, things I normally set aside and never touch. 

55/100. Not including these destashes I did. 

Emtpies April Faves.jpg

Love-
Schmidt's Bergamot + Lime
Skyn Iceland Eye Gels
Vintage & Co Hand Cream
Nars Concealer Sample

April Ok.jpg

Ok-
Creme Shop Sea Kelp Eye Sheet Mask
Benefit Roller Lash
Dr. Teal's Coconut Foaming Bath
Creme Shop Snowman's Story
Cosmopolitan Foot Mask

April No.jpg

N.O.-
Dr. Teal's Activated Charcoal Salt
Coco Cabana Cream- Smell's Old.
bareMinerals Powder Foundation
Guerlain Baby Glow Meteorites
Nature Love Moisturizing Foot Mask
Sephora Dragonfruit Mask
Mona Lisa Firming Mask
Wax Melt
Estee Lauder Foundation Sample- No opinion. Not enough to test.
Dr. Jart+ Peptidin Firming Serum

April Empties Destash Masks.jpgApril Destash.jpg

Destash-

JS- Breakfast at Tiffany's
Face Masks x8
Clinique Pink Honey
Buxom Yes You Gloss
ABH Eye Primer
Bite Lip Masks

I'm pretty bummed about the face masks. I really wanted to try them. But I had misplaced my tub of closest expiring face masks last year or so and just found I it in April. These ones were expired by more than a few months. 

Nice empties @Samtian!! The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer used to be my HG, but I have been trying so many other concealers lately. I need to revisit it to see if I still love it like before.

I am not a big fan of the Benefit Roller Lash. It nothing to my lashes, even when I use a lash primer. It's definitely not worth the $25 they charge for it. 

I used a sample of the ABH Eye Primer a while ago. I really like the product, but I hate that packaging. I only need a little bit of product, but as soon as I touch the tube, all this product squirts out. It was so wasteful. 

@sephoraaddict918 That was exactly my problem with the ABH! It went everywhere. I only used it once and couldn't deal with the mess. I agree about the roller lash, nothing especially for the price. 

Have you tried other scents of the Schmidt's @Samtian? The bergamot and lime was pleasant but just not "me" if it makes sense so I'm trying some others. Sorry about your expired masks.

@ShortErica Thank you. I have tried Ylang-Ylang + Calendula. That one was horrible. Looks like they have some new ones I'd like to try. But the others all had scents I don't like. 

The Rose+Vanilla is quite strong when applying but the scent fades. Still I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a fan of floral scents @Samtian. I got a few from Marshalls before everything shut down and can't wait to test. Hopefully I find one that I enjoy since the deodorant tends to work well for me.

@ShortErica I love floral lol but not roses yuck. Hope one works out!

Great job getting to use those sample cards @Samtian ! I do the same... "oh I'll just put these over here to use later".... then later I forget all about them!

@missjeanie Thank you haha it's the worst!

Oh no, those Pokemon masks were especially cute @Samtian!! It's a good reminder to use things (I've got some sheet masks that need to be used ASAP). Great job on the empties!

@haleyvvvv Yes they were! Thankfully I had used a few of the pokemon masks last year. Thank yoU!

@Samtian 

I went through all of my masks not too terribly long ago, and was a bit appalled to find some with exp dates as far back as 2017. 😵

But, exp dates are really just arbitrary numbers, especially for something like a mask that's sealed airtight. Don't be afraid to open em up and give em a whirl...if they smell fine and feel fine and otherwise seem fine...go for it! I've used quite a few expired ones with no issues, and have only had to toss one that seemed off so far. 

If anything, at least don't waste the biobelle 💕 🤣🤣🤣

@RGbrown Awe dang it! I had already tossed them after the photo. 

Awwww @Samtian that's so sad about your face masks 😣 but you did find them!!

@lmaster Thank you, thankfully not all in the box were expired!

@Samtian I think I'm going to have to go through my stash again and sort them all by expiration date, I did pull out the ones that expire this year, but more have been added 🤦💋

testing